PDA

View Full Version : Tidbit of information we dont like hearing about:

05-06-2008, 01:18 PM
•Sgt. Nicholas G. Sottile, Florida Highway Patrol; cause of death: gunfire

•Deputy Sheriff Harold Michael Altman, Jackson County Sheriff's Department; cause of death: gunfire

•Lt. Corey Dahlem, Gainesville Police Department; cause of death: vehicular assault

•Lt. Delmar Teagan, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission; cause of death: automobile accident

•Sgt. Karl Strohsal, Longwood Police Department (Volusia County); cause of death: struck by vehicle

•Sgt. Christopher Reyka, Broward County Sheriff's Office; cause of death: gunfire

•Reserve Deputy Joe Bill Galloway, Holmes County Sheriff's Office; cause of death: vehicle pursuit

•Officer Jose Somohano, Miami-Dade Police Department; cause of death: gunfire

•Officer Alfred L. Gordon Sr., Orlando Police Department; cause of death: gunfire

•Officer Scott Eric Bell, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office; cause of death: vehicular assault

•Wildlife Officer Michelle A. Lawless, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission; cause of death: accidental

•Deputy Sheriff Paul Rein, Broward County Sheriff's Office; cause of death: gunfire

•Deputy Sheriff Donta J. Manuel, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office; cause of death: struck by vehicle

•Deputy Sheriff Jonathan D. Wallace, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office; cause of death: struck by vehicle

•Deputy Sheriff Robin Tanner, Monroe County Sheriff's Office; cause of death: automobile accident

Sgt. Ron Harrison, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office; cause of death: gunfire

These are the causes of death for our fallen officers in the year of 2007. For those of you who take firearms, officer safety and vehicular operations lightly, maybe you should reconsider.

This world is becoming more and more barbaric and our only line of defense is our weapons, our safety, and each other. Learn how to shoot - learn how to shoot the suspect - before they shoot you.

We cannot protect ourselves from everything, but you work how you train/practice. You dont practice, you wont know what to do in emergency situations.

TAKE NOTHING ROUTINE. I fall into that category too sometimes, and then I read something like this and it wakes me up. I dont want to loose another partner, another friend, another anyone.

Be careful out there