PDA

View Full Version : Passed

05-04-2008, 12:38 PM
[/img]
The spending plan left most state workers, except for 1,500 state troopers, without a pay raise. It also cut per-student spending in public schools by 1.8 percent and promises to sock community college and university students with a 6 percent tuition increase.

The budget contains no raises for state workers, except for a 5 percent pay hike for Florida Highway Patrol troopers to stem the loss of officers to other police agencies. There is a 6 percent tuition increase for universities and community colleges.

http://floridacapitalnews.com/apps/pbcs ... /805020330 (http://floridacapitalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080502/CAPITOLNEWS/805020330)

05-04-2008, 04:22 PM
"Some of the only bright spots were for the environment. Lawmakers still managed to find $100 million for Everglades restoration and another $300 million for Florida Forever, the environmental land buying program."
:roll:

05-04-2008, 06:15 PM
"Some of the only bright spots were for the environment. Lawmakers still managed to find $100 million for Everglades restoration and another $300 million for Florida Forever, the environmental land buying program."
:roll:

What a bunch of retards. I like how it says the 5% pay hike is to "stem the loss of officers to other police agencies."

Oh yes! I will not be leaving now for my new $48,000 job because Im getting an extra $100 a month from FHP starting in 2009. WTF are they smoking?

05-04-2008, 06:31 PM
The biggest joke about all this is because many of the local agencies will be going into hiring freezes this upcoming year because of amendment 1 that FHP will have the nerve next year to claim that turnover slowed some and try and credit this little 5% raise when in reality it was the locals freezing hiring at many places. The Governor will probably even say it since he messed up and accidently made that comment about Amendment 1 taking care of the FHP turnover issue instead of addressing the joke pay.

05-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Once the Locals figure out how to get around ammendment 1, it will be back to business as usual.

05-04-2008, 09:55 PM
WEED....893.13

05-04-2008, 09:57 PM
The last post was a response to the guest who asked and I quote "WTF are they smoking ?"---

05-04-2008, 10:09 PM
The last post was a response to the guest who asked and I quote "WTF are they smoking ?"---

Better be careful, Crist is likely to line item veto the 5% raise.

05-04-2008, 10:59 PM

Oh that would be horrible. I will have to work an extra 3 hours of 208 a month to make up for the massive loss of cash... :roll:

05-05-2008, 05:30 PM
DONT FORGET ABOUT THE 640 MIL GIVEN TO CSX

05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
You act like you dont care now but if they were to take that 5% away you would be crying. So just pipe down and hope that there is no veto for what they are willing to give us. That raise is better than what the other agencies are getting.

05-05-2008, 06:59 PM
You act like you dont care now but if they were to take that 5% away you would be crying. So just pipe down and hope that there is no veto for what they are willing to give us. That raise is better than what the other agencies are getting.

Take it, I dont care. It just gives me more of a reason to never look back at FHP when I leave. When you take into account all the years we got virtually NOTHING this 5% equals about .0005%. When this passes, I will be making $4068 (gross) more a year than I was 4 years ago. A $1,000 a year raise is virtually nothing when you take into account inflation. At this rate I will be making $52,000 a year in the year 2024 when gas is $50 a gallon. :roll:

05-05-2008, 08:16 PM

I hope he does

05-05-2008, 08:25 PM

Take it, I dont care. It just gives me more of a reason to never look back at FHP when I leave. When you take into account all the years we got virtually NOTHING this 5% equals about .0005%. When this passes, I will be making $4068 (gross) more a year than I was 4 years ago. A $1,000 a year raise is virtually nothing when you take into account inflation. At this rate I will be making $52,000 a year in the year 2024 when gas is $50 a gallon. :roll:

Good one less winer to complain then when you leave. Im not saying it is perfect job but suck it up. It's better than flipping burgers or picking oranges. At least they are helping a little bit with the inflation. FWC and the rest are getting screwed.

05-06-2008, 01:19 AM
This raise does not even cover per month what my rent went up this year. I am grateful for getting something, but it does not change the fact that I have to work off duty or SOAR to pay the bills.

05-06-2008, 01:30 AM
It won't cover the cost of rent, fuel, groceries, or any other bills that are necessities. Then the kick in the teeth is that they spent 100 million on the everglades restoration. That could have been a step pay plan for all SLEO’s. If all would just stick together, we could get things accomplished, but we won’t.