PDA

View Full Version : Q & A Nonsworn

05-03-2008, 06:14 AM
While the reading is most intertaining sometimes.........and it brings tears of laughter to my eyes.........some of it reminds me of a child's behavior in an adult body.

All most people want is to provide for their family, law and order, a professional/educated leader, in one's profession, with integrity and high moral standards.......leads by example.......and the rest will be positive history. It is said that a ship is only as good as it's Captain.

I would like to read input from the old time, nonsworn, employees. Are you better off over the years from the date of employment? Has your dream for advancement been fullfilled? Are Escambia County citizens better off than eight years ago with services from the S.O.? What is your stress level/morale on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 the highest). If no one responds it will be understood.

05-03-2008, 04:41 PM
2. It might be a one but every time I think things have hit bottom, it just gets worse. The ECSO reminds me of an old saying. It's always darkest just before it goes completely black. We need real leadership. It will be a refreshing change.

05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
We need real leadership? Hell I will take any leadership because right now we have none.
I think Larry Scapecchi will treat all employees fairly.

05-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I think David Morgan will too. Either one will be a world of difference from what we have now.

05-03-2008, 11:06 PM
You know, if Morgan wouldn't have surrounded himself with the peanut gallery I think he would have won a ton of support. With that being said, I would almost rather go ahead and give him a chance to run things than to keep mcJerkoff in office another 4 years. Morgan has made so many promises that he would be commiting political suicide right off the bat if he didn't at least do half the things he said he would.

05-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Larry Scapecchi or nobody. Morgan scares me because of his attacks on corrections deputies. We already have an egomaniac. However, almost anybody may be better than the last 4 of what we have. He was always such a scumbag before he was elected. Iris is the only one he did not hit on... I think.

05-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Now that I've wiped the spew off my monitor, that was just mean!

05-04-2008, 01:44 AM
I don't trust Morgan because of the company he keeps, and how he insulted the Detention Deputies without having ever worked a jail or a police department, and please an airforce security division is not a police department and before you try to bash me for saying that please understand i have the outmost respect for his service to our country, i also served our country as a marine during war. With that said i can tell you i will vote republican for president and democrat for sheriff.

05-04-2008, 01:55 AM
I don't trust Morgan because of the company he keeps, and how he insulted the Detention Deputies without having ever worked a jail or a police department, and please an airforce security division is not a police department and before you try to bash me for saying that please understand i have the utmost respect for his service to our country, i also served our country as a marine during war. With that said i can tell you i will vote republican for president and democrat for sheriff.
I think he means what he says which is he holds the sheriff responsible. he's clearly stated that the policies like the infamous drug holiday are to blame for many of the conflicts between inmates and deputies. This was all spun into anti detention deputy by mcnuggets. "Buildings don't kill people, people kill people kill people" was a complaint about spending 45 million on a building to solve policy problems. Not an anti Deputy statement. If you actually listen to his entire messages he always says good things about the deputies. Taking phrases out of context and twisting them is how this anti deputy rumor got started. It's a McNesby trick.

05-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Really? And ronniemacabusespower was a pro cop site? The same people that ran that got Morgan to run as their pick who they wanted for Sheriff. If you got Leroy Boyd, David Craig, Arety Seivers, Jan Johnson, Doc Ely, Berkland, etc as your core supporters, I got no use for you.

BTW Mod, get that crap about Iris off here.

05-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Really? And ronniemacabusespower was a pro cop site? The same people that ran that got Morgan to run as their pick who they wanted for Sheriff. If you got Leroy Boyd, David Craig, Arety Seivers, Jan Johnson, Doc Ely, Berkland, etc as your core supporters, I got no use for you.

BTW Mod, get that crap about Iris off here.

Who did run that site I've always wondered. What makes those people "core" supporters? Morgan has lots and lots of supporters. i guess if everybody finally supports him then everybody you don't like will support him too. you know my ill tempered friend, Morgan has been more outspoken about the real abuses of Ronniemac than anybody else in this town ever. Of course people that McNesby has attacked are going to support Morgan. So freakin what? Your "supporters" argument is weak and irrelevant. Morgan is running for sheriff and anybody who doesn't like Ronniemac knows he's their best candidate.

05-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Sheriff David Morgan. Get used to it.

05-04-2008, 05:02 AM
"CHANGE" is the theme throughout the country this year and......I've always been told if a "change" in law enforcement leadership "changes" it's because of the Deputies. We've had insiders and outsiders as sheriff and the old timers can educate you on the pros and cons from their experience. Sad point is.....some people never want to learn from the old timers (you know.....the teenager that knows more than the parent)!!!!!!!

If the employees were given the opportunity for input from the administration, and take it to heart, what would you change, and be specific, to become one of the best law enforcement agencies in Florida?

Leaders often forget that charity begins at home. Sorry to say that the players change but eventually the problems are the same. The sad point here is how many times has one complained of wrong doing during a campaigne and turn around and do the exact thing they accused one of in the first place??????

05-04-2008, 05:04 AM
"CHANGE" is the theme throughout the country this year and......I've always been told if a "change" in law enforcement leadership "changes" it's because of the Deputies. We've had insiders and outsiders as sheriff and the old timers can educate you on the pros and cons from their experience. Sad point is.....some people never want to learn from the old timers (you know.....the teenager that knows more than the parent)!!!!!!!

If the employees were given the opportunity for input from the administration, and take it to heart, what would you change, and be specific, to become one of the best law enforcement agencies in Florida?

Leaders often forget that charity begins at home. Sorry to say that the players change but eventually the problems are the same. The sad point here is how many times has one complained of wrong doing during a campaigne and turn around and do the exact thing they accused one of in the first place??????

05-04-2008, 05:04 AM

05-04-2008, 05:06 AM

Leaders often forget that charity begins at home. Sorry to say that the players change but eventually the problems are the same. The sad point here is how many times has one complained of wrong doing during a campaigne and turn around and do the exact thing they accused one of in the first place?????? :roll:

05-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Computer trouble I thought. Got to quit burning the midnight oil but then they say if you say something 3 times you'll remember it.

05-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Most politicians offer empty promises. They get in office and then work only to feather their nests. Sheriff David Morgan will be an exception to that rule. Most certainly the incumbent is an abject failure and needs to go at the earliest opportunity.

You can learn from honest insiders and honorable senior management. Unfortunately our county is so famous for corruption at the highest levels we are better to look outside for a fresh start and new ideas.

You can always find reasons to be cynical and defeatist in our county. Mismanagement has been the watchword for a long time. If we are fortunate enough to choose David Morgan as our new sheriff I believe you will begin to see a change occur throughout county government. He will lead by example, show fiscal responsibility, take care of his employees and enforce the law equally and fairly. Try it. You might like it.

05-04-2008, 08:00 AM
You speak of old timers, well they warned against McNesby. We all knew what he was like and nothing changed with him as Sheriff. Just more money, more power and the ability to get away with things simply magnified.

Listen to old timers. Scapecchi is the right one. Morgan, McNesby and Lucas are not.

05-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Larry Scapecchi for sheriff

05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Most politicians offer empty promises. They get in office and then work only to feather their nests. Sheriff David Morgan will be an exception to that rule. Most certainly the incumbent is an abject failure and needs to go at the earliest opportunity.

You can learn from honest insiders and honorable senior management. Unfortunately our county is so famous for corruption at the highest levels we are better to look outside for a fresh start and new ideas.

You can always find reasons to be cynical and defeatist in our county. Mismanagement has been the watchword for a long time. If we are fortunate enough to choose David Morgan as our new sheriff I believe you will begin to see a change occur throughout county government. He will lead by example, show fiscal responsibility, take care of his employees and enforce the law equally and fairly. Try it. You might like it.

Nice Try Craig but ain't gonna happen!

05-05-2008, 08:30 PM

Nice Try Craig but ain't gonna happen!

Not sure who "Craig Jr." is but I agree with the post. It's a "nice try" because it's true. It will happen because the voters want it.

05-05-2008, 09:35 PM
back to the topic. I don't imagine many want to speak up after the example that was made of DC after well over 25 years of good service. She didn't deserve what happened to her. This administration wants to bully anybody who disagrees with them. It has not been that since they gave special raises to those who were favorites until they were caught. Some of those in clerical only recently heard of a promotion in narcotics that no one knew about because it wasn't advertised. When they want to do something for someone special this how they do it.

05-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Really it's ll part of the same topic. Corruption and back stabbing by the same bunch for a long time. If we want change we are going to have to make big changes at the top.

05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
DC???? I know we are not thinking of the same LT. You couldn't put work in the same sentance.

05-06-2008, 04:54 AM
DC???? I know we are not thinking of the same LT. You couldn't put work in the same sentance.

No Darci Cobb

05-06-2008, 05:33 AM
We were not thinking of the same person, sorry.

05-06-2008, 08:16 AM
It's pretty clear she was transfered to make it more difficult for FEMA to access some documents. Good thing that's not obstructing justice Ronniemac. I'm sure the reason for her transfer wasn't lost on our federal friends.

05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Admin don't care about anyone but themselves or their Buddies. We desperately need a change. Anybody but the current sheriff has to be better.ANYBODY!

05-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Larry Scapecchi for sheriff.

05-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Larry Scapecchi for sheriff.

I agree :wink: