PDA

View Full Version : No to Laptops!!!!!

05-17-2008, 02:53 AM
Throw us a bone!!!!!!! I"m appaled at FWC for yapping about getting us Laptops.....WHO CARES!!!!!!!!! FHP must be upgrading agian.
If Col. Jones was serious about working for us a raise......
She would be setting up a workshop with FHP to learn how to get us one!

Remember.....Say NO to this years physical assesement!

05-17-2008, 01:15 PM
FYI: The word is FHP is in the process of upgrading their laptops again.

05-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I am trooper and I have heard nothing about a laptop upgrade. The current laptops we have are working great. I doubt they would give them up already. I think this is just the old rumor mill at work again. Stay safe

05-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, some highway patrolman say different!

05-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Officer safety issue: We need the laptops!

05-31-2008, 03:46 PM
oh ya, but with GPS capability so we can monitor you!

05-31-2008, 09:04 PM
how can lab tops be an officer safety issue? it is more convenient than anything.sure we can run people ourself but i would rather be looking at the bad guy rather than typing away.the only good thing is that it has spell check.i dont really care if we get them or not ,just another piece of eqiupment to keep up with. i tell you, i do miss the days of sitting at the boat ramp and filling out your time sheets and reports by hand,it seems we got alot more done that way

05-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Officer safety issue: We need the laptops!Are you kidding me? Officer Safety issue.......Use the radio

06-03-2008, 08:42 AM
FHP is getting some sort of in MDT and moving away from laptops... Thats what i heard from a reliable source.... :?: :?: :?:

21Regal
06-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Swipe the DL instead of typing it in. I guess if people are thinking it is to monitor them then you might not want to work at an S.O or P.D. because they are already using similar systems. For some folks the radio is the best option. I have been using one for almost three years and haven't had an issue. I use it for ticket, reports, logs, booking sheets, you name it. And yes I use it on a boat too. Some folks want to gripe about anything. Salary dollars do not come from this funding. I would rather e mail my reports in instead of having to go to an office. To each his own.

06-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Throw us a bone!!!!!!! I"m appaled at FWC for yapping about getting us Laptops.....WHO CARES!!!!!!!!! FHP must be upgrading agian.
If Col. Jones was serious about working for us a raise......
She would be setting up a workshop with FHP to learn how to get us one!

Remember.....Say NO to this years physical assesement!

Say no to laptops? What does that even mean? Yeah, refusing a computer will really show the brass who's boss. That aboy toughguy. Hope you didn't get dirt on your sucker when you threw it down.

Oh yeah your caps lock is on.

06-27-2008, 01:38 PM
I hope you "game Wardens" are smart enough to realize funding is funding! Do you really believe it when they say.."thats from another source of money". Its simple banking, it all starts somewhere. If you take money from one pile and move it to the next pile....isn't the first pile now smaller? They want you to believe that 3 million dollars of spending does not effect your chances of a pay raise.......Interesting. And whats the saddest part, it looks like they have convinced the majority of you. What if every agency recieved laptops.....still no effect? When the lap top idea first showed up it was 1 million.
If you take millions out from the original pile of funding ( States Pile ) and disseminate it, it DOES effect your overall chances for benefits.
Two reasons you will get a Laptop: 1. Troopers have them 2. So the agency can say their officers have them
FWC has the most gulible officers I have ever seen. No wonder you'll never get a raise

06-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Go back to your own forum and bi#ch about getting a raise, trooper.

06-28-2008, 02:05 AM
I hope you "game Wardens" are smart enough to realize funding is funding! Do you really believe it when they say.."thats from another source of money". Its simple banking, it all starts somewhere. If you take money from one pile and move it to the next pile....isn't the first pile now smaller? They want you to believe that 3 million dollars of spending does not effect your chances of a pay raise.......Interesting. And whats the saddest part, it looks like they have convinced the majority of you. What if every agency recieved laptops.....still no effect? When the lap top idea first showed up it was 1 million.
If you take millions out from the original pile of funding ( States Pile ) and disseminate it, it DOES effect your overall chances for benefits.
Two reasons you will get a Laptop: 1. Troopers have them 2. So the agency can say their officers have them
FWC has the most gulible officers I have ever seen. No wonder you'll never get a raise

You sir, have not a clue as to how State funding works. One can only hope that your knowledge of traffic crash investigation is a notch higher.....

07-02-2008, 11:32 PM

You sir, have not a clue as to how State funding works. One can only hope that your knowledge of traffic crash investigation is a notch higher.....And remind me agian....who got the raise? Your more gulible than stupid. You really do believe the lies of funding. They have you right where they want you. Broke and stupid