PDA

View Full Version : PBA

04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
PBA SAYS .... " GIVE US ANOTHER CHANCE TO SCREW YOU", WE KNOW WE SCREWED YOU FOR 20 + YEARS, AND IUPA GOT YOU SOME THINGS,,,,,,,,,, BUT..................LET US DO IT TO YOU AGAIN.... SO WHAT HAPPENS??????? SEVERAL PEOPLE GET BRAINWASHED AND THEN WOOOLA PBA IS BACK IN TOWN WITH THE

1 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR GUYS
2 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
3 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
4 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
5 YEAR WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
6 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
7 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
8 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
9 YEAR - WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
10 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
11 YEAR WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
12 YEAR- WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
13 YEAR- JUST WAT TIL NEXT YEAR
14 YEAR- AW COME ON WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
15 YEAR- WE PROMISE WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
16 YEAR- IUPA IS GETTING CLOSE, BUT WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR
17 -JUST WAIT GUYS NEXT YEAR WILL BE BETTER
18 YEAR- TALLAHASSEE SAYS WE ARE ON BOARD FOR NEXT YEAR
19 YEAR- JUST WAIT
20 YEAR WAIT TIL AFTER IUPA LEAVES
THIS WAS THE ENTIRE PLAN................
IF YOU ARE STILL A MEMEBER OF PBA AFTER THIS WEEKEND YOU
# 1 SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF GIVING YOUR MONEY AWAY LIKE THAT, AND # 2 YOU SHOULD LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THEIR "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR PLAN" ......

tHIS IS BY FAR THE WORST COP UNION I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
No, this is the worst state you have ever seen. Troopers are also to blame because we never stand up against this state. We just take our beating and go right back to work writing 40 tickets a week. We all need to stand up and not tolerate this anymore!

angrytrooper
04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I agree. We need to ALL stop writing tickets. That means the whole state. If we dont ALL do it then it wont have any affect. You know you will still have those troopers that like to show their supervisors how many tickets are on their weekly. "I hope my sgt. will be proud of me." Come on. Stop kissing butt and write warnings only!!!

04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
I agree that pba SUCKS!! I have heard the same thing over and over, "Wait till next year" and "The sky's the limit". For all the years we had pba, they didn't do jack, then IUPA came in and during there time as our union, they had the best chance to get us the $500 a year for ten years, but no, pba had to stick there nose in IPUA's business and block that raise. Then pba comes back in and tries to get the same raise IUPA had attempted and pba wanted to take claim for this raise. Now you see how powerful pba is....not too. I'll make it easy for pba to contact me, I work in the St. Augustine staion, come blow some more smoke up my @ss. Looking forward to another union...[/b]

04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I agree that pba SUCKS!! I have heard the same thing over and over, "Wait till next year" and "The sky's the limit". For all the years we had pba, they didn't do jack, then IUPA came in and during there time as our union, they had the best chance to get us the $500 a year for ten years, but no, pba had to stick there nose in IPUA's business and block that raise. Then pba comes back in and tries to get the same raise IUPA had attempted and pba wanted to take claim for this raise. Now you see how powerful pba is....not too. I'll make it easy for pba to contact me, I work in the St. Augustine staion, come blow some more smoke up my @ss. Looking forward to another union...[/b]

We got hardly no raise with the other union one year when PBA got there people a lot more. The state is the problem not any union.

04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Because Florida is a "right to work" state, unions have limited power to do anything to force the state to give out raises. I call what we do "collective begging" for whatever scraps the state will throw our way.
The union isn't the problem the legislature is.

04-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I would like to know where was Sen. Pruitt was on Sunday during the closed door meetings? We were told he was our biggest supporter during the budget talks. He let Sen Carlton make the choice to not give us our raise. I thought he was the Senate President and controled what went on in the Senate. I guess we now know who runs the Senate now.

04-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I agree. We need to ALL stop writing tickets. That means the whole state. If we dont ALL do it then it wont have any affect. You know you will still have those troopers that like to show their supervisors how many tickets are on their weekly. "I hope my sgt. will be proud of me." Come on. Stop kissing butt and write warnings only!!!

I am with you!

05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
PBA REPS ARE LIKE SMILING CAR SALESMEN; IF YOU FALL FOR THEIR LINE, YOU'RE SCREWED.

05-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Just remember, IUPA failed to secure a raise or a step plan when the state had a budget surplus. The IUPA supporters blame that on PBA. IF IUPA is so powerful and great, why did they let PBA derail the "IUPA" raise? I am not a big PBA fan but IUPA can not use the tactics they use up north and expect the Florida Legislature to listen. Maybe there is another organization out there (FAST) that will step up to the plate.

05-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Just remember, IUPA failed to secure a raise or a step plan when the state had a budget surplus. The IUPA supporters blame that on PBA. IF IUPA is so powerful and great, why did they let PBA derail the "IUPA" raise? I am not a big PBA fan but IUPA can not use the tactics they use up north and expect the Florida Legislature to listen. Maybe there is another organization out there (FAST) that will step up to the plate.

PBA will take your dues and side with the oppisition. Don't trust them.

05-03-2008, 02:58 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m79/luckyslugger/Miscallaneous/man_pat_on_the_back_boy_lg_nwm.gif

YEAH, we did it! C I told you guys you were in for a raise..... No party necessary, just doing our jobs that you pay us for.....

05-03-2008, 04:19 PM
FAST would be a joke. Yes I am a member. I also belong to PBA. FAST does not have the resources or clout to be a bargaining agent. They would fare no better than IUPA. It has been said many times the problem is the legislature not the bargaining agent. Carlton is gone next year due to term limits and Pruitt will not be the senate President next year. We have a shot at getting it done.......I won't say the rest......

05-03-2008, 05:28 PM
IUPA was the group that signed away the step pay play, lest ye forget.

05-03-2008, 05:32 PM
IUPA was the group that signed away the step pay play, lest ye forget.

What?? IUPA wasn't even here! Lyin' Lawton Chiles got rid of step in the early 90's! IUPA got us the 40 hour work week, patrol car insurance during off-duty, pay increases when other agencie got none, and a whole lot more. Best of all, they represented members who were looking at getting time off or fired and saved them by activly going after managament, not lying with them.

05-03-2008, 09:58 PM
What?? IUPA wasn't even here! Lyin' Lawton Chiles got rid of step in the early 90's! IUPA got us the 40 hour work week, patrol car insurance during off-duty, pay increases when other agencie got none, and a whole lot more. Best of all, they represented members who were looking at getting time off or fired and saved them by activly going after managament, not lying with them.

Ummm...no sir! Don't take the credit away from Col. Knight in for the "pay increases when other agencies got none." We got that salary adjustment from the hard work and legislative know-how of Colonel Knight's LBR (Legislative Budget Request). And I can tell you for a fact that the PBA actively and aggressively goes after management for disciplinary issues involving troopers....that's not sole proprietary issues that only IUPA can handle....PLEASE???

By the way...when are you guys going to update your outdated website??? And just for the record....what did IUPA do for us this year???

05-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Chiles stopped the step pay plan. IUPA got 40 hours in a week without off setting in the 28 day period, patrol car insurance. Knight couldn't deal with IUPA, since they wouldn' be his puppet. He knew PBA would and politicted hard at every district meeting for the trooper's to re-elect them. It's the new people (number's) that got PBA back in. They targeted the new ones for the vote, since the knew better than try it with the old timers and the the ones that knew them. The old timers know them all too well and will never vote for them. Sorry new guys but you got duped when you voted for PBA. I don't blame you but rather PBA for targeting you.

05-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Ummm...no sir! Don't take the credit away from Col. Knight in for the "pay increases when other agencies got none." We got that salary adjustment from the hard work and legislative know-how of Colonel Knight's LBR (Legislative Budget Request). And I can tell you for a fact that the PBA actively and aggressively goes after management for disciplinary issues involving troopers....that's not sole proprietary issues that only IUPA can handle....PLEASE???

By the way...when are you guys going to update your outdated website??? And just for the record....what did IUPA do for us this year???

If you ever go through an internal investigation, it will be crystal clear of which union you should belong. After 25 years as a trooper, I have seen too many troopers lose their jobs because of ineffective counsel by PBA. PBA wiil do and I repeat will do, whatever the colonel wants, whoever the colonel at the time happens to be. If that means you being dismissed, then so be it. Any union has to work with the brass, but not be their puppet and go along with trumped up charges against the trooper. I have seen many instances over the years where a trooper is fighting for his job and PBA would send a union rep to the hearing and not one of their attorneys. Excuse me but any trooper that is on the verge of being fired needs an attorney and not a union rep. You can belong to whatever union you choose. When it comes to a BOI investigation, you better have one that will defend you when BOI comes after you and want's your blood. I recommend FAST, but again it's your choice.

05-04-2008, 04:35 PM
The step plan was officially killed during Bush's reign under IUPA's watch. It was not funded during the Chiles years but it was still there and used as a recruiting tool. IUPA did some good things but getting us paid was not one of them.

05-04-2008, 04:59 PM

Ummm...no sir! Don't take the credit away from Col. Knight in for the "pay increases when other agencies got none." We got that salary adjustment from the hard work and legislative know-how of Colonel Knight's LBR (Legislative Budget Request). Knight just happened to be the Col. during a time when post hurricane tax dollars were plentiful. Don't you get the country is in a recession or do you think we are some commodity that the State of Florida just can't do without? Sit down, hang on, shut up, and enjoy the ride. We'll never be paid like other So. Fla. PDs. And I can tell you for a fact that the PBA actively and aggressively goes after management for disciplinary issues involving troopers....that's not sole proprietary issues that only IUPA can handle....PLEASE???

If you ever go through an internal investigation, it will be crystal clear of which union you should belong. After 25 years as a trooper, I have seen too many troopers lose their jobs because of ineffective counsel by PBA. PBA wiil do and I repeat will do, whatever the colonel wants, whoever the colonel at the time happens to be. If that means you being dismissed, then so be it. Any union has to work with the brass, but not be their puppet and go along with trumped up charges against the trooper. I have seen many instances over the years where a trooper is fighting for his job and PBA would send a union rep to the hearing and not one of their attorneys. Excuse me but any trooper that is on the verge of being fired needs an attorney and not a union rep. You can belong to whatever union you choose. When it comes to a BOI investigation, you better have one that will defend you when BOI comes after you and want's your blood. I recommend FAST, but again it's your choice.

Lamont, R. Knight, Tharpe are good examples of FAST's ability to retain the proper counsel. Darby's attorney was a PBA attorney and he lost a no brainer case.
You need to belong to something and only a fool thinks if you do your job you don't need representative. Don't you think management wants to know if your representation is sound and not paid for by you.