PDA

View Full Version : FHP board

05-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Seems some of our Trooper bretheren/sisteren (if that's a word) don't think DOT/AG/FWC/DEP or any other SLEO's actually do anything resembling what they refer to as "real" police work (i.e. sig-76 moa, moa,moa...get a road ranger.). I would like everyone to call in all their traffic stops so they can hear what we actually are doing. We usually don't call in for something as simple as suspended DL's, misd. warrants, etc... the days of calling in on the phone to keep off the radio are over- call in every traffic stop like they do with the signal 76's over and over, I'm sick of the attitude from some of these troopers that they are the only law enforcement in Florida. When was the last time they assessed a penalty for more than a speeding ticket? How about writing a driver some tickets-more than 1-doing an inspection on the truck-putting the driver-truck-carrier out of service-fines to the carrier in the thousands-impounding the tractor/trailer for no paying those fines-arresting the driver for DL violations/warrants/dui/drugs poss/trafficking/aggressive driving-and whatever else. DOT pays $400,000+ a year for dispatch services, I say lets get our moneys worth out of them.

05-08-2008, 12:43 AM
All OALE should be calling in every traffic stop no matter what. It is too dangerous to not call in. Who cares if it takes of time on the radio, that is what the radio is for. DO NOT BE STUPID. Your life depends on other officers knowing where you are and what or who you are out with.

If I ever see an OALE Officer out on a traffic stop and did not hear them call out with it I will wait till your done with the stop and than KICK your Arss, ok just chew you out for awhile I have been to tooooooo many LEO funerals and do not wish to attend another.

Remember if you dont want to do it for yourself, do it for your family.

05-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Seems some of our Trooper bretheren/sisteren (if that's a word) don't think DOT/AG/FWC/DEP or any other SLEO's actually do anything resembling what they refer to as "real" police work (i.e. sig-76 moa, moa,moa...get a road ranger.). I would like everyone to call in all their traffic stops so they can hear what we actually are doing. We usually don't call in for something as simple as suspended DL's, misd. warrants, etc... the days of calling in on the phone to keep off the radio are over- call in every traffic stop like they do with the signal 76's over and over, I'm sick of the attitude from some of these troopers that they are the only law enforcement in Florida. When was the last time they assessed a penalty for more than a speeding ticket? How about writing a driver some tickets-more than 1-doing an inspection on the truck-putting the driver-truck-carrier out of service-fines to the carrier in the thousands-impounding the tractor/trailer for no paying those fines-arresting the driver for DL violations/warrants/dui/drugs poss/trafficking/aggressive driving-and whatever else. DOT pays $400,000+ a year for dispatch services, I say lets get our moneys worth out of them.
You sir are a complete idiot!!!!!! Im the one who posted that and if you read anything I put on there you would have seen that I stated that these were just questions and not knocks!!! So dont dare come on here and try to twist my words to make it fit your stupid agenda!!
I only know one of you guys and honestly he is lazy and when i ask him stuff he gives me a silly response.
Everybody has a job to do and others have qustions like me, so please make sure you can concentrate long enough to read the entire post!
sorry to the others on here for this guy!
Thanks.

05-09-2008, 06:16 PM
You sir are a complete idiot!!!!!! Im the one who posted that and if you read anything I put on there you would have seen that I stated that these were just questions and not knocks!!! So dont dare come on here and try to twist my words to make it fit your stupid agenda!!
I only know one of you guys and honestly he is lazy and when i ask him stuff he gives me a silly response.
Everybody has a job to do and others have qustions like me, so please make sure you can concentrate long enough to read the entire post!
sorry to the others on here for this guy!
Thanks.

You only know ONE and he is lazy!?!? PLEASE, talk to me when you stop 10 trucks a day and do more than write a ticket to a car, ask and obtain the following from every truck you stop: driver license, medical card, log book, shipping papers, registration/cab card on the truck, registration on trailer, check for rotweilers, cats,snakes lot lizards, unauthorized passengers etc.. in the truck, find their radar detector, drugs, bottle of whiskey, see if they are on medication or just lying about it, check for haz-mat if they are loaded-you've got to check the shipping papers-sometimes they try to cover up the fact they have haz-mat, see if they have the correct endorsements (tank/double/triple/haz-mat) and see if they are violating any restrictions on the DL-corrective lens, air brakes, passenger. Check for warrants, pedophile, see if they are on probation-maybe not to leave the state where their from- all of them are lying about SOMETHING-get to the bottom of it. Do this on EVERY traffic stop you do and make sure you initiate the stop in a safe area where the truck can stop without getting stuck, turning over, pissing off the local business that he will be in their parking lot or blocking the entrance to their drive, or the turning lane that "Granny" can't get to her favorite coffee shop and she will park behind you and begin blowing the horn, calling the office and 911 because she just cannot beleive you are blocking "her" turn lane. Then IF the driver has everything in order, you check all the equioment and don't even get started on whether to do a L-1, L-2, or L-3. AND if it looks heavy, go ahead and drag out those portable scale and hoof 'em on down the ditch to the front of the truck (all 4) and weigh it. Depending on the length, if he's on the interstate or not, how many axles he has, if he has a permit for inner-bridge-if he's long enough for that to be valid, check his log book and see if he falsified it-if he needs one (depending on CDL vehicle, over 100 air miles-maybe 150 air miles-do intra-state or inter-state rules apply) call the shipper and carrier if somethings wrong and expplain it all to them, before they call th office/Tallahassee and begin complaining, do all that and then start typing all that informaton in your laptop, not once but at least 3 times if ANYTHING is wrong, check to see if they have authority to operate-$500 fine for that, check apportioned registration for FL on it, if not then assess the penalty for all weight over 10,000 lbs for straight truck and unladen combination, or 35,000 lbs for a laden combination, issue IRP trip permit, fuel tax permit if the truck don't have IFTA decals.... I will stop here for now, you get the idea, I don't think ANY DOT officer can be called lazy, you may see one of us chilling out, sometimes our brain needs a break, come and ride with one of us if you want to see more of what we do, it is VERY EXCITING and that's why I love what I do and will NEVER go write tickets and be limited in what I can do to some ***hole that should not be operating a CMV much less any other vehicle. And after you issue the fine for several hundred dollars, maybe a couple thousand,whatever, make sure he is not pissed off enough to go drive that thing into the nearest clump of people he can find. Then go get another one. We all do a service for the citezns of Florida, my job is no more important than a trooper or oscar or game warden, and all the others, but, it's no less important either. We will not stick together and we will never get paid what we are worth, but at least we could have some respect for each other, I think that is severely lacking from the black and tan side.

MOD 486
05-10-2008, 02:02 PM
OK I guess I missed something somewhere. This post topic seems to be more for FHP than AG LAW. I think callinall 10-50's was refering to having the Officer's use their radios more than cell phones while they are doing the job. More radio time shows production.
Then O2306 just agrees and says it is an Officer safety issue not to call in on the radio all your traffic stops. Lets everyone around you know where you are and what you are doing. All this makes sense to me so far.

Then Guest calls callinall 10-50's an idiot. Why I don't know. I must have missed something from another site that has leaked to AG LAW's site.
Then last but not least callinall 10-50's responds to guest very lengthy I must say.

So my question is what does the last two post have to do with AG LAW? Sounds like a DOT and FHP disagreement coming onto AG LAW's site.

If you want to talk about AG LAW then please place your professional posts on our site. However, if you want to start a pissing contest between DOT/ FHP/FWC or who ever else. Do it on another site.

Thanks
MOD 486

05-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Here Here, well said MOD

05-13-2008, 04:46 AM
OK I guess I missed something somewhere. This post topic seems to be more for FHP than AG LAW. I think callinall 10-50's was refering to having the Officer's use their radios more than cell phones while they are doing the job. More radio time shows production.
Then O2306 just agrees and says it is an Officer safety issue not to call in on the radio all your traffic stops. Lets everyone around you know where you are and what you are doing. All this makes sense to me so far.

Then Guest calls callinall 10-50's an idiot. Why I don't know. I must have missed something from another site that has leaked to AG LAW's site.
Then last but not least callinall 10-50's responds to guest very lengthy I must say.

So my question is what does the last two post have to do with AG LAW? Sounds like a DOT and FHP disagreement coming onto AG LAW's site.

If you want to talk about AG LAW then please place your professional posts on our site. However, if you want to start a pissing contest between DOT/ FHP/FWC or who ever else. Do it on another site.

Thanks
MOD 486
MOD,
I posted a question on the FHP board just to get some clarification. callinall 10-50's came to our board and and took everthing i asked and completly turned it around and made me sound if i was bashing the agency itself. I was NOT knocking just asking.
Just wanted to clarify I did not come to this site and start it just to tell everyone sorry for this person and to not start crap.

MOD 486
05-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Guest,

Thanks I appreciate your honesty. One thing I have learn reading the posts on the different agency's sites is people automatically think the worst about a posting even though it may not have meant to be.
I just wanted to make sure our site continues to be the professiona lsite it is thanks to the professional LEO's we have working at AG LAW.

MOD 486

05-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Guest,

Thanks I appreciate your honesty. One thing I have learn reading the posts on the different agency's sites is people automatically think the worst about a posting even though it may not have meant to be.
I just wanted to make sure our site continues to be the professiona lsite it is thanks to the professional LEO's we have working at AG LAW.

MOD 486

MOD 486 YOU INSULTED FHP SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!

san
06-29-2008, 01:32 AM
You ARE EXPECTED to call in all of your 10-50's by your dispatchers.
You have your own designated Ag channel with your own dispatcher, so what are you complaining about... oh.. I take that back!...
Since FHP dispatch is so short handed, possibly and probably due to them being UNDERPAID and leaving the agency in droves (not unlike the Troopers) .. so, we have to patch your channel with a Trooper channel.
As one of your dispatchers I'd like to advise you that you indeed DO get the same attention as the Troopers, DOT, DEP, etc.... on whatever you happen to be on at any given moment!
I'd like to request however that you monitor your radios more carefully as there have been incidents on more than one occasion that I've needed an AG unit for a drunk or Signal 12 coming your way and have to take the time to call on PX because nobody was answering the radio!
Also, when you call to log off over the air.. please don't list more than yourself as being 10-8 or 10-42. Each of your units have a radio and should take a 10-8 and a 10-42 in single radio traffic increments.
Just my take on it
Be safe
DO Nantz

06-29-2008, 09:23 AM
The only reason we do the 10-8 one officer 10-42 the other is to cut down on the radio traffic and to try and make it easier on the dispatcher. Some sound overwhelmed, or just pissed to have to anwser anybody, so we try to give them a break. I would guess that your management does not have a problem with, nor does our's or we would have seen a memo on it. I for one will continue to do it this way until then.

Oh and there are some dispatchers that sound like they are having a tooth pulled to anwser a oscar unit, but are all roses and sunshine when anwsering a fhp unit.

06-29-2008, 01:23 PM
IN REFERENCE TO DO NANTZ COMMENT: IF YOU ARE SENDING A DRUNK OR SIG 12 TO AG'S DIRECTION, THEY ARE JUST GOING TO CALL US TO HANDLE IT ANYWAY. SO WHY BOTHER?? SINCE THEY ARE NOT "DUI TRAINED " LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE. THAT'S WHAT ONE OF THE OFFICERS TOLD ME. I THINK AG HAS SIGNED A NON-AGGRESSION PACT WITH THE CRIMINALS. LEK-LEG FOREVER!!(LET'EM KNOW LET'EM GO!!)

san
06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't know who YOU are but I want to clarify that I have nothing but the utmost respect for the job that the dept of ag does. THEY bring in the highest amounts of monetary revenue in the State and they are operating at much less than full capacity of Officers.
They don't HAVE to do the DUI part of the stop, just get them stopped. We can then send a Trooper once the impaired driver is stopped.
Public Safety is the operative word here and getting them off the road is our FIRST priority, BEFORE they crash and/or kill someone.

san
06-29-2008, 07:03 PM
The only reason we do the 10-8 one officer 10-42 the other is to cut down on the radio traffic and to try and make it easier on the dispatcher. Some sound overwhelmed, or just pissed to have to anwser anybody, so we try to give them a break. I would guess that your management does not have a problem with, nor does our's or we would have seen a memo on it. I for one will continue to do it this way until then.

Oh and there are some dispatchers that sound like they are having a tooth pulled to anwser a oscar unit, but are all roses and sunshine when anwsering a fhp unit.

I'm sorry, for your impression of some dispatchers within this comm center and the attention or lack there of that you feel they provide. I cannot speak for any of them, only for myself.
... I was just advising you, as one of the dispatchers, of the difficulty at having one unit call in for other units x42 or x8. I'm not responding on this forum to criticize or cause any friction and certainly not to demand anything of your agency or officers.
I would like to take the opportunity to invite any of you to spend some time in the dispatch center to get a feel for what it's like on our end of it as well. I DID ride out with Sgt Kirkland and met quite a few of you and will add that I was fully impressed with what you do and all that you accomplish! For that, I'd like to Thank each of you for your contributions to this State and it's coffers. With that said, .. times are rough for ALL of us in Florida who work for the State. Pay is low, no raises in site and the budget keeps getting cut. I'm still very proud to work within this field and even more so due to the professionalism of the Officers within all of the respective State Agencies.
"Guest", perhaps you read my last post after having a very bad day because your response was not only childish but also lacking in civility; very uncharacteristic of a Law Enforcement Professional.
I had the priviledge of meeting and conversing with Lt. Canaday years ago and if anybody exemplified the grace and professionalism of your department, it was him. He was my first impression of an Ag LEO.
If it requires a "memo" in order for compliance then by all means sir or maam, I'll be sure to ask my supervisor to ask my Captain to send one. I was only requesting with sincere expectation of courtesy and nothing more.
The "attitude" was completely uncalled for and unnecessary.
D O Nantz

07-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey, wait...everyone is important on the radio, or I would like to think so. Appreciate your dispatcher, D.O. Nantz and everyone else, remember dummy's they are the one's that keep you alive!!!!!!! :x Did everyone forget that. :cry:
We depend on them for info on subjects, and on everything else. Until we get in car FCIC/NCIC or DAVID you need to stop pointing your fingers and get on board!

In reality how many of you are FCIC/NCIC trained or even familiar with the com center or any com center. You can visit any dispatch in your county and spend a few minutes there. In my opinion it should be a mandatory part of our training within the first month with any agency. Heck they give us training with investigations but we don't do that either or at least not in the begining.

They cover just a little bit of radio in the academy but when you are in that center with 3 computers, 911 phones that are ringing, 6 zones and 3 agencies calling in let me see how many of you handle it.

Some of the best troopers, ag cops, dot, fwc, dep and whoever and yes Captains and Majors may have started in dispatch, give everyone respect and I promise you will get it back.

Remember if you give an attitude you will get an attitude whatever the job may be! I am just the voice of reason. Dressed with a badge and a gun just like you! :o

07-03-2008, 04:37 AM
PLEASE STOP USING THE TERM "AGCOPS". BECAUSE YOUR NOT.

07-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Nanz you said a mouthfull there, and you are right on with your statement about Jeff , after he passed away and they promoted that loser to Lt, it was really a different place on I-95. And then to make it even worse they promoted him again and then a grocery bagger to Lt who even though he has worked in Ag forever he could'nt find his butt without using both hands..........................

07-04-2008, 03:21 PM
ooops sorry that above post was a reply to San not Nanz

Let em know, let em go...............the Gospel according to the Sgt's on I95

07-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Let em know, let em go...............the Gospel according to the Sgt's on I95

What is wrong with giving someone a break if they truly did not know? You do not have to write a ticket to everyone. How would a $120-$180 ticket effect your budget and family? Most people do not know they have to stop, those in rentals have no clue. Yeah I know the sign says they have to, how about you try to read that sign at 70+mph when you are right on top of it. If you get a thrill out of writing tickets go work some where else. Try that crap at an SO and you may be hunting another job. IMHO anyone who "likes" writing tickets need to get a few themselves. You will want a break one day, I hope no one gives it to you. I bet you are the type to flash your badge when you get stopped.