PDA

View Full Version : I voted NO!

05-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I sat in my living room, scratching my head, reading all the posts from LEO Affairs, reading the PBA information with my ballot, and I wondered should I vote yes for this thing?

Then I started to think about the new hires, and how they are getting screwed. Then I thought about the old timers, and saw them getting screwed too.

Then I thought about the economy and wondered if I should take the money?

Then my wife walked in, she said, "DON'T YOU DARE VOTE YES ON THAT THING!" She said, "If you don't stand by your union after all they have done, then I should be ashamed for going against them."

She said, "STICK TO YOUR UNION, THE UNION KNOWS!" My wife is in a union in her job, and I think about how her union faces the same issues.

I voted no today, feeling like I gambled, and even though I haven't been that happiest with the PBA, I know they did their job and are telling me the truth and that is what I pay them for. I would rather struggle knowing I voted with my heart and hope that in the end the choice I made pays off for me, my wife, and my children and that the PBA did not let me down.

05-02-2008, 12:06 AM
:lol: :lol:

You did the right thing!

05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Are you kidding me, if I told you there was gold under the PSB would you dig. What has the PBA done for us the last 10 years.

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am voting yes because I am sick of the PBA lies.

I sat in my living room, scratching my head, reading all the posts from LEO Affairs, reading the PBA information with my ballot, and I wondered should I vote yes for this thing?

Then I started to think about the new hires, and how they are getting screwed. Then I thought about the old timers, and saw them getting screwed too.

Then my wife walked in, she said, "DON'T YOU DARE VOTE YES ON THAT THING!" She said, "If you don't stand by your union after all they have done, then I should be ashamed for going against them."

She said, "STICK TO YOUR UNION, THE UNION KNOWS!" My wife is in a union in her job, and I think about how her union faces the same issues.

I voted no today, feeling like I gambled, and even though I haven't been that happiest with the PBA, I know they did their job and are telling me the truth and that is what I pay them for. I would rather struggle knowing I voted with my heart and hope that in the end the choice I made pays off for me, my wife, and my children and that the PBA did not let me down.

05-02-2008, 12:37 AM
I vote yes, I conted the votes 3 no and 350 yes votes the rest don't care...

05-02-2008, 01:33 AM
I vote yes, I conted the votes 3 no and 350 yes votes the rest don't care...

I voted yes as well!

05-02-2008, 01:44 AM

The PBA lied....Read the posts about the Sheriffs responses. They conned us and lied!!!!!

05-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I VOTED NO BECAUSE THERE IS MONEY BEING HELD BACK AND INFLATION IS KILLING US IN THE WALLET!

05-02-2008, 02:27 AM
I voted no because the Sheriff prefered to gave back 33 Million last year and $50 Million this year then give us a raise. Just for your information my whole shift in Pompano stood together and voted no as well.

05-02-2008, 02:31 AM
I voted no because the Sheriff prefered to gave back 33 Million last year and $50 Million this year then give us a raise. Just for your information my whole shift in Pompano stood together and voted no as well.

Your no vote wont matter. The majority is voting yes

05-02-2008, 03:29 AM

You are out of your mind, everyone in Deerfield voted NO

05-02-2008, 03:30 AM

No matter how many times you say it will not make it true, SORRY!!!! VOTE NO, VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN!!!!

05-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Everybody else is voting YES. Sorry.

05-02-2008, 03:31 AM

YES YES..its a done deal.....go run home and cry to your momma. The contract is passing

05-02-2008, 10:29 PM

YES YES..its a done deal.....go run home and cry to your momma. The contract is passing

Ha... LT, stop trying to push this crap of a contract on us. You got yours and have to live with the 3% that was forced on you. You'll be *****ing when we get the 5% each year and making more then you do because you work 60 to 70 hrs a week with NO OVER TIME. :devil:
Vote NO.

05-02-2008, 10:36 PM
First time we have ever seen the Union ask us to vote NO. I'm going to go the 'No" direction.

05-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I asked my wife what I should do too and she whispered in my ear...........
...........VOTE YESSSSS BABYYYYY

She wants me to take her on a nice weekend getway with that 1,200.00 RETRO CHECK.

I came home today and told her........

I VOTED YESSSSS BABYYYYY

Mr. Obviousman called me SELLOUT.......but nothing is more obvious thaN MEEEEEEEEE VOTINGGGG YESSSSS BABYYYYYYY.

05-03-2008, 12:49 AM
The sheriff visited CI and SID and preached to them about how fair the current offer is. He stated that we are #2 as far as pay when you factor in our paid pension. That is a bunch of BULL! Look at what Coconut Creek, Sea ranch lakes, and even Margate top out at. It is easy to manipulate statistics to your advantage, especially when you factor in variables to your advantage. Comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges, we are #5 out of 5 (last place), of all Broward agencies that have the FRS.

It is easy to say "we will avoid layoffs at all cost". The fact is BSO has lost more people than it has hired last year! We are losing people to attrition and to other agencies faster than anyone else. Its time to stop the bleeding and give us a FAIR contract. 3, 3, 3, is pathetic. Yes, times are tough we all know that, but how and why can other departments offer more?

As far as the PBA's "agenda" I really dont care. I have no use for Brickman and will NEVER AGAIN contribute to the PBA until he is removed, or he resigns. We need our own chapter so bad. (thats for another time).

My personal feeling is that this offer just doesn't cut it. Last place is not the way I conduct myself on duty and last place is not the way I should be compensated.

My vote is a resounding "NO"

05-03-2008, 12:51 AM
I asked my wife what I should do too and she whispered in my ear...........
...........VOTE YESSSSS BABYYYYY

She wants me to take her on a nice weekend getway with that 1,200.00 RETRO CHECK.

I came home today and told her........

I VOTED YESSSSS BABYYYYY

Mr. Obviousman called me SELLOUT.......but nothing is more obvious thaN MEEEEEEEEE VOTINGGGG YESSSSS BABYYYYYYY.

A duck is a duck bub. If some of us need the better money and you take the easy way out by taking the pennies, you've sold out.

I hope you spend that money well, on a weekend get away? Must be nice not to need a retro check to help pay off bills with or put in a college fund. 5% retro would be more but you enjoy your pennies. Oh, and if you wind up with the better retro check, you'll hear me say I told you so.

Facts are Facts, Let's go to Impasse, a public forum and get an explanation on the money given back every year.

05-03-2008, 04:30 AM
It is easy to manipulate statistics to your advantage, especially when you factor in variables to your advantage.

Here? The home of POWERTRAC -- HA

05-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Any one other then me notice that the Sheriff only goes to downtown CI and SID to push his contract agenda. He went to Pompano once and sent his azz clown Rogers to Weston where he and his rhetoric was not warmly received. If I worked in CI or SID I would be highly insulted that the Sheriff thinks that we can be easily manipulated because your in a specialized unit. That to me says he thinks your weak ,greedy and stupid, prove him wrong vote NO and lets go back to the table and lets fight for what we deserve.

05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I changed my name...how fitting...I voted a resounding YES. Exactly what does resounding mean...does that mean firm...I'll have to look that up:)

Some of you bloggers talk negative about how the sheriff is going around to the different units huh......What about the PBA putting their propaganda in my voting ballot, in my home mail box, and even sent thru email...I guess that's ok huh. It's a joke. There is always TWO sides of the story my friends. I'm glad the Sheriff is explaining HIS side. If someone was calling YOU out...YOU would want to tell your side of the story RIGHT.....

You guys/girls make me laugh...but I still love ya...we agree to disagree

I VOTEDDDDDD YESSSSSS BABYYY