PDA

View Full Version : WHY I'M VOTING NO

04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I CAN'T REMEMBER US BEING IN A BETTER POSISTION TO RIGHT WRONGS AND GET A FAIR CONTRACT. THIS SHERIFF WAS APPOINTED. HE IS UP FOR ELECTION. HE IS A REPUBLICAN IN A DEMOCRAT COUNTY. HE NEEDS US DESPITE WHAT HIS CRONIES ARE TELLING HIM. VOTE NO AND EITHER HE WILL GIVE US A FAIR RAISE OR HE WILL BE VOTED OUT. IF HE'S VOTED OUT WE CAN OPEN UP NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE NEW SHERIFF. MAYBE ASKING FOR 7/7/7 AND GETTING 5/5/5. I BET THIS SHERIFF WILL DEAL.

04-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Thats what I and the PBA Reps have been saying all along. Its good to see that Deputies see what an advantageous position we are in. I only hope they use it to their advantage and not let the opportunity slip away.

05-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Thats what I and the PBA Reps have been saying all along. Its good to see that Deputies see what an advantageous position we are in. I only hope they use it to their advantage and not let the opportunity slip away.

I am not voting for Lamberti either.

05-01-2008, 12:21 AM

I am not voting for Lamberti either.

Nobody cares.....

05-01-2008, 12:46 AM
I CAN'T REMEMBER US BEING IN A BETTER POSISTION TO RIGHT WRONGS AND GET A FAIR CONTRACT. THIS SHERIFF WAS APPOINTED. HE IS UP FOR ELECTION. HE IS A REPUBLICAN IN A DEMOCRAT COUNTY. HE NEEDS US DESPITE WHAT HIS CRONIES ARE TELLING HIM. VOTE NO AND EITHER HE WILL GIVE US A FAIR RAISE OR HE WILL BE VOTED OUT. IF HE'S VOTED OUT WE CAN OPEN UP NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE NEW SHERIFF. MAYBE ASKING FOR 7/7/7 AND GETTING 5/5/5. I BET THIS SHERIFF WILL DEAL.

Hey moron, you will be opening negotiations with a sheriff that just got voted in and has 4 years to go and another contract to negotiate before his tenure is up. Why would he want to give a great deal right when he gets in. He would as least wait until the next contract, when he will be up for re-election. Think before you write, otherwise you end up sounding really unintelligent.

05-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Yeah, and calling someone a moron because you disagree with them make you sound like a real genius. Why do so many of the Lamberti supporters resort to name calling and insults? Can't conduct an intelligent debate based on the issues? Maybe it's because the facts support a NO vote. And remember jsut because I vote NO, doesn't mean I prefer a candidate other than Lamberti. But I will not vote for him just because he is perceived to be a good guy. He must take care of his people if he wants to remain in office

05-01-2008, 02:19 AM

Hey moron, you will be opening negotiations with a sheriff that just got voted in and has 4 years to go and another contract to negotiate before his tenure is up. Why would he want to give a great deal right when he gets in. He would as least wait until the next contract, when he will be up for re-election. Think before you write, otherwise you end up sounding really unintelligent.

Thats why we vote this contract down, go back to the table and not settle for less then the 5%,5%,5% that we deserve. Then we vote out Lamberti and we wont have to negotiate with the new Sheriff until hes been in Office for over 2 years. Thats a really great idea thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Vote No to the Contract
Vote No to Sheriff Lamberti
Vote yes for a new Sheriff!!!!

05-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Say what you want....I'M VOTING YESSSSS BABBBYY

Don't forget, ALL the deputies that are NOT in the PBA get to vote too BABBYYYYYY.

Wonder how they will vote hmmmmmm should be interesting.

I'M VOTING YESSSSSSS BABYYYY

05-01-2008, 11:58 AM
In respose to the first post.....

Yes the Sheriff was recently appointed and maybe under normal conditions it may have been a great time to negotitate. However, Sheriff Lamberti is stuck with circumstances way beyond his control. We don't know the full effects of tax cuts approved last year, We are still waiting to see how residents will vote on new tax cuts. Both of these issues are being compounded by the current RECESSION.....1 out of every 97 home loans in Broward are in foreclosure, gas is at $4 a gallon and unemployment is spiking......

Meanwhile, we're being offered a 3% increase, our healthcare premiums will remain the same, some specialized positions will get supplemental pay increases and we still have our take home cars........

And what has the PBA done.........They've taken a stance against this Sheriff that has never been seen before.......Their actions give rise to the impression that the PBA has their own agenda.......

We are 1/6 through this current contract periods, if approved. Hopefully, in two and a half years when its time for the new contract the economy will have improved...Thats the time to push......

These negotiations have ripped us apart......we have turned on each other.....its well known that PBA board members are lobbying for other candidates......

Where was the PBA when Jenne was in office???? Why didn't the PBA push Jenne for larger pay and benefit increases when the economy was booming?????

Have we really give Lamberti a fair chance????

I'm voting YES on the current proposal......and I'm voting for Sheriff Lamberti....

05-01-2008, 09:10 PM

Yes the Sheriff was recently appointed and maybe under normal conditions it may have been a great time to negotitate. However, Sheriff Lamberti is stuck with circumstances way beyond his control. We don't know the full effects of tax cuts approved last year, We are still waiting to see how residents will vote on new tax cuts. Both of these issues are being compounded by the current RECESSION.....1 out of every 97 home loans in Broward are in foreclosure, gas is at $4 a gallon and unemployment is spiking......

Meanwhile, we're being offered a 3% increase, our healthcare premiums will remain the same, some specialized positions will get supplemental pay increases and we still have our take home cars........

And what has the PBA done.........They've taken a stance against this Sheriff that has never been seen before.......Their actions give rise to the impression that the PBA has their own agenda.......

We are 1/6 through this current contract periods, if approved. Hopefully, in two and a half years when its time for the new contract the economy will have improved...Thats the time to push......

These negotiations have ripped us apart......we have turned on each other.....its well known that PBA board members are lobbying for other candidates......

Where was the PBA when Jenne was in office???? Why didn't the PBA push Jenne for larger pay and benefit increases when the economy was booming?????

I'm voting YES on the current proposal......and I'm voting for Sheriff Lamberti....

Boy are you spreading it on real thick, AGAIN.

The PBA is standing up for the membership because the membership has requested or some may even say demanded they stand up for us. Remember the PERC election a few months ago? New PBA Reps were elected and everyone was supposed to be on board with righting the wrongs of the previous administration.

NO ONE on the PBA/BSO Board has mentioned (at least in the public meetings) that if we go to impasse, an arbitrator will give us 5%. They have gone out of their way to explain that the arbitrator / Special Master gives his advice on the contract but that the Sheriff has the final say. If we go to impasse, the imposed contract is for one budget year (you know, the one that we're half way through). To borrow from a previous post see what other departments have received while the economy was on it's way to the toilet:

-Lighthouse Point: '06-'09 received 4-4-4% & tops out @ $66,647.00

-Coconut Creek: '07-'08 received 4.5% & a pay for performance of 5%,
4% or 3%.

-Hillsboro Beach: '07-'10 received 7-7-7%

-Sea Ranch Lakes: '07-'10 received 5-5-5% and S/L payouts of 50% for less than 10 yrs. & 100% if more than 10 yrs.

These are just the PBA contracts that are current. I believe Miramar just signed a 20 yr. and out retirement at 80% with a 4% multiplier.

So much for tough economic times huh? If other departments have received fair contracts, we should too.

The take-home car 'privilege" benefits them just as much if not more that us. Have you ever seen a car that runs for sixteen hours? Some will run more if somebody else’s car is down for repairs. The cars last twice as long. Why do you think we're not the only ones with take-homes nowadays?

The only one who has mentioned layoffs is the Sheriff himself referring to cutting back if the budget cuts are deep. Gee how deep is that when there is a fifty million dollar buffer in the bank. The Sheriff's Office has given back millions of dollars to the County Commission over the past seven years. Thirty three million just last year. He's on par to give back fifty million this year alone. It's public record and the PBA has the Info.

You sound just like another blogger on this thread. Let's take this offer now but boy let's get ready for next time. Why not fight now? How do you know the economy will be better next time? I agree that this way of thinking is selling out. Everybody admits we're behind in pay but nobody want's to do what has to be done to correct the problem.

You stated, "Everyone on the PBA is posturing to endear themselves with the other candidates."

There are some of us who don't believe in the PBA conspiracy theory that Brickman is looking to smear our Sheriff. The current board has given their seal of disapproval and I'm with them. I do believe Sheriff Lamberti is the best candidate. I believe our Sheriff is playing hardball with us and those who are looking to gain something are openly in support of his offer, in the hopes they will be rewarded. That's how politics have been played here since before Navarro. Until we as a group stand up for ourselves, we'll always be selling ourselves short. If some want to prostitute themselves for their own personal gain, they will have to live by their decision. But by doing so (knowing that it's been done by several deputies before) it goes against what we are supposed to stand for, truth, honesty and integrity. Go ahead and sell your brothers and sisters out. I guess the "Brotherhood" is dead. Maybe that's why we've had the dark times we've recently had.

Yes, we should have been more vocal during the past nine years, but the political (slight of mouth) machine was in overdrive. With our new Exec. Board and our determination for a fair contract, we can succeed in getting what we deserve.

You can vote NO for the contract but still support Lamberti in the election

YES = Stuck for three years with below the cost of living wage increases (no matter who is elected Sheriff.). We will be the lowest paid FRS agency in South Florida.

NO = Imposed one year contract (the same 3% we'd be getting anyway) that expires in six months. We'll be negotiating with the Sheriff again before the election.

IF WE DON'T STAND TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR WHAT WE DESERVE, WE'LL GET WHAT WE DESERVE .... NOTHING!

05-01-2008, 10:00 PM

You are ignorant to the facts. It's alarming how many deputies really don't know what's going on. Fact: We (DLE) have been paying more than the rest of BSO for years. They have finally caught up to us. Fact: Lamberti admitted he has money. Fact: County Commissioners have said Lame-Berti can spend his money any way he wants. Fact: Lame-Berti only cares about his top heavy administration to get this garbage contract passed. I hope you guys will shut your stupid mouths if you vote yes on this crap. If we hold out it's suicide for Lame-Berti. That's why he's trying to sell this. If it was so good, he wouldn't need to push it and send out threats to the PBA reps. VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm voting yes all the way because Jenne left behind some business that Lamberti cannot change at this point....It's a great contract...

05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I am voting YES also.

05-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Very well said, I am too voting yes!!!!!!!!!!

05-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I voted yes too:)

05-02-2008, 02:43 AM
I voted no!!!

VOTE NO, VOTE EARLY and VOTE OFTEN!!!

05-02-2008, 02:44 AM
I can't remember a no to any contract vote in over 20 years. They always get voted in.

05-02-2008, 03:05 AM
I voted YES.....

05-02-2008, 03:08 AM
I voted YES.....

Me too and so did my shift

05-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Osama for PBA

05-02-2008, 03:17 AM
I voted YES.....

Me too and so did my shift

What Shift was that hmmmm???

05-02-2008, 03:19 AM
I can't remember a no to any contract vote in over 20 years. They always get voted in.

What about the first Jenne contract in 2001, we voted that down and received a significantly higher raise then the Sheriffs original offer. Im taking a gamble and voting no because I think we deserve better.

05-03-2008, 01:07 AM

05-03-2008, 04:12 AM
no it is-i agree

05-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Remember the math everyone:

Sheriff Lamberti gave back $33 Million last year + 3%,3%,3%=VOTE NO

05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm going to have to change my name to

VOTEDDDD YESSSSS BABYYYY

05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Remember the math everyone:

Sheriff Lamberti gave back $33 Million last year + 3%,3%,3%=VOTE NO

Not that it makes a big difference, but Jenne gave back 33 Million last year. Looks like the Sheriff is on par to give back close to 50 million this year.

Does 3-3-3 sound fair now ?

05-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Absolutely not, thus the NO vote I cast today.