PDA

View Full Version : New deployment

05-02-2008, 02:42 AM
It has been a long time since we have heard anything about the new boundry lines for the new deployment. In my opinion, D4 will get much smaller, D2 will shrink some, d1 will get much larger and d3 will grow some. What are your ideas?

05-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Will be interesting when the consultants final recommendations are made. This guy is looked upon as a genius when it comes to scheduling. He has some major agencies with multiple shift lengths. Some work 8 hrs, some work 10hrs and others work a 12 hr day in order to fill the needs of the calls for service.

05-03-2008, 12:04 AM
If you are referring to Peter Bellmio (sp) dont call him a genius unless you are being sarcastic. The man has no concept of exactly how police work is conducted. Trust me you will see.

Average Joe
05-03-2008, 01:11 AM
If you are referring to Peter Bellmio (sp) dont call him a genius unless you are being sarcastic. The man has no concept of exactly how police work is conducted. Trust me you will see.

This is just what is wrong with some HCSO employees, refusing to think outside the box. Mr. Bellmio is a very well respected consultant who has been doing this for years with great success.

Not only does he come out and tell it like it is when an agency is understaffed, but he has the capability to lower response times by adjusting shift lengths, hours and man power. In Seattle he was able to take an agency that would never have a free unit to an agency that would have a cushion of 10 free units.

I highly suggest that you Google Peter Bellmio and you might not only be surprised as what he can do, but you might also see that the Sheriff has done something very proactive to fix a problem that many, including me, complained about during the PBA negotiations.....lack of manpower and officer safety.

Sheriff Gee has stepped to the plate on this one and hit a home run. Anyone who is a supervisor and is not on board with this one should turn in their paperwork now and inform FRS they are retiring.

05-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I am up for change and would love to see a miracle come true. It will be interesting to see what he develops. Let's not knock it until we try it. After all, there is no room for it to get any worse, now is there?

05-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Simple solution: Understaffed? Then streamline all non-essential functions, especially when it comes to writing reports. Go back to short forms, especially on incidents that will not require a deputy to testify in court of their observations or investigative steps.

05-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Property crimes without leads (most of our reports) should be reported by adding comments to the call and then giving the complainants the case number.