PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Elijah Jones R.I.P.

05-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Rest in Peace Brother..We will miss you.

05-18-2008, 12:15 AM
So sorry to hear about this loss. EJ you will be in my prayers.

05-18-2008, 12:41 AM
EJ...You will be sadly missed! I was trained by you, inspired by you, molded by you and hold you in the highest regard. My passion for highway interdiction is because of you. You were always there when I needed guidance and did not hesitate to correct me when I screwed up. When people inquire about my style of patrolling, my response has always been and will continue to be, “I am Elijah Jones trained”

Then next interdiction pop is for you EJ! Semper Fi and rest in peace

Scott Gardner

05-18-2008, 01:34 AM
http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.as ... 2707e07d0a (http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=4349cc4c-0f84-4fe8-96f1-022707e07d0a)

05-18-2008, 02:04 AM
RIP Brother.

05-18-2008, 03:51 AM
My heart and prayers go out to the family. Trooper Jones you will be missed.

05-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Elijah,
You will be missed brother. May god watch over your family in this tough time. Rest in peace.

05-18-2008, 11:43 AM
EJ, God needed another Good Law Enforcement Officer and decided to call you. Bro, I will miss talking with you about life, business and family. The Highway Patrol may not no this, but, just lost a GREAT MAN & A GREAT TROOPER!
Love you Bro...

05-18-2008, 12:51 PM
You will be missed...and for far more than simply being a Trooper.

Rest in Peace Brother!

05-18-2008, 01:10 PM
You are a great man and Trooper. God bless you and your family. May you rest in peace....

Jernsey
05-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I am with FWC and EJ was my roommate in the academy for a while. He was always able to make people laugh. Rest in peace brother. I will always tell stories about you and baby Brad.

Can someone please post the funeral arrangements when they are set. Thanks

05-18-2008, 03:36 PM
may god watch over you and your family

you will be missed

FHPTROOPER
05-18-2008, 06:32 PM
This is a tremendous loss for FHP. I worked Elijah in Sarasota and he was a great man. Dedicated to his job and serving the public. Rest in peace brother and god bless you and your family.

05-18-2008, 08:46 PM
That is such a true statement. Sad situation all the way around.

05-18-2008, 09:32 PM
any arragements made yet?

05-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Thats why we have to live right cause we never know when God will need us to come home not only are we Troopers but we are humans that are seen as robots that don't care have no feelings and just want to bother folks. But that could never be more wrong we have family's that we love we work hard to provide a better life for. With all that said let's not down anyone for anything cause we are human we all make mistakes but lets remember him for the solid person that he was. As a family we have to be there for one another even if the state fails us we can't afford to fail each other.

Rest In Peace My Bro

05-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I attended Savannah State with Elijah and he was the funniest person and was always smiling and joking. He had a lovely wife and two beautiful children. Elijah was the type of person that would do anything for you, whether he knew you or not....May God be with him and his family in this truly difficult time......

05-19-2008, 01:45 AM
Heartfelt prayers go out for the children who are now without the nurturing love of their father (E.J.) who was call home by the Lord.

Having (E.J.) been reassigned to Troop L / Lake Worth, I know Major Miguel Guzman, Troop L / Commander and his staff are doing a GREAT JOB in providing Unconditional Love and Support for E.J's family.

I believe that, the timing of E.J.'s Homecoming by the Lord and his reassignment were timed perfectly because, he would have not received the same Unconditional Love and Support from others had he not been reassigned to Troop L. Many of us already know this, but there are some who don't want to know this. "This was a Great Man and a Greater Trooper" who will always be missed by many.

Thank you Major Guzman and staff.

God Bless E.J.'s Family

05-19-2008, 03:24 AM
To the family, i will always remember his smile and his positive attitude towards life. We had much fun while we attended college at Savannah St. and kept in contact over the years. I knew he was a fine officer and not to many come around like him. It was true blessing knowing him and may he forever RIP...... THX LODGE!!!!

05-19-2008, 05:53 AM
You will be so very missed. Memories of you will forever be within my heart. You were a freind and someone I could count on at all times.
You are loved by so many, have touched so many peoples lives, I'm proud of you, I always have been and always will be. Your in my heart forever.

05-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Rest in Peace

05-19-2008, 12:33 PM
May you rest in Peace my Friend. It was a true blessing to know you and you came in to my life by chance.They say people come into your life either for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. You came at a time when things were tough and I needed to laugh and believe. Your encouragment and daily blessings, truly pulled me through. You could make a grey sky blue quicker than the sun came up! You were a great Dad and great person. May your family be blessed through the tragedy and pain. May your family be blessed with the strength you projected to the lives you touched! You will be sadly mourned and missed. Your Friend Stacie Ortiz

05-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I have known EJ for almost 7 years and every time I was in his presence there was no shortage of laughter. He was an amazing person whose personality was infectious in the best of ways. A highly respected Trooper, loving father and all around GREAT person. May his spirit live on through those that he has touched. My thoughts are with his family in this very rough time.

05-19-2008, 08:40 PM
EJ was a one-of-a-kind trooper and friend. He was the dearest friend of the family....at least we have lasting memories of our last trip to Jamaica with you. My husband has truly lost a good friend. Yah Mon!

Our thoughts and prayers are with EJ's wife and children. He was a great father and loved his kids dearly.

Other troopers need to take note of EJ and his personality. It was everlasting.

EJ,
THE BEST OF STATE TROOPERS,
FATHERS - MOST OF ALL THE
BEST OF FRIENDS!!
WE WILL MISS YOU!!!

Forever in our hearts!!

Frank D. and family

05-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Memorial Info Thus Far -
- Wake -
Thursday, May 22nd 5-7pm
Shulers Memorial Chapel, Inc.
5301 N. Australian Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL
(561) 848-1139

- Service -
Christ Fellowship Church
Royal Palm Campus
9905 Southern Blvd.
Royal Palm Beach, FL
(561) 799-7602

When I received this info, this is exactly how I got it. I haven't been able to track down the day and time of the service but I'm sure its on Friday. You can probably call the church to confirm the time. :(

05-20-2008, 12:42 AM
EJ, My mentor, My friend, My confidant, My brother. We started our careers at the academy together, we trained hundreds of recruits and in service personnel, we endured SWAT school, we made our first entry together, we chased bandits, we lived on the edge. At times I have wondered how we made it without falling over.

This senseless tragedy makes me feel mortal for one of the first times in my life. Even now in my despair, I can't help but think of the lives that have been unknowingly saved because of your passion for the job and your professionalism.

Your convictions were strong and your humility was well known. You had one of the most dynamic and comedic personalities I have ever known. One could not help but be drawn to it, even if it meant you might end up the brunt of one of your jokes.

While your family suffers, they need to know that they were the most important thing in the world to you, and your wife is the only woman you have ever loved. They need to know that your faith was strong, and that you are now with our Lord Jesus Christ. I know these things because you told me so.

While searching for scripture, I located this verse and found it fitting. 2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Years from now, when I'm a little wiser and they are a little older, I will sit down with your children and tell them the kind of man their father was. I will tell them how you made a difference in my life, and in the lives of many others.

Motivation Dedication Pride And More, We Are Recruit Class 94! Godspeed my brother.

05-20-2008, 05:49 PM
It is my understanding the service is at the Christ Fellowship, Royal Palm Beach Campus, not the Palm Beach Gardens campus. Christ Fellowship has 5 locations.

05-20-2008, 10:27 PM
The wake service for Elijah on Thursday is at Shulers Memorial Chapel
the correct phone number is 561-882-4255

the funeral service will be at Christ Fellowship on Southern Blvd. and Hwy 441

05-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Unless you have ever been a dispatcher you will never understand the relationship between a dispatcher and a dispatchee. haha. I just made that up!!

There are people in this life that you immediately have a connection with, it’s a connection that you can’t describe. It’s nothing sexual at all, nothing like that. Almost like old souls that have been through something together before, maybe a past life, or kindred souls, that’s what some people call it. But when you meet these people you notice it instantly; that you are comfortable around them, that you can trust them and it feels like you have known them your whole life. And if not your whole life, then a good portion of it (even if you have just met).

But no one will EVER understand the relationship that you (as a Dispatcher) have had with certain dispatchee’s. That is something that is extremely personal, and it is NEVER intended for another’s eyes. It is sacred and treasured. We are your work spouses. We are the one’s that you count on for protection from the worst of the worst. We are your life lines. Even if the radios don’t work we have your cell phone numbers just for the incidents that we can’t imagine might happen.

However it is not dirty, or (again) sexual, or driven by intentions that are insincere.

When shit goes right WE are the one’s who quietly revel in the glory (and know that you are safe at home with your family).

When shit goes wrong, WE are the one’s who beat ourselves up to figure out what happened. And we (on the PM shift) WILL figure it out and it will NEVER happen again!!

WE are the ones that you secretly call when you run out of gas and you don’t want anyone else to know.

WE are the ones that you call when you need a ‘favor’ (ie running a criminal history of your daughters new boyfriend).

We are the one’s that YOU can talk to about work and you know that we will understand every single word, code or signal that you are saying.

No one, and I mean no one, knows you like your dispatcher. Like it or not, as soon as we ALL signed that paperwork, we ALL gave up our rights to everything!! Me the same as you, and you the same as me.

We are stuck, and we all feel equally helpless. But we rely on each other for comfort and understanding, there are no two people that understand each other better than a dispatcher and an officer (dispatchee), because YOU may not know it but we hear the change in your voice immediately. We also know your schedule (when you eat, where you eat and with whom you eat). And the instant that there is something slightly awry, we WILL pick up on it, even if you don’t want us to. We will. That’s our job. And we do it tirelessly and with the love, care and compassion as if you were all our first born.

EJ this one is for you, because you always made me feel comfortable (as a dispatcher) where others have made me feel like shit. You were always nice and professional and I appreciate that. I do!! I will miss you calling in your 208’s and ending our conversations with ‘you’re my hero’ because that was ‘our’ catch phrase. You truly are ‘my hero’ and no matter what, you have to know that I have respected you since the day that I met you!! You were a little more reserved at first then some of the other Trooper’s, but I’ve learned that comes with the territory.

You have given me some of the greatest advice of my life!!

FHP has lost one of the greatest; period!!!!!!!

Thank you EJ, you are and always will be MY hero, as you were and as you will always be!!!

05-21-2008, 03:28 AM
ALWAYS BE MINDFUL THAT JUST AS GOD SUPERNATURALLY HELPED ELIJAH (1 KINGS 19-4) HE IS READY TO HELP YOU. AND ALSO BE MINDFUL THAT GOD USES OTHERS TO HELP HIS CHILDREN.
WE CAN LEARN FROM THIS PAINFUL MOMENT.
ELIJAH I MISS YOU WITH ALL MY HEART.
KEEP ON LOVING EACH OTHER AS BROTHERS AND SISTERS, REMEMBER TO WELCOME STRANGERS (AS ELIJAH ALWAYS DID) SOME WHO HAVE WELCOMED STRANGERS HAVE ALSO WELCOMED ANGELS WITHOUT KNOWING IT!
YOU ARE OUR ANGEL ELIJAH. WE LOVE YOU AND WE MISS YOU.

YOU LOVED WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN.
REST NOW, WATCH OVER US, KISS FOR YOU PRECIOUS ONE.

05-23-2008, 02:21 AM
EJ
thanks for the good times playing ball. i really enjoyed it. god bless brother, see you again someday.

11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
E.J I HAVE KNOWN YOU FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME BUT IT WAS A PLEASURE TO HAVE A FRIEND LIKE YOU. YOU ARE TRULY MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN. LOVE ALWAYS