PDA

View Full Version : Motors Getting Boned

05-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Once again, motors has to work the road when days is short. Your really doing alot for the unit TS.

05-12-2008, 08:55 PM
No offense to Motors, you guys are getting boned too, but the guys who are getting screwed the worst (as usual) are the road guys. How much OT are we all losing out on by having the Motors guys fill in on the road?

Say goodbye to OT on the road, now that Motors will be working with us 5 days a week.

05-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Is that grievable if the other shifts are receiving a benefit that were not?

05-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Whens the last time they pulled a body from CST, or Street Crimes, or VIN, or DB. I'm sick of gettin pulled every other month to cover the road. My brothers and sisters on the road are getting boned and so are we. I can bet our admin gets more traffic complaints than any other issue, but yet motors is always the first ones to get pulled. Motors generates more income for thie city in one day from writing tickets than what it cost to fill a 6 hr overtime slot on days. This place is a joke and thank god I'm almost gone.

05-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Same old, same old. Nothing has changed so what's new! Hey, lets go ahead and put everyone back in uniform !

05-12-2008, 10:59 PM
MOTORS IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN A WASTED UNIT AT NMB. THEY WRITE 5 TICKETS A DAY THEN TAKE AN A 11 THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY, NEVER SEEM AVAILABLE TO DIRECT TRAFFIC WHEN NEEDED AND GOD FORBID THEY SHOULD HAVE TO HANDLE MINOR 17'S.

05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Sunny Isles Beach-49 sworn-6 MOTORMEN
North Miami Beach-109 sworn-2 MOTORMEN

YOU GUYS MUST BE EMBARRASED WORKING MULTI JURISTICTIONAL TRAFFIC DETAILS!!!!!!!!

Maybe if you were an actual traffic unit (handle 17's, 18's, 20's, traffic control) then maybe you would get more people sticking up for you.

05-12-2008, 11:32 PM

YOU GUYS MUST BE EMBARRASED WORKING MULTI JURISTICTIONAL TRAFFIC DETAILS!!!!!!!!

Maybe if you were an actual traffic unit (handle 17's, 18's, 20's, traffic control) then maybe you would get more people sticking up for you.

You are 100% Correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't blame the motormen, I blame the administrators. They want a full time unit out of part time employees. If they would just allocate the personal to conduct full time responsibilities then they would get full time work. Asking 2 motormen to write alot of tickets, handle 17's, 18's, 20's, and traffic control is not reasonable. Thats like having 2 Detectives working all the 26's, 29's, and 32's. It just ain't gonna happen. This city has never been traffic oriented and never will have a respected traffic unit. Surrounding jurisdictions have surpassed us in this area. For instance, when is the last time our department purchased a radar unit. Not in the 7 years I've been here.

05-13-2008, 02:02 AM
THIS USED TO BE A TRAFFIC ORIENTED DEPT. SABATINO HAD THAT UNIT LOOKING GOOD AND TAKING CARE OF TRAFFIC,TRAINING ECT. BUT THEN AGAIN HE HAD BALLS.

05-13-2008, 10:37 AM
I think they should get rid of DB and let the county handle that. That would free up alot of bodies and would allow for more proactive units. Then street crimes, Cst, traffic, and gangs would have some kick a$$$ units

05-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I think they should get rid of DB and let the county handle that. That would free up alot of bodies and would allow for more proactive units. Then street crimes, Cst, traffic, and gangs would have some kick a$$$ units
i dont think records can keep up with all the traffic pta a-forms if that happened....you are an idiot.

05-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Lets see, I want to be in motors with my shiny uniform, boots, and gun belt. But I do not want to write accident reports, handle 18's, handle THI's,.. I only want to write tickets and ride on my motor.. or if it is cold and rainy a car ! And dont forget, I only want to work during daylight hours and weekdays! Disban MOTORS and assign them back to the road on each shift. Assign them to handle what is needed.. PERIOD!

05-13-2008, 02:47 PM
"hey how do i look, bro!!!!!! i look good right. bro, i'm the best bro.....whats up.....why you looking at me like that.........bro, look at me on the motor...."

"Bro, john needs to lose weight...he doesnt look good like me"

"AAAAAAAAA, flip is out of control writing 20 tickets a day......who does he think he is....bro, im the superviosr and i say how many tickets to write......5 to 10 bro tickets only..........bro because then they expect you to write more............bro, flip looks terrible in uniform"

"Bro, I got c-los and aldo telling they want motors................no way .......tyrell is going to motors........."

"Bro.......pons now is filing a grievance because traffic is working the road......bro this guy as big balls to do that but my balls are bigger.......bro the chief told me hes going to traffic because hes the pension guy.......Bro, pons is stupid.......you see how i talk to the chief, i got big balls....bro, bro no body is like me"

I"M THE BEST
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Traffic Unit? We don't have a traffic unit!!! We have a ticket writing unit!!!! Traffic units handle 17's, 18's, & 20's. I love you guyz but this agency is far from having a traffic unit. Maybe one day I can go back.

05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
How do you expect a two-man Motors unit to handle 17's, 18's, 20's and write tickets?

Motors is supposed to be hammering the violators to get them to slow down, hopefully reducing traffic crashes. If you expect two guys to write all of those 17 and 18 reports, then call them what they really are...PSA's with guns and motorcycles.

Days and Noons should each have two PSA's, not only one, and the Road should have enough officers to fill all of the available slots. It is embarrassing that we can't even manage to maintain a two-man Motors unit in this city, but like someone else said, this city has never given a crap about traffic safety or traffic enforcement. Sadly for us, we have a weak chief who is only interested in sucking city hall's ace by cutting all of the positions that he can in order to save a buck or two.

05-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Click it or Ticket starts in a few days, and instead of writing hundreds of tickets for seat belt violations--like North Miami--we have our 2 Motormen riding a zone writing reports on runaway Haitian rugrats. Our department is Mickey Mouse, bro!

And since Motors is back on the road, who in the hell is TS supervising?

05-13-2008, 11:17 PM
TS is better off supervising himself. They should not be handeling reports calls (17's, 18's) if there only a 2 man motor unit. This departement has always put traffic last, although it generates more $$$ for the city than any other unit, taking away forfeitures (not a sure thing). If the department had a kick a$$ traffic squad, this city would rank in the $$$$$. But what administrator you know has the common sense to know that?

05-14-2008, 03:30 AM
Now that the two motor guys are covering the road when they are short does this mean that TS will cover the Sgt. Position when they call out??????

05-14-2008, 03:42 AM
I suggest we get rid of all task forces, DB, Crime Scene, PSA's, VIN, & CST units. We should by everyone nice shiney radar units with our names engraved on them & focus all enforcement on drivers doing over 30 on 19 ave.

Look fella's bottom line is that you are the LAST Priority in this agency. Right or Wrong it is what it is. All your cry's are heard but not listened to. I was just kidding about the top statement it was written for a particular jackA$$ that posted earlier. (IDIOT!!!)

05-15-2008, 12:23 PM

don't worry guyz, you use to work multi juristictional traffic details, give him some time, if he does what he did while in VIN (piss other agencies off), no agency will want to work with NMB.

05-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I've only been here for a little over a year and after talking to people from my academy class who are with other agencies, this place really sucks. I'm County bound and wish you all a happy career at N.M.B. Which should stand for.

No
Management
Balls

I should be a SGT or LT in a specialized unit within the next 5-6 years without having to be a kiss a-- or nutless. So Bon-Voyage ! Good luck with your 43 El-Heffe.

05-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I hate to say it, but our new chief is absolutely clueless.

We don't even have enough officers to meet the minimum staffing requirements, and yet our chief is ordering a hiring freeze?

We have to cannibalize Motors in order to staff the road, morale around the agency is at an all-time low, rookies are threatening to bail and go elsewhere, we have an alleged one million dollar budget shortfall and yet our chief is perpetually busy sending ridiculously stupid e-mails on his blackberry, outlawing goatees and cleaning bathrooms like an obssessive-compulsive, anally-retentive ferret???

Goatees? Chief, are you freaking serious??? Goatees? If we rated this agency's problems on a list, from most serious to least, goatees wouldn't make even the top 500. Goatees rate somewhere between excessive naval lint and static cling in terms of being a problem that we seriously need to deal with, and the same goes for calea pins and air fresheners in cars. In case you haven't noticed, chief, we need to hire more officers and we need to do all that we can to hold onto the ones that are thinking of leaving us.

We don't even have enough officers to patrol the streets or to keep the public safe, and rather than hire more officers you have instead decided that it would be best to order your police officers to ignore burglars, car thieves and robbers and instead focus on finding and identifying law abiding citizens by conducting amazingly stupid "community contacts". Wow...now that is pure genius! :roll:

Don't worry about crime, chief. Don't worry about the piss poor morale, chief. Don't worry about staffing issues, chief. Don't worry about anything that really matters, chief, just get rid of those damn goatees and clean those bathrooms!!! It is only too bad that Gomer did not the get the job that many of us, including me, felt that he deserved. He must be laughing his skinny ass off right about now!!!!

05-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Whether older and bald, leopards don't change their spots! As a part of his attempt to "professionalize" your department, has he hung his photograph over entrance and exit doors around the station?

05-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I've only been here for a little over a year and after talking to people from my academy class who are with other agencies, this place really sucks. I'm County bound and wish you all a happy career at N.M.B. Which should stand for.

No
Management
Balls

I should be a SGT or LT in a specialized unit within the next 5-6 years without having to be a kiss a-- or nutless. So Bon-Voyage ! Good luck with your 43 El-Heffe.

Ok ofc. marin dont get the Ben Anderson syndrome.

05-16-2008, 12:55 AM
And the rest of us who were once part of NMB are laughing as we told you so! If crime was a priority, all units would be assigned to the road even temp, we would all be kicking butt and taking names with the Chief leading the charge!

05-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I hate to say it, but our new chief is absolutely clueless.

We don't even have enough officers to meet the minimum staffing requirements, and yet our chief is ordering a hiring freeze?

We have to cannibalize Motors in order to staff the road, morale around the agency is at an all-time low, rookies are threatening to bail and go elsewhere, we have an alleged one million dollar budget shortfall and yet our chief is perpetually busy sending ridiculously stupid e-mails on his blackberry, outlawing goatees and cleaning bathrooms like an obssessive-compulsive, anally-retentive ferret???

Goatees? Chief, are you freaking serious??? Goatees? If we rated this agency's problems on a list, from most serious to least, goatees wouldn't make even the top 500. Goatees rate somewhere between excessive naval lint and static cling in terms of being a problem that we seriously need to deal with, and the same goes for calea pins and air fresheners in cars. In case you haven't noticed, chief, we need to hire more officers and we need to do all that we can to hold onto the ones that are thinking of leaving us.

We don't even have enough officers to patrol the streets or to keep the public safe, and rather than hire more officers you have instead decided that it would be best to order your police officers to ignore burglars, car thieves and robbers and instead focus on finding and identifying law abiding citizens by conducting amazingly stupid "community contacts". Wow...now that is pure genius! :roll:

Don't worry about crime, chief. Don't worry about the piss poor morale, chief. Don't worry about staffing issues, chief. Don't worry about anything that really matters, chief, just get rid of those darn goatees and clean those bathrooms!!! It is only too bad that Gomer did not the get the job that many of us, including me, felt that he deserved. He must be laughing his skinny ass off right about now!!!!

sad truth, first off we do have enough officers to meet minimum staffing to patrol the streets, but when someone calls out sick and there are others off already, guess what....it causes ot. this is nothing new, this has been going on for years, long before old ralph came around. as far as goatees, maybe if some of you didnt look like shaggy from scooby doo we could still keep them. also, its not that we are short staffed, its the piss poor management of personnel that has you flustered. some of you cry that we are too busy and that we need more officers on the road but you were probably one of those rookies calling your sgt right when you got off fto demanding to go home on your friday thus shorting the road. you want a $hit load of officers on the road? becareful what you ask for because you just might get it....at a cost. i say we do a vote of no confidence on the chief and make sure we point out the key issues for it...
1. he wants to take away the goatees (most important issue)
2. he is a neat freak and wants the gym and bathroom clean
3.he made us depersonalize our city issued cars by taking off stickers, license plates and air fresheners
4.he brought in prisoners to clean the station
5.he keeps sending stupid emails from his balckberry telling us to stay safe while using some stupid a$$ words

now if we can get him on a vote because he has no personality and is a poor manager than we got him for sure. now our pension does suck compared to other agencies but we were the ones that voted in or out key issues like off duty included or a higher multiplier so who do we have to blame for that? oh wait lets blame the ones that retired on the window...those *******s, i cant believe they took that deal, they should have stayed like carl coffey??????

times r tuff right now but keep things in perspective. our administration sucks and the streets are dangerous. watch each others backs instead of stabbing them in it. lets make smart decisions on pension issues like health insurance after retirement or focus on getting a decent contract. dont let these idiots tear us down, these bs issues will pass, they always do.

05-19-2008, 08:55 PM
sad truth, first off we do have enough officers to meet minimum staffing to patrol the streets, but when someone calls out sick and there are others off already, guess what....it causes ot.

Goat,

First of all, people call out sick. This is an inevitable fact, you idiot. We need to have enough officers to account for these inevitable absences. That, or we need to be prepared to pay OT to fill them. It is indeed poor planning to have just enough officers to cover the bare minimum and then cross your fingers and pray for a perfect outcome that you know will never come. Only in your non-existent Utopia does no one ever call out sick. I see that you are as stupid as he.

And if some of the officers, in your misguided opinion, fail to properly maintain their goatees then why not deal with those officers individually rather than enact a policy that addresses the entire department in wholesale fashion? I know that it is the NMB way to punish everyone for the sins of only a small few, like dumbassed Friedman did a few years back when he saw one cop speeding and made the entire department get huge numbers on the back of their cars, and you seem to be cut from the same embarrassing cloth. You must be a captain or above!

And even if some of the officers maintain their goatees poorly, we have a lot more pressing issues to deal with. Don't you agree? Of course not, you are another moron lackey who can't see the forrest for the trees.

Your trivialization of the chief's stupid and feckless agenda is about the only semi-smart thing that you said. We have a ton of serious issues that need fixing, and our fearless leader is only focusing on the pointless minutiae. We need a chief who knows how to be his own man and make decisions based on our agenda and not city hall's, and someone needs to call him on his poor management.

05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
As usual , grow up and deal with it ! Many reasons you will never understand as NMBPD Cops have been spoiled in the past and about time someone is taking charge. The beards, shorts, and all different uniforms looked like crap for years! We are suppose to be in a para military organization, not a country club like in years past! The cars, everyone had there own theme going on. Uniforms we must have had 4 different ones. If you dont like it LEAVE ! Stop blaming everyone but yourself! Its idiots like us that bring are own demiss !

05-19-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't care if we have to eliminate all of the specialized units and put them back on the road to protect the streets, that is no big deal. I say we should get rid of DB, VIN, Street Crimes and Gangs and put them all back on the road with Motors. That sounds great to me!

And I think that uniforms and goatees are more important than having enough officers to protect the streets, because I am just as stupid as the new chief that we hired. I think that we have become too spoiled and too accustomed to having enough officers, and it is about time for us to get used to working without the necessary manpower to safely patrol the city.

I have a brilliant suggestion---let's reduce the minimum staffing requirements and start to work the streets with only four road patrol cops instead of seven or eight. Yeah, that would serve us right!

I love you, Ralph. :D

05-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I predict 5-8's are coming to "help us out" with manpwer.
LF did the study a while ago and they increased manpower by atleast 25%.

So your dreams of getting more bodies may just come true. :shock:

05-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Should have been done a long time ago ref manpower, but others didnt want to make the children mad! Another solution 12 hr shifts would increase manpower with even more overall time off! If a specialty unit isnt producing, back to the road !

05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
mids leo 2 you are an idiot. all thy had to do was hire some bodies we were already budgeted for and we would be fine. your post sounds just like friedman or one of his associates. hey bubba...got the hot tub fired up?

05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
As I enjoy my upcoming month off, I will be thinking about all you rooks working and BSing! Flights North to Tenn/ NC are real cheap ! See ya ! Doesnt really matter, I have more time than GD !

05-21-2008, 12:01 AM
mids leo 2 you are an idiot. all thy had to do was hire some bodies we were already budgeted for and we would be fine. your post sounds just like friedman or one of his associates. hey bubba...got the hot tub fired up?

im sure those 3 spots that are not going to get filled are gonna make a huge difference in manpower. All that is going to do is create 3 extra slots for us to comp with.
5-8's are coming gentelman...

05-21-2008, 12:02 AM

im sure those 3 spots that are not going to get filled are gonna make a huge difference in manpower. All that is going to do is create 3 extra slots for us to comp with.
5-8's are coming gentelman...

05-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Man...for a while your department was 'the place to be'. Now look at you!!

Kinda funny though. Welcome to the crapola that we have been dealing with forever in our agencies.

Now that some of u cant talk crap about other places, what will u do?!?!?!? hahahahaha :snicker: :devil: :devil: :devil: :snicker:

05-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Why don't you guys stop "predicting" negative futures? You only give them more idea's and make it look like you dont care.

05-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I can honesty say I don't care. I'm here to collect a paycheck. This career isn't about protecting and serving the public, it's about protecting your assss from the public and the admin who will hang u on a decision you make which they feel wasn't right.

05-28-2008, 02:48 AM
THIS USED TO BE A TRAFFIC ORIENTED DEPT. SABATINO HAD THAT UNIT LOOKING GOOD AND TAKING CARE OF TRAFFIC,TRAINING ECT. BUT THEN AGAIN HE HAD BALLS.

Plus I stole alot of stuff from around the station and porked Linda like Gomez :devil: