PDA

View Full Version : Some captains are just idiots

05-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Does anyone remember the famous "Door Hanger Incident"? We were all compelled to leave door hangers on false S-49's. Some fed up officer advised on main channel "Door Hanger Issued" just to prove a point. This officer was then called into the captains office and reprimanded and told not to do that again, it makes us sound stupid etc. etc. Two days later a memo comes out from another captain that on all false alrm calls when no contact is made you will leave a door hanger and advise on main channel that one was left. How idiotic is that the same thing this officer was reprimanded for doing two days earlier is now policy. It made those two captains look like the buffoons that they are. I wont mention any names but one of the captains told us not to "nickel and dime" on our overtime or being held over but then makes us stay untill exactly the time we go 10-7. Idiots.

05-18-2008, 01:11 AM
This does not surprise me at all. Please share with all of us who the two dumb ones were. One has to be DW. He had to be told by Major RB because he would never make that type of important decision on his own.

It seems like the Major wants to run everything because he has most officers and Sergeants report to him everyday and does not let a captian even try to learn. That is why we have an entire forum just for captains and Major RB. :oops:

05-20-2008, 10:53 PM
you know i have heard some bad things about MB from other officers, but i just got done having him as our road capt. not a bad guy, and when you joke around he doesnt take it personally like some. he will even let you do some real police work. too bad he is just a relief capt.