PDA

View Full Version : KICKBALL LEAGUE

05-12-2008, 08:17 PM
To all LPD officers, family and friends,

I am looking to put together a coed team to take part in the Tampa Bay Club Sports annual Kickball League. Thats right, I'm talking about kickin it old school with the big red ball and everything that comes with it! Many of my friends have played in this league and it is a blast! So if any of you are interested in getting together to have some fun and kick some...balls...get with me. Here is the info;

The league starts June 30th and the deadline to register is June 23rd.

Games are played on Monday nights from 6:30-9:30 at Ross Norton Park in Clearwater.

There are typically 7 regular games (though this may change) and a tournament style playoff which every team takes part in.

Every game is played on a lighted field with two umps.

Since this is a coed league, a team requires a minimum of 7 males and 7 females to be registered and each team plays with 10 (5 male/5 female)

Practice is not included in schedule so it would be up to the team if and when to practice.

Price-- Cost is $55 per person ($45 if you are a member of TBCS) and includes all games, team shirts, playoff tournament, prizes for championship team and FREE DRINKS at an after season party hosted by TBCS.

Obviously, the upcomming bid will determin who is available to take part in this league (myself included). So I will not be looking to register a team until after the bid has been completed. However, feel free to get with me or email me if you are interested and I can put your name on the list barring any schedule conflictions. I am inviting my wife to play and I invite any of your friends or family as well.

I will plan on putting out a PD email with this info as well (if deemed appropriate).

05-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to point out that this is not considered a very competitive league...which means that this is primarily for fun. You do not have to be an athlete or experienced kickball player (that would be wierd if you were) to take part in this. I literally have not played kickball since about 5th grade, so no high hopes here either.