PDA

View Full Version : GPS ?

05-17-2008, 12:27 PM
I noticed you guys have GPS tracking devices in your patrol vehicles now. How is that working out for you guys? any discipline being crammed down your throat from the BRASS yet

05-18-2008, 12:11 AM
I noticed you guys have GPS tracking devices in your patrol vehicles now. How is that working out for you guys? any discipline being crammed down your throat from the BRASS yetI work alpha and I give mine to the lady who delivers the newspapers so it looks like I'm patrolling every street in my zone then I go take a nap at the FPL substation. (Just Kidding)

05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
why is it that we have to have our gps up and running and none of the supervisors have theirs?'

lead by example :twisted:

05-23-2008, 01:14 AM
why is it that we have to have our gps up and running and none of the supervisors have theirs?'

i've come to the conclusion that gripping in this dept does no good, and really once you accept that they will do what they want to do, you will be much happier. but to answer your question, they dont use them because of the following reasons:

1) they are either somewhere they shouldn't be

2) they are trying to sneak up on you eating pancakes

3) they dont want everyone to know that they have been at dunkin for 4 hours eating poop

and

4) they dont lead by example because thats what leaders do, and that wasnt covered in manager's of america seminar nor was it on the sgt.'s exam.

05-23-2008, 06:47 PM
ouch!

05-23-2008, 07:16 PM

Look again some do and some are like me and theirs just dont work. Again people just ASSume thay know everything. The new AVL units are in and then see who turns theirs off. I personally will turn mine on when I get one that works ALL the time. Just like you I get criticized for traveling 200 MPH on the Sawgrass when Im on the Pkwy at a red light.

05-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Mine doesnt work either.
I heard they are all being replaced shortly with new ones that work really well.
I guess it just takes time and they will see us all.

05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Mine doesnt work either.
I heard they are all being replaced shortly with new ones that work really well.

I could care less if they see me. I go out do my job and use my head at work. I know before you say anything that this is a unique approach, but it has worked for me.
:P

05-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Mine doesnt work either.

I could care less if they see me. I go out do my job and use my head at work. I know before you say anything that this is a unique approach, but it has worked for me.
:P

Use your HEAD? Quit trying to be like Joe V!

05-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Joe's GPS is built into that big geee-iant heeeed- ITS GOOD TO HAVE JOE BACK!

05-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Joe's GPS is built into that big geee-iant heeeed- ITS GOOD TO HAVE JOE BACK!

yeah he gets k9 in the right track