PDA

View Full Version : Signal 60s

05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
It seems like we are getting a little carried away with all the Signal 60s.
I am concerned that someone could get hurt due to the excessive radio traffic, especially in the southend.

My opinion is I am getting paid to patrol. I certainly don't mind calling out special watch areas. What does everyone think?

05-07-2008, 04:53 PM
The problem is if its not documented, it didn't happen. I do agree that it is a pain when you can't get a word in edgewise. But when there a buch of part ones and the Lt has to explain why there were not many sig 60's, the the poop runs down hill. I think the excessive radio traffic may also be attributed to talking b.s. over the radio, a civil and warrants officer that gives long dicertations and other people hogging the radio. One thing they would activate Cha 3 as an admin channel to keep the excessive stuff off the main channels and someone to tell a certain civil and warrants officer to keep the chatter down. If its that important they can either call dispatch on the phone or write a report.

05-07-2008, 11:46 PM
If you're talking D2, then you may want to look further than a civil unit doing all the chatter. Channel 7 has more than one notoriious deputy wanting to give a thirty second dissertation on something completely pointless. Dispatch doesn't care if the downed line is a power, phone, or cable line, they just need to know who to call.

Also, It is possible to add your own notes on a call that you're 97 on. Go to cad, highlight your call, and press the space bar. (You may have to do it more than once.) A box will appear, highlight notes, then add notes. If you type as much as you talk, you may have to enter several lines to get your notes entered.

Hearing "copy comments and code" is really aggravating. If you have to justify a code, add your own notes to your call or write a damn report. Your co-workers and dispatchers would probably appreciate it.

05-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Or just email the dispatcher w/ whatcha want to say and let them copy/paste it into the notes.

My main thing w/ sig 60's is when you call one out.. you have just announced to the world where you are. How nice of us to let all the criminals know where we are.

05-14-2008, 11:04 AM
My sergeant doesn't care to hear us call out our patrols. Is it the Leiutenants that are requiring it? Because ours doesn't unless there's been a problem in a certain area.

The s60 requests in our folders should be called out by a Watch Order number. Any other patrols should be called out after that fact. ie: "Copy a signal 60 all the way." That way people with scanners don't know we were there until after we're gone.

05-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Call out a Sig 60 after you have done it? Okay Godd Officer safety there!! Hope you aren't an FTO. Check a building without letting dispatch know??? Does anybody else see a possible problem here??

05-15-2008, 02:26 AM
its hard to get hurt doing a sig 60 at 50mph.

05-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Copy Sig 60? Navarre Beach. Correction, I'll be out with a very skinny wite male wearing a speedo, uh 10-22 Santa Rosa. Its one of our D-2 deputies. Roger that!

05-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh that's just wrong, on soooo many levels. Funny as hell, but wrong.

06-30-2008, 01:09 PM
HA HA HA!!!!!! :lol:

07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Call out a Sig 60 after you have done it? Okay Godd Officer safety there!! Hope you aren't an FTO. Check a building without letting dispatch know??? Does anybody else see a possible problem here??

You've got a point but I meant patrol signal 60's. I don't get out of my car for any police work without calling out. Thank you for your nice words though.