PDA

View Full Version : Peace between us

05-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm not going to stir up an old post. But I just want you guys and girls to know that I have the most respect for other Law Enforcement Officers. I don't care where you work. I don't look at it like we are above the law and we can do whatever we want and not expect to face the consequences. I look at it like your a law enforcement officer, you deserve respect. Therefore I wouldn't give you a ticket or arrest you but look out for you.

Here is the problem these days, police officers aren't being shown the respect that they deserve. That's why people try us the way that they do and call and complain about us and even go as far as try and kill us. I'm on the same team-I'm a police officer-I will show respect for all law enforcement officers. Now don't get me wrong when I pull you over, I am going to walk up to your car and act firm with you. That's because I don't know who you are. Don't take that as "he's a 4 letter word!" I don't walk up to cars that I stop acting like a clown or someone that is "easy". When I get up to the car my senses take over- I dont know if its scent or just intuition about the stop, any other of my 5 senses. But I know right away how things are going to turn out. So if I walk up firm don't get firm with me, just understand that's just my front. Bottom line is people don't show police officers respect, police officers aren't showing police officers respect. And police officers don't know how to act around other police officers. Take 20 seconds and introduce yourself whenever interacting with another police officer. Even if you deal with the same police officer on a daily basis, shake hands with him or her and tell them your name again. People forget. Make friends. You don't have to hang out with them outside of work unless you want to.

State Trooper

P.s. I have stopped State Troopers, Pasco Deputies, Tampa Police, Pinellas County, Clearwater police, TIA police, Hernando Deputies, FBI, NJ cops, NY Cops, NYPD, Hillsborough deputies, Brooksville police, Plant City, Dade City, FDLE, St Pete cops,Boarder Patrol, Customs and they have never gotten a ticket from me.

05-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm not going to stir up an old post. But I just want you guys and girls to know that I have the most respect for other Law Enforcement Officers. I don't care where you work. I don't look at it like we are above the law and we can do whatever we want and not expect to face the consequences. I look at it like your a law enforcement officer, you deserve respect. Therefore I wouldn't give you a ticket or arrest you but look out for you.

Here is the problem these days, police officers aren't being shown the respect that they deserve. That's why people try us the way that they do and call and complain about us and even go as far as try and kill us. I'm on the same team-I'm a police officer-I will show respect for all law enforcement officers. Now don't get me wrong when I pull you over, I am going to walk up to your car and act firm with you. That's because I don't know who you are. Don't take that as "he's a 4 letter word!" I don't walk up to cars that I stop acting like a clown or someone that is "easy". When I get up to the car my senses take over- I dont know if its scent or just intuition about the stop, any other of my 5 senses. But I know right away how things are going to turn out. So if I walk up firm don't get firm with me, just understand that's just my front. Bottom line is people don't show police officers respect, police officers aren't showing police officers respect. And police officers don't know how to act around other police officers. Take 20 seconds and introduce yourself whenever interacting with another police officer. Even if you deal with the same police officer on a daily basis, shake hands with him or her and tell them your name again. People forget. Make friends. You don't have to hang out with them outside of work unless you want to.

State Trooper

P.s. I have stopped State Troopers, Pasco Deputies, Tampa Police, Pinellas County, Clearwater police, TIA police, Hernando Deputies, FBI, NJ cops, NY Cops, NYPD, Hillsborough deputies, Brooksville police, Plant City, Dade City, FDLE, St Pete cops,Boarder Patrol, Customs and they have never gotten a ticket from me.

I have been on 25 year's, write about 35 tickets a week and have never stopped that many police officer's, from all these agencies. You sure have a list and have named just about every agency in the bay area. Which on do you work for?

05-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I work in troop C. I have stopped plenty of movie stars, pro golf, pro football, pro tennis, pro hockey. You get them all in the Tampa area.

:P

05-16-2008, 01:24 AM
I have been pulled over by the FHP in my area twice,once in a p.o.v. and once in my mark unit. when I was in my p.o.v. i got pulled for a headlight out. I didn't throw a badge at him cause I really don't like getting one thrown on me(firemen are the worst). The trooper recognized my name and simply told me to get it fixed. I baught him a cup of coffee two days later. Thats the way it should be. When I was in my marked unit,it was about 3 in the mourning on a back county road, I was responding to a night hunting case in progress.I was running about 80 to 85 when the trooper pulled in behind me,gotta to give it to him,I never saw him. I had the county radio on so I knew it was not a deputy. I turned my Blue lights on to let who ever it was know that I was law enforcement. Did not matter, he stayed behind me. So I pulled over and got out of the truck. He asked me where I was going and where the fire was. I told him what I was going too and he told me that he did not think it was a good enough reason to run that fast. I got to admitt I did star to show my a##. we parted company a short time later. He was younger. but it made me think. This is what ALL the law enforcement agency are starting to do ,even us. I think its sad. We all need to look out for each other. It's a proven fact that no one else will

05-16-2008, 01:31 AM
When I was in my marked unit,it was about 3 in the mourning on a back county road, I was responding to a night hunting case in progress.I was running about 80 to 85 when the trooper pulled in behind me

Why did you stop? I'd would have figured, "that's nice, the trooper is coming to back me up".

05-16-2008, 01:34 AM
the way these guys act anymore,I was taking a chance on a fleeing and elueding charge

05-16-2008, 01:46 AM
the way these guys act anymore,I was taking a chance on a fleeing and elueding charge

Good point :shock:

05-16-2008, 02:03 AM
We've got ****heads in all agencies. That's a fact! It does not matter to me though. You want to know why? Because regardless of whether or not I have had a negative past with that officer or agency I am still go to back them up whenever they need it.

I've had good and bad interactions with troopers. I even got a ticket from one for 8 over on I-10. Here's another story though. I also have had numorous troopers ease in behind my patrol truck or stand off across the street when I have had someone 10-50. It's one hell of a comfortable feeling considering the areas we normally work. We can all talk shit on a website, out there the color of a uniform has never mattered.

05-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Anyone tries to stop me while im in a marked unit is going to jail for RWOV.

05-16-2008, 01:48 PM

Fleeing&eluding? You are on duty responding to a call,what are you afraid of? The trooper would have been my back up if he'd went all the way to my call!

05-16-2008, 02:35 PM
that "I got pulled over in a marked unti" is TOTAL B . S .

no freaking way.. stop stirring the pot

Even the dumbest LEO's i know would never attempt such a thing.

"Where are you headed, WHERE is the fire"

LOL ROFLMAO riiiiiight

05-16-2008, 04:29 PM

LOL ROFLMAO riiiiiight

BS. Documented case in Hillsborough awhile back of a Trooper stopping 2 S.O. detectives enroute to a bank robbery. Trooper got collared, but the charges were dropped.

05-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Guest wrote;

When I was in my marked unit,it was about 3 in the mourning on a back county road, I was responding to a night hunting case in progress.I was running about 80 to 85 when the trooper pulled in behind me,gotta to give it to him,I never saw him. I had the county radio on so I knew it was not a deputy. I turned my Blue lights on to let who ever it was know that I was law enforcement. Did not matter, he stayed behind me. So I pulled over and got out of the truck. He asked me where I was going and where the fire was. I told him what I was going too and he told me that he did not think it was a good enough reason to run that fast. I got to admitt I did star to show my a##. we parted company a short time later.

So to review, You were violating state law and FWC policy while responding to a critter complaint. During this time you were observed and stopped by a concerned Trooper who, despite learning of your status of a Law Enforcement Officer, gave you a hard time, prompting you to give him a hard time??

Seeing as how FWC and FHP dispatch are in the same room, a simple radio call by either of you would have solved this problem without you ever having to stop.

That you were violating traffic laws and FWC policy could have been dealt with later.

05-16-2008, 07:49 PM
So to review, You were violating state law and FWC policy while responding to a critter complaint. During this time you were observed and stopped by a concerned Trooper who, despite learning of your status of a Law Enforcement Officer, gave you a hard time, prompting you to give him a hard time??

Seeing as how FWC and FHP dispatch are in the same room, a simple radio call by either of you would have solved this problem without you ever having to stop.

That you were violating traffic laws and FWC policy could have been dealt with later.

F off douche bag.

05-16-2008, 07:55 PM

State Trooper

WELL AT LEAST I KNOW YOUR DEFINETLY NOT SGT GLOVER

05-16-2008, 08:54 PM

LOL ROFLMAO riiiiiight

BS. Documented case in Hillsborough awhile back of a Trooper stopping 2 S.O. detectives enroute to a bank robbery. Trooper got collared, but the charges were dropped.

Bull Sh-t. I like how some come on here and lie there arse off.

05-16-2008, 09:05 PM
There are so many documented cases of non LEO people that get vehicles similar to the ones we drive and pretend to be officers. It doesn’t hurt to check and see if the person you see violating the law is a real officer, but once they confirm is a real officer the only question that should be asked of the other officer is do you need some back up on your call your going to. If you’re an officer going to a call proceed to your call and I’ll follow you to it and back you up (help anyway possible). We should all try and help each other out. We are all on the same team, we just play different positions.

05-17-2008, 03:09 AM
So I wrote;

"So to review, You were violating state law and FWC policy while responding to a critter complaint..."

To which a response was made;

"F off douche bag."

Let's have some fun with FWC G.O.s....

From FWC General Order 03, Pursuits and Emergency Response;

RESPONSE TO CALLS
Members responding to calls for service NOT requiring an emergency response SHALL obey all traffic and vessel laws including applicable SPEED limits.

Sworn members shall NOT respond to RESOURCE violations in an emergency response mode.

In case you missed that one;

Sworn members shall NOT respond to RESOURCE violations in an emergency response mode.

Speed should not exceed 15 MPH over the posted speed limit unless circumstances exist that would provide for the safe operation of the patrol unit at higher speeds and the gravity of the situation so warrants.

In no event shall a sworn member operate an emergency conveyance contrary to the traffic laws of this state UNLESS emergency lights and siren are activated.

From FWC General Order 33, Operation of Divsion Equipment.

Except as specifically authorized in this General Order, vehicles, watercraft and aircraft SHALL be operated in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.

Looks like you only violated 4 G.O.s for a night hunting complaint.... Who's the douche bag now??

05-17-2008, 03:48 AM
You why don't you call IA. I'm sure you have the # rat *******.

05-17-2008, 10:06 AM
So I wrote;

"So to review, You were violating state law and FWC policy while responding to a critter complaint..."

To which a response was made;

"F off douche bag."

Let's have some fun with FWC G.O.s....

From FWC General Order 03, Pursuits and Emergency Response;He didnt say he was FWC, arent there any cities that drive trucks and would respond to a hunting call?

RESPONSE TO CALLS
Members responding to calls for service NOT requiring an emergency response SHALL obey all traffic and vessel laws including applicable SPEED limits.

In case you missed that one;

Speed should not exceed 15 MPH over the posted speed limit unless circumstances exist that would provide for the safe operation of the patrol unit at higher speeds and the gravity of the situation so warrants.

In no event shall a sworn member operate an emergency conveyance contrary to the traffic laws of this state UNLESS emergency lights and siren are activated.

From FWC General Order 33, Operation of Divsion Equipment.

Except as specifically authorized in this General Order, vehicles, watercraft and aircraft SHALL be operated in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.

Looks like you only violated 4 G.O.s for a night hunting complaint.... Who's the douche bag now??

05-17-2008, 10:26 AM
If I can't speed going to a call then when am I suppose to do when I'm late for coffee.

mod 511
05-17-2008, 01:45 PM
This post isn't going to turn into FWC against FHP or FHP against FWC. LEOAFFAIRS.COM isn't a place to bash an agency, call another officer a douche bag or let them know what policy is. Those that work for FHP know what a POF (Performance Observation Form) is. LEOAFFAIRS isn't for posting constructive POF's against any particular officer or agency.

If anyone has any questions I would like for them to contact me or one of the other Mods.

Thank you,

MOD511

Email: Mod511@leoaffairs.com

05-17-2008, 01:56 PM
This post isn't going to turn into FWC against FHP or FHP against FWC. LEOAFFAIRS.COM isn't a place to bash an agency, call another officer a douche bag or let them know what policy is. Those that work for FHP know what a POF (Performance Observation Form) is. LEOAFFAIRS isn't for posting constructive POF's against any particular officer or agency.

If anyone has any questions I would like for them to contact me or one of the other Mods.

Thank you,

MOD511

Email: Mod511@leoaffairs.com

Thank you MOD511 and welcome onboard. The bashing of agencies and officers only creates hard feelings and many times it is not even a LEO making the comments.

I'm glad to see that LEO Affairs is tightening up on this.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi

05-17-2008, 11:36 PM

LOL ROFLMAO riiiiiight

Bull Sh-t. I like how some come on here and lie there arse off.

And don't forget about JP out of Tampa. J. Linguini pulled a marked TPD unit running x18 to assist with hostage negotiations for HCSO. Asked TPD why he was running x18 because was out of his jurisdiction.
TPD thought he blew a tire or other issues.

Don't believe it :?: Go straight to the source and ask him, or most of the T-town Staff.

05-18-2008, 02:18 PM
And don't forget about JP out of Tampa. J. Linguini pulled a marked TPD unit running x18 to assist with hostage negotiations for HCSO. Asked TPD why he was running x18 because was out of his jurisdiction. TPD thought he blew a tire or other issues.
Don't believe it ? Go straight to the source and ask him, or most of the T-town Staff.

That was so five years ago... Come on!