PDA

View Full Version : To the Troopers of Pinellas

05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
I have no clue what is eating you guys (most of you anyway). But you guys are total pricks. You complain about working crashes and god forbid you EVER direct traffic for yourselves. You never answer our patrol channels, but man youre on them in a heartbeat if you drive up on anything requiring actual police work other than a crash. Last I checked you have arrest powers too, they dont just lend themselves to tickets and crashes. And when we do direct traffic for two hours in sweltering heat at least have the common courtesy to say thanks. You guys keep it up and you will soon see the same treatment here that troopers get in Pasco, no help at all. And before you fire back that we can work crashes too, we do, but statute says youre supposd to and you cant even do that. You are a waste of tax payer dollars in our county and I wouldnt miss you.

05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I have no clue what is eating you guys (most of you anyway). But you guys are total pricks. You complain about working crashes and god forbid you EVER direct traffic for yourselves. You never answer our patrol channels, but man youre on them in a heartbeat if you drive up on anything requiring actual police work other than a crash. Last I checked you have arrest powers too, they dont just lend themselves to tickets and crashes. And when we do direct traffic for two hours in sweltering heat at least have the common courtesy to say thanks. You guys keep it up and you will soon see the same treatment here that troopers get in Pasco, no help at all. And before you fire back that we can work crashes too, we do, but statute says youre supposd to and you cant even do that. You are a waste of tax payer dollars in our county and I wouldnt miss you.

"youre"
"dont"
"supposd"
"cant"
"wouldnt"

My response:

apostrophe:
the sign ('), as used: to indicate the omission of one or more letters in a word, whether unpronounced, as in o'er for over, or pronounced, as in gov't for government; to indicate the possessive case, as in man's; or to indicate plurals of abbreviations and symbols, as in several M.D.'s, 3's.

Dear Pinellas Troopers:

Please teach complainers like this how to use apostrophes. Thanks!

Also: To Pinellas Complainer:

Thanks for directing traffic at their scenes. I don't work over there, but I always thank my deputies, city police, PSA's, Fire Police, or whatever it may be who stand in traffic directing traffic. It doesn't take much to say thanks...that's my logic.

05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Step into their shoes for 1 month and I promise you would act the same way. Many troopers are very upset by this job and it is hard to put on a smile. I always try to be extremely nice to the deputies/city cops, but some days it is really difficult to put on a fake face.

05-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Direct the traffic or work the wreck - your call deputy!

05-14-2008, 03:53 AM
The Sheriffs Office helps me all the time. I do not know what that guy is talking about. If he means we work all the crash well then he is right but they help out sometimes.

05-14-2008, 03:54 AM
someone just trying to stir up problems prob not even a deputy

05-14-2008, 04:05 AM
Yep, you work for the Cry baby and see if you have any better attitude?

05-14-2008, 06:58 PM
It's sad but the deputy is right. I constantly hear constant complaining from our own people about working crashes, ie: why can't the SO work it, I can't believe I had to drive 30 miles to that chicken shit crash with 3 Deputies waiting on me and I told them to get the hell of my scene, I don't need their help etc... The sad part is the guys around here don't work that many crashes but they still complain.
News Flash boys and girls, thats one of the reasons we were created!!!!!

05-14-2008, 07:29 PM
It's sad but the deputy is right. I constantly hear constant complaining from our own people about working crashes, ie: why can't the SO work it, I can't believe I had to drive 30 miles to that chicken shizzat crash with 3 Deputies waiting on me and I told them to get the hell of my scene, I don't need their help etc... The sad part is the guys around here don't work that many crashes but they still complain.
News Flash boys and girls, thats one of the reasons we were created!!!!!
This is sad but true! I cant belive the people that complian about have to work somthing that is our JOB.
The SO works the stuff we dont have to. I love crashes thats what im good at and HIGHLY trained to do. Those of you who are going to jump on me and talk about trianing, dont even start. The patrol will send you to more and more advanced training all you have to do is ask about it.
I have never been denied a class that I asked about as long as there is room in the class.
people, crashes is what we do and the other stuff is what the SO dose. Up north we handle EVERY crash no matter the severity nor matter the Roadway!
If you dont like crashes pelase, please, Leave! So you dont give us all a bad name.

05-15-2008, 03:10 AM
I believe the Pinellas Deputy is speaking the truth. Although I do not work Pinellas I do work with some lazy , rude , and inconsiderate Troopers. I pride myself on getting to my crashes quickly , talking w/ the deputies , backing up the deputies , and handling ANYTHING that I come into contact with(battery , theft , agg assault etc etc). Anything less is a failure to perform my duties as a State Trooper !

05-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Keep in mind that there was, and is, no "vast right wing conspiracy" to paint Troopers statewide as .....disgruntled. The reputation, statewide was brought about by the troopers attitudes, not other LEO's.

Only you the troopers can change the perception. Personally, I'll give each individual trooper a chance, and never hesitate to check to see if they need a hand. But too often, the old FHP attitude comes shining through, and I move on.

So, be nice, even though the 28 day cycle sucks, no step-plan, insurance is going up etc etc. Try to change the perception because...perception is raelity :roll:

05-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Reality....Jeez don't shoot me it's just a typo

05-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Trooper's attitude will not change until they get a competitive wage. FHP's reputation will not improve until the trooper's are respected and are fairly compensated. If it takes 30 year's to get these issues resolved, I guess you will have unhappy trooper's for 30 year's. Nothing will change. Trooper's will leave for other agencies and the ones that stay will complain until they finally leave as well. Once gone they will continue to bad mouth FHP while employed by another agency. FHP has already seen it's best days. A new generation of trooper's is here and the old way of doing things is gone forever. The new trooper's demand to be respected, treated fairly and to be fairly compensated for what they do. There will be no compromise, just a swinging door at FHP. Drinking an extra glass of FHP's Kool-Aid is not going to fix the problem or mitigate the damage already done. These are just the unsweetened cold hard facts.

05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Up here in Orange, we have a bunch of great troopers and a few slugs.

We generally don't babysit wrecks, unless there is a huge obstruction that the FD can't move (We don't get dispatched to wrecks).

If a Trooper shows up, barks out his/her window about what they need blocked, and then drives on, then we leave.

If a Trooper shows up and asks if we can help him/her out for a bit, provided we don't have anything pressing holding, then we'll stay as long as needed.

Its all in the attitude. I've directed traffic on FHP THI's for hours, and i've taken it 10-8 from THI's leaving the road wide open and body parts strewn around.

We are all busy and shortstaffed. Im not required to help a Trooper direct traffic, just like Troopers aren't required to sit on an Armed Robbery perimeter for me.

Show up with a chip on your shoulder and an attitude, and your on your own. Ask for help and you shall receive.

05-16-2008, 12:24 PM

We generally don't babysit wrecks, unless there is a huge obstruction that the FD can't move (We don't get dispatched to wrecks).

If a Trooper shows up, barks out his/her window about what they need blocked, and then drives on, then we leave.

If a Trooper shows up and asks if we can help him/her out for a bit, provided we don't have anything pressing holding, then we'll stay as long as needed.

Its all in the attitude. I've directed traffic on FHP THI's for hours, and i've taken it 10-8 from THI's leaving the road wide open and body parts strewn around.

We are all busy and shortstaffed. Im not required to help a Trooper direct traffic, just like Troopers aren't required to sit on an Armed Robbery perimeter for me.

Show up with a chip on your shoulder and an attitude, and your on your own. Ask for help and you shall receive.

The trooper's anger is directed toward FHP and not other law enforcement agencies or officer's.

05-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Sounds fair to me Deputy. Thanks for your help.

ps. I am embar by the Troopers who "bark out orders"