PDA

View Full Version : ENOUGH!!!! Continue If You Want to Be Banned

MOD 1
05-01-2008, 11:54 PM
I have had enough of the name calling on this Message Board.

I just banned 3 posters that I happened to come across that called people names. This violates the Terms of Use and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. I will continue banning Poster(s) that violate the Terms of Use as I come across the posts.

Anyone who is banned has the right to request to have the ban lifted. Lifting of the Ban is not automatic and is at my discretion.

The procedure for requesting to have the ban lifted is at http://leoaffairs.com/forums/banned/ and is accessible even if you are banned from the Message Boards. Some of you might want to Book Mark it now or save it in your Favorites.

Mod 1

05-02-2008, 12:44 AM

I just banned 3 posters that I happened to come across that called people names. This violates the Terms of Use and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. I will continue banning Poster(s) that violate the Terms of Use as I come across the posts.

Anyone who is banned has the right to request to have the ban lifted. Lifting of the Ban is not automatic and is at my discretion.

The procedure for requesting to have the ban lifted is at http://leoaffairs.com/forums/banned/ and is accessible even if you are banned from the Message Boards. Some of you might want to Book Mark it now or save it in your Favorites.

Mod 1

I think you're mean! Stop picking on us. This site is open to all.

I also find your avatar demeaning to law enforcement personnel. Why are you munching on a donut?

05-02-2008, 04:10 AM
We need practical, un-biased moderators...not wannabe school teachers. ENOUGH OF THE NAME CALLING! If you keep it up you will be banned!? Why do people always assume using a threat is going to get them what they want. You want something, ask it...when you start with the threats all you are going to get is more intentional rebellion. Also, what genius believes that getting your post or user name banned from this site is detrimental somehow to anyones life? Go ahead and ban away, we will still be able to access this site...just under a different name or different computer if need be. There is always a way!

MOD 1
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
We need practical, un-biased moderators...not wannabe school teachers.

If the posters on this board would act like Professional Law Enforcement Officers instead of Preschoolers maybe we could treat you that way. The moderators are not biased in any way. They are just enforcing the Terms of Use.

ENOUGH OF THE NAME CALLING! If you keep it up you will be banned!? Why do people always assume using a threat is going to get them what they want. You want something, ask it...when you start with the threats all you are going to get is more intentional rebellion.

I am tired of asking. I have asked so many times on this board and I'm not going to ask any more. How many times would you give a citizen a warning that they needed to comply before they faced consequences?

Also, what genius believes that getting your post or user name banned from this site is detrimental somehow to anyones life? Go ahead and ban away, we will still be able to access this site...just under a different name or different computer if need be. There is always a way!

You have your ways and I have mine. I can usually identify posters who use tactics like you describe and have done so many times in the past.

LEO Affairs has and will go above and beyond to protect the identity of our posters. We have gone all the way to the 2nd District Court of Appeals to protect posters in Hillsborough County. But, if you are Banned and circumvent the ban in any way and continue to post, then we will do nothing to protect your identity in any way. The best thing to do if you get banned, is to either follow the process to request to have the ban lifted or live with the ban and not post at all.

Mod 1

05-03-2008, 01:53 AM

Mod 1

Where have you been the last 6 months where people have been bashing me, calling me names, talking about an open investigation and violating my HIPPA rights by talking about my mental condition and medication. Thanx for nothing moderator and thanx for picking certain threads yet let others go.
Sincerely, Lisa DiSavino

MOD 1
05-03-2008, 02:24 AM
[quote="MOD 1":12ah05zr]I have had enough of the name calling on this Message Board.

Mod 1

Where have you been the last 6 months where people have been bashing me, calling me names, talking about an open investigation and violating my HIPPA rights by talking about my mental condition and medication. Thanx for nothing moderator and thanx for picking certain threads yet let others go.
Sincerely, Lisa DiSavino[/quote:12ah05zr]

When in the last 6 months have you emailed mod420@leoaffairs.com with a complaint about posts being made that violated the Terms of Use?

When did you email me advising me that you emailed mod420@leoaffairs.com and nothing was done about posts that violated the Terms of Use?

I can't answer the first question, but I can answer the second question. Never.

There are nearly 400 Message Boards and Moderators that I over see. I cannot regularly review posts on all of these boards. I generally only get to review posts on most of these boards when complaints are emailed to according to our compliant procedure. Then, I refer the complainer to the instructions on how to file a complaint and this refers them to email their board's moderator. Only after they have filed the complaint with the moderator and either disagree with their decision or don't receive a reply, do I normally get involved. I have to cover all the boards, where there is not an active moderator.

A condensed to the point version which is posted at the very top of your agency's Message Board and has been since 9/27/07. Which is over 7 months.

There is no reason for anybody on this board to claim that they did not know how to file a complaint about violations of the Terms of Use. It has been posted since 9/27/07. Yet, I have only started receiving a lot of complaints in the last week. Before that, there was an occasional complaint. Yet, NONE of these complaints fully met the requirements of the complaint procedure even though it posted on your board.

This board could be very beneficial to both the deputies and the administration IF poster would follow the rules and when they don't, if someone would take a minute out of their precious time to email the moderators. These moderators are volunteering their time to moderate this board for all of you. Would it kill any of you to take a little bit of your time to email them the information that we ask you to, to help them quickly find the exact post you are complaining about?

We all need to help each other out.

Mod 1

05-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I have been ordered by my attorney not to go on this site, however I emailed you yesterday because I found it extremely funny how certain peoples names were deleted yet I have 6 threads about me and of all the language used and name calling (that's being polite) were left up. I just thought I would bring it to your attention. It's selective enforcement, which is exactly what BSO does, so I found it ironic that BSO's selectiveness bleeds onto this site.

05-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black, people violating you Hippa Rights...and what about the laws you broke by doing what you did and how much money was spent invest. your false claim...and it took an atty to "order" you to stop posting here....please get over it and move on with your life.

05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
[quote="Thanx 4 Nothing mod":ubmfzy6p][quote="MOD 1":ubmfzy6p]I have had enough of the name calling on this Message Board.

Mod 1

Sincerely, Lisa DiSavino[/quote:ubmfzy6p]

When in the last 6 months have you emailed mod420@leoaffairs.com with a complaint about posts being made that violated the Terms of Use?

When did you email me advising me that you emailed mod420@leoaffairs.com and nothing was done about posts that violated the Terms of Use?

I can't answer the first question, but I can answer the second question. Never.

There are nearly 400 Message Boards and Moderators that I over see. I cannot regularly review posts on all of these boards. I generally only get to review posts on most of these boards when complaints are emailed to according to our compliant procedure. Then, I refer the complainer to the instructions on how to file a complaint and this refers them to email their board's moderator. Only after they have filed the complaint with the moderator and either disagree with their decision or don't receive a reply, do I normally get involved. I have to cover all the boards, where there is not an active moderator.

A condensed to the point version which is posted at the very top of your agency's Message Board and has been since 9/27/07. Which is over 7 months.

There is no reason for anybody on this board to claim that they did not know how to file a complaint about violations of the Terms of Use. It has been posted since 9/27/07. Yet, I have only started receiving a lot of complaints in the last week. Before that, there was an occasional complaint. Yet, NONE of these complaints fully met the requirements of the complaint procedure even though it posted on your board.

This board could be very beneficial to both the deputies and the administration IF poster would follow the rules and when they don't, if someone would take a minute out of their precious time to email the moderators. These moderators are volunteering their time to moderate this board for all of you. Would it kill any of you to take a little bit of your time to email them the information that we ask you to, to help them quickly find the exact post you are complaining about?

We all need to help each other out.

Mod 1[/quote:ubmfzy6p]

Dear MOD. personally, I think you've done a great job w/the postings. second, I really don't think the above is really Lisa Disavino.

05-05-2008, 01:42 PM
You have your ways and I have mine. I can usually identify posters who use tactics like you describe and have done so many times in the past.

LEO Affairs has and will go above and beyond to protect the identity of our posters. We have gone all the way to the 2nd District Court of Appeals to protect posters in Hillsborough County. But, if you are Banned and circumvent the ban in any way and continue to post, then we will do nothing to protect your identity in any way. The best thing to do if you get banned, is to either follow the process to request to have the ban lifted or live with the ban and not post at all.

Mod 1

Oh no, not my secret identity...NOOOOOOOOOO

05-06-2008, 01:38 AM
I have been ordered by my attorney not to go on this site, however I emailed you yesterday because I found it extremely funny how certain peoples names were deleted yet I have 6 threads about me and of all the language used and name calling (that's being polite) were left up. I just thought I would bring it to your attention. It's selective enforcement, which is exactly what BSO does, so I found it ironic that BSO's selectiveness bleeds onto this site. Be Cool..this too shall pass. Stay Safe TP

05-11-2008, 08:11 PM
We need practical, un-biased moderators...not wannabe school teachers. ENOUGH OF THE NAME CALLING! If you keep it up you will be banned!? Why do people always assume using a threat is going to get them what they want. You want something, ask it...when you start with the threats all you are going to get is more intentional rebellion. Also, what genius believes that getting your post or user name banned from this site is detrimental somehow to anyones life? Go ahead and ban away, we will still be able to access this site...just under a different name or different computer if need be. There is always a way!

Guest: I didn't read it as a threat, I read it as the mod was informing people of the potential consequences of their actions. Frankly, if I was the Chief Mod I wouldn't give anyone breaking the rules a warning I would ban them instantly. The result of breaking the rules ranges from hurting someones feelings, to making someone angry, to ruining someone or some peoples lives. Therefore, if you, as a nasty poster, are frustrated from being banned, I think it is better for you to be frustrated than for the mod to allow you to intentionally hurt someone.

I don't think the moderator owes you an explaination and is over worked. If I was the moderator I wouldn't go out of my way to be nice to you, you don't deserve it.

05-12-2008, 03:50 AM

Guest: I didn't read it as a threat, I read it as the mod was informing people of the potential consequences of their actions. Frankly, if I was the Chief Mod I wouldn't give anyone breaking the rules a warning I would ban them instantly. The result of breaking the rules ranges from hurting someones feelings, to making someone angry, to ruining someone or some peoples lives. Therefore, if you, as a nasty poster, are frustrated from being banned, I think it is better for you to be frustrated than for the mod to allow you to intentionally hurt someone.

I don't think the moderator owes you an explaination and is over worked. If I was the moderator I wouldn't go out of my way to be nice to you, you don't deserve it.

Are you serious or what your last post a joke? Where in that original post did it ask or demand the mod for an explanation to anything and where did it ask the mod to be nice to the poster? Do I need 3-D glasses to see the missing text?

05-12-2008, 03:54 AM
It looks like everyone is missing the point. We are not children that sit in front of a computer with all of our free time. That being said, threatening to ban someone from posting on the site is ridiculous and will not deter or stop anything. If your name gets banned, you could always use another...or you could just read and not post...or ultimately use another computer. Threatening to ban is not going to stop what so many people do on this site, period. It may deflect it, but that is about it. If you don't like people utilizing the first amendment about issues that can't air at work due to consequences, then just get rid of the site...or make people have to sign up to use it.

05-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Are you serious or what your last post a joke? Where in that original post did it ask or demand the mod for an explanation to anything and where did it ask the mod to be nice to the poster? Do I need 3-D glasses to see the missing text?

I was serious. And you don't need 3-D glasses as you are correct, there is no mention above regarding an explaination or about being nice. It was just that I was actually kinda shocked at the moderators reply, and I was just trying to say he or she went above and beyond what I would have done, that's all.