PDA

View Full Version : Oral Board Q

05-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Everyone,

I have an oral board next week with FLPD. Can anyone tell me what the appropriate dress is? Suite & tie I am assuming?

Also, can anyone offer any tips? What's the format like?

Thanks.

05-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Suit and Tie......tell the truth.....stop trying to get the answers to the test ahead of time....but you might want to learn something about the city and the department so it looks like you are interested and not a total loser.

05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Wear a pink suit and sashe' into the room with a limp wrist, then talk with your best lisp. Your a sure hire then.

05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Also, can anyone offer any tips?
Thanks.

Biker shorts with a sock in it will impress the female sergeant. Make sure that you tell them how much you like long walks on the beach and horseback riding. If you don’t get hire with these tips, then I guess they are actually enforcing standards now.

05-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I have gold teeth and dreds. Would that be a detriment??

05-14-2008, 11:55 PM
no a "grill" shows detail to your appearance and that you are a sharp dresser.

05-15-2008, 04:52 AM
know a little something about the city, like the mayors name, the diversity of the communities, approx size of the city (beach, middle class, low inbome business etc) wear a suit and tie
Hey Everyone,

I have an oral board next week with FLPD. Can anyone tell me what the appropriate dress is? Suite & tie I am assuming?

Also, can anyone offer any tips? What's the format like?

Thanks.

05-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Make sure you know that David Hebert is the CHIEF and that you heard he has worked wonders turning around the PD. You will score HUGE points on the Oral.

05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I won't get a real response here, will I?

05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Come on man, are you kidding? How is it possible that you are interested in this line of work and you want to know what to wear. Yes , a suit and tie, maintain eye contact, be confident. Btw dont go for detective.