PDA

View Full Version : Blue/Red Lights

05-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Anyone know when they are going to retrofit the vehicle lights in the field to display Blue/ Red all the time? The ones coming out of Middleburg are already set up that way.

05-12-2008, 03:01 AM
being done as we speak or ahh type

05-12-2008, 04:10 AM
blue or bust!

05-12-2008, 04:40 AM
I cant afford to pay the rent so Im sure as hell not worried about my stupid lights.

05-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Anyone know when they are going to retrofit the vehicle lights in the field to display Blue/ Red all the time? The ones coming out of Middleburg are already set up that way.

I had to go up there for a vehicle repair and they did the retrofit while I was there. I guess if you drive up there, they will do it.

05-12-2008, 12:48 PM

It's funny how the lights were engineered by Jim Wells based on scientific evidence to improve officer safety, yet CZ is changing them now because some troopers don't like the colors. Wells worked for CZ when this was done (with CZ's blessing) but I guess it doesn't matter now, all CZ wants is to be popular! He doesn't know how to say no.

05-12-2008, 02:15 PM

It's funny how the lights were engineered by Jim Wells based on scientific evidence to improve officer safety, yet CZ is changing them now because some troopers don't like the colors. Wells worked for CZ when this was done (with CZ's blessing) but I guess it doesn't matter now, all CZ wants is to be popular! He doesn't know how to say no.

Actually, further studies that followed Wells' information led to the discovery of a depth perception issue when the lights are a constant color. Colonel Czernis is masking the change based on a committee review (all ranks of FHP) and additional studies. I don't believe the change was made to become popular!

05-12-2008, 03:53 PM

Actually, further studies that followed Wells' information led to the discovery of a depth perception issue when the lights are a constant color. Colonel Czernis is masking the change based on a committee review (all ranks of FHP) and additional studies. I don't believe the change was made to become popular!

agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-13-2008, 04:26 AM
bunch of whiny cry babies....many still have the old vector bar...idiots.

05-13-2008, 04:31 AM

He's old school. Im with him on this one, I dont like having red lights on anything other than a fire truck.

05-13-2008, 04:42 AM

where i'm located only the slugs have the vector bar lights. because they only drive 20k a year--to and from the office.

05-13-2008, 07:54 AM

where i'm located only the slugs have the vector bar lights. because they only drive 20k a year--to and from the office.

Central Florida still has many front line troopers with these old crap non-working POS light bars.

05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Maybe you would enjoy CIS's Dodge Charger with the green LED lightbars instead Mr. todays study says red is better than blue.

05-13-2008, 03:11 PM
They aren't switching any in Troop L(ast) that I have heard. All red sucks..........

05-13-2008, 03:12 PM

He's old school. Im with him on this one, I dont like having red lights on anything other than a fire truck.

me also

05-13-2008, 10:22 PM
They haven't changed them in Miami either.

05-15-2008, 03:35 AM
The whole stinkin lightbar should be on all the time.

05-15-2008, 03:37 AM
the slick tops are sweet

05-15-2008, 08:47 AM
If it's that big of a deal change it yourself. Before you ask do the research and figure it out.

05-15-2008, 01:57 PM
If it's that big of a deal change it yourself. Before you ask do the research and figure it out.

Post it up dude. I'll go tear into mine now...........

05-15-2008, 02:00 PM
This light bar is a joke with the lenses that won't stay on and turning yellow in six months if you don't wax it once a week. I don't get paid enough to work on this P.O.S. on my off time. Wait, I don't have any off time because I'm working 72 a week to survive.

05-15-2008, 02:33 PM

if you mess it up though you are liable!!

ps. there are still troopers in Mia? :shock:

05-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Yea, I'm it ! LOL

05-20-2008, 08:39 AM

Post it up dude. I'll go tear into mine now...........

Try here dude.

http://code3pse.com/pdf/install_guides/ ... _rev_3.pdf (http://code3pse.com/pdf/install_guides/Javelin_T09559_rev_3.pdf)

05-21-2008, 04:26 AM
THANKS FOR LINK!

07-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Agree. Multi-color gives you the best protection. The EMTs and FDs should have a bit of blue in there too for night. I don't the whole Blue Ego thing. Be seen!!!

07-11-2008, 12:21 AM

Agree. Multi-color gives you the best protection. The EMTs and FDs should have a bit of blue in there too for night. I don't the whole Blue Ego thing. Be seen!!!

good post

CHP_officer_wannabe
07-12-2008, 04:33 PM
From my understanding, you are supposed to have at least 1 steady burning red light facing forward during a Code 3 pursuit. I noticed that your cruisers just have flashing red or blue lights, but no steady red facing front.

07-12-2008, 06:20 PM
From my understanding, you are supposed to have at least 1 steady burning red light facing forward during a Code 3 pursuit. I noticed that your cruisers just have flashing red or blue lights, but no steady red facing front.

Only the state of California has that requirement.

07-13-2008, 12:18 AM

Although the screwed up legal system is similar, we're not in California (where steady red is required). If you want to be a CHP officer, I am curious if you are familiar with the California traffic code (which probably includes the requirements for emergency vehicle lighting)?

07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
I have been on so long I had the old Blue Bubble light on my patrol car with the hardware store push pull switch to turn it on and off.

I wish I still had that light, these new light bars are for wimps!

CHP_officer_wannabe
07-13-2008, 05:34 AM

Although the screwed up legal system is similar, we're not in California (where steady red is required). If you want to be a CHP officer, I am curious if you are familiar with the California traffic code (which probably includes the requirements for emergency vehicle lighting)?

Oh ok. Well assuming I became an FHP officer, do the new LED lights have that option to turn one steady red light on while the rest of the lights flash?

07-13-2008, 06:57 AM
[quote="CHP_officer_wannabe":3dpio19z]From my understanding, you are supposed to have at least 1 steady burning red light facing forward during a Code 3 pursuit. I noticed that your cruisers just have flashing red or blue lights, but no steady red facing front.

Oh ok. Well assuming I became an FHP officer, do the new LED lights have that option to turn one steady red light on while the rest of the lights flash?[/quote:3dpio19z]

Only the new chargers have that option. Unfortunately when they programmed the lights they didn't realize that the steady red light is on the back. Unfortunately all of the first release Chargers will have this flaw. You are of course welcome to repair this out of your own pocket.

07-13-2008, 03:03 PM

California Title13 is the most specific document I've ever seen when it comes to emergency vehicle signals. I don't think you'll find a Florida document as encompassing.
From what I've seen here, seeing the police vehicle coming isn't terribly important as most of them have faded blue lights on them in a state known for bright sunshine. I love the ones that are hidden behind tinted glass.
They need to add some red to the police vehicles for day improvement, and some blue to the fire/ems vehicles for night improvement.

07-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I have been on so long I had the old Blue Bubble light on my patrol car with the hardware store push pull switch to turn it on and off.

Hell yeah, oldschool all the way. 1982 Chevy w/ a bubble topped out at 96mph uphill, down hill headwind, tailwind, it didn't matter.

07-15-2008, 01:15 AM

:shock:

07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
[quote="CHP_officer_wannabe":1cc43z7c]From my understanding, you are supposed to have at least 1 steady burning red light facing forward during a Code 3 pursuit. I noticed that your cruisers just have flashing red or blue lights, but no steady red facing front.

Oh ok. Well assuming I became an FHP officer, do the new LED lights have that option to turn one steady red light on while the rest of the lights flash?

im confused

Only the new chargers have that option. Unfortunately when they programmed the lights they didn't realize that the steady red light is on the back. Unfortunately all of the first release Chargers will have this flaw. You are of course welcome to repair this out of your own pocket.[/quote:1cc43z7c]

07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
[quote="CHP_officer_wannabe":h1u2fgwg]From my understanding, you are supposed to have at least 1 steady burning red light facing forward during a Code 3 pursuit. I noticed that your cruisers just have flashing red or blue lights, but no steady red facing front.

im confused

Only the new chargers have that option. Unfortunately when they programmed the lights they didn't realize that the steady red light is on the back. Unfortunately all of the first release Chargers will have this flaw. You are of course welcome to repair this out of your own pocket.[/quote:h1u2fgwg]

It was a joke. A poor one at that but a joke.

07-16-2008, 02:24 AM
[quote="CHP_officer_wannabe":100anjyd]From my understanding, you are supposed to have at least 1 steady burning red light facing forward during a Code 3 pursuit. I noticed that your cruisers just have flashing red or blue lights, but no steady red facing front.

im confused

Only the new chargers have that option. Unfortunately when they programmed the lights they didn't realize that the steady red light is on the back. Unfortunately all of the first release Chargers will have this flaw. You are of course welcome to repair this out of your own pocket.

It was a joke. A poor one at that but a joke.[/quote:100anjyd]

oh ok

CHP_officer_wannabe
09-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Yeah those blue bubble vector bars are so old...you guys should replace them with the LED bars. CHP still uses the vector, but we will eventually phase them out with the LED bar...

09-18-2008, 04:14 AM
Yeah those blue bubble vector bars are so old...you guys should replace them with the LED bars. CHP still uses the vector, but we will eventually phase them out with the LED bar...

Doesn't matter...CHP shuts their sh*t off on all their Traffic Stops....you'll only catch them with their lights on running Code or at a crash scene if it's necessary to block or shut down the roadway.

09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Pursuit, thats a laugh, we dont pursue anyone. FHP is too scared to allow chases.

09-18-2008, 03:04 PM
For anyone to use the term "scientific evidence" in the same sentence with the name "Jim Wells" is an insult to everyone in that profession.

09-18-2008, 03:07 PM
The use of the term "scientific evidence" in the same sentence as "Jim Wells" is an insult to everyone in that profession.