PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch

05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know why DEP & FWC are not on the same Dispatch? To me, it is a no brainer, but again who am I. DEP & FWC are pretty much similar in most duties and for FHP to dispatch for DEP and not FWC is beyond me. Anyone know?

05-12-2008, 01:49 PM
It is weird and does not make any sense. We should be all on the same dispatch, and FHP does not dispatch for DEP. State Consolidated dispatch dispatches for DEP. I think you will see a merger of FWC's dispatch with the rest of us soon, at least hopefully. They are usually the only ones who know how to get to us or back us up in most weird places. No offense to the road guys, but it is hard for a crown vic to get in the water or the woods. I think they should be merged all together, that way we all know what each other is doing and can help each other out all the time, no matter what agency you work for.

05-12-2008, 11:38 PM
One question: When you call dispatch, they answer the phone as State Consolidated Dispatch? Or, is it FHP?

05-13-2008, 01:12 AM
It's, "Florida Highway Patrol."
Then when you ask for a park police or agriculture officer most of them tell you you have the wrong number.

05-14-2008, 12:30 PM
If FWC gets merged into the "State Consolidated Dispatch" there will be many complaints filed if the phones are still answered highway patrol. FWC brings in approx. 700 more LEO's with them. And, FWC treats their Dispatchers' well compared to fhp.

05-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I want to be a fly on the wall when "FHP's" Dispatchers get an owl, racoon in my house, alligator in my garage, snake in my toilet call. bet I would bust a gut on the look on the dispatcher's face. Priceless

05-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I want to be a fly on the wall when "FHP's" Dispatchers get an owl, racoon in my house, alligator in my garage, snake in my toilet call. bet I would bust a gut on the look on the dispatcher's face. Priceless

You want to have fun with the fhp dispatchers, call in a boating stop.

It is really interesting to hear the response, but that being said, I like our dispatchers, they do a great job, putting up with all the personalities.

05-16-2008, 12:31 PM
We do boating 10-50's all the time. No problem.
The dispatchers here do a better job than some of the old FMP ones used to.

05-22-2008, 10:20 AM
FHP does handle the radio calls for service for DEP. I have been a D.O. for both agencies FWC & FHP so I can spew out the same B.S. lines to those "racoon in my garage" and "I am driving across this bridge a 70 MPH and I see someone in a boat keeping undersize Snook". calls, just change a few words from my veh S12 call responses. "We'll keep an eye out for them mam/sir, thanks for calling"!

05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't think Duty Officers get paid enough either! I have assisted in the radio room a bunch of times (pre merger) Some of the calls that come in are pretty funny, I see a manatee on the beach, yes mam, and what floor is your condo on? 25th, but I know it's a manatee. Get to the beach and it's just a LARGE person in a one piece LOL But seriously, the DO's are our life line, they deal with a lot of BS, I have nothing but high praise for all of them, no matter what agency they work for. Answer the phone how you want, just make sure my back up gets to me in time. Thanks to all the DO's for what you do!!!!! :D [/b][/i][/u]

06-12-2008, 04:35 AM
It doesn't matter if it is a x50 or a raccoon or what ever, it is all the same, you take the who,what , where and then you send an officer, being a dispatcher is not brain surgery, I have done it for the state for 13 years,1st for fmp/dep and now for fhp/dep/sfm/fdle/ag/dot, so it is all the same, take the x43 and have an officer x51, if I can't get it in the cad I know how to force it enough to get a unit x51 :D

07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Our dispatchers do a great job,

You all are worth a lot more then you get paid, especially having to put up with all these personalities.

07-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Second that!