PDA

View Full Version : Employee Buyouts

05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Will the sheriff offer this package anytime soon? I also heard that some Career #4 deputies will be offered this opportunity as well?

05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
West Palm just offered one at a savings of $88,000 per position.

05-13-2008, 02:08 AM
I can actually deal with that...How about these mergers? I don't care what anyone says...it will drain us. i could careless about control and power. This is the county. We have no boundaries. I rather help these troubled cities through mutual aid, but not merge with them when they are heavily indebted.

05-17-2008, 12:40 PM
The RPB so-said merger drained us of millions. If anyone tells you it doesn't cost money for a merger, they've given you some bad data, bro. When the SO merges/takes-over it buys the departments equipment from paper clips, pens, post-it notes, weapons, cars to office equipment, then you compound the "stupid idea" of giving longevity and seniority to the take-overites and the cost builds up. The economy is forecasting major budget crunches for us especially with out of county take home cars and the health costs the Sheriff has been absorbing for years. Job security is there and the city PD's also couldn't dream of expanding with cuts to their budgets too. I hope people are prepared financially for the next two years because it is going to be a heck of a ride.

05-17-2008, 01:00 PM
To the last poster, you need to get your facts straight before you start posting garbage on this site. You are just throwing things out here as a scare tactic but youre not offering any facts or data to back up your speculation. For those of us that have a nice personal car, motorcycle, and boat, we don't need to be hearing this kind of speculative stuff that can't be backed up. Anybody can come on here and talk garbage. What authority do you speak from?

05-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds like someone worried about their toys being taken away or their future goodies not coming through. Mergers do cost money!

05-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds like someone worried about their toys being taken away or their future goodies not coming through. Mergers do cost money!

Yea but we need them to survive. Boca is looking to annex several nice areas out west, and so is Palm Springs. This is the prime time to annex because cities get the benefits of more taxes to hire more Police. Mergers are a necessity for our future.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 5013.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flpbocameeting0513pnmay13,0,4635013.story)

05-18-2008, 09:41 AM
The RPB so-said merger drained us of millions. If anyone tells you it doesn't cost money for a merger, they've given you some bad data, bro. When the SO merges/takes-over it buys the departments equipment from paper clips, pens, post-it notes, weapons, cars to office equipment, then you compound the "stupid idea" of giving longevity and seniority to the take-overites and the cost builds up. The economy is forecasting major budget crunches for us especially with out of county take home cars and the health costs the Sheriff has been absorbing for years. Job security is there and the city PD's also couldn't dream of expanding with cuts to their budgets too. I hope people are prepared financially for the next two years because it is going to be a heck of a ride.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about. The merger contract specifies what is provided and what the contracting city pays for, which is everything. All costs billed to the section number get passed along to the contracting city- right down to paper clips...don't take my word for it- read one of the contracts. Next time know what you are talking about.