PDA

View Full Version : EVERGLADES GOT A 50 MILLION PAY RAISE

04-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Legislative budget leaders have agreed to spend $50 million on restoration next year, a quarter of what has been spent in recent years. The decision late Sunday reversed a plan not to spend anything.

Just a few hours earlier, budget leaders had agreed to suspend the state's contribution for a year as part of efforts to cut about $5 billion in overall state spending due to declining tax revenues.

The state has spent nearly $2.4 billion on the Everglades over the past seven years. The federal government, though, has contributed only about $360 million to what's supposed to be an equal partnership.

04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Legislative budget leaders have agreed to spend $50 million on restoration next year, a quarter of what has been spent in recent years. The decision late Sunday reversed a plan not to spend anything.

Just a few hours earlier, budget leaders had agreed to suspend the state's contribution for a year as part of efforts to cut about $5 billion in overall state spending due to declining tax revenues.

The state has spent nearly $2.4 billion on the Everglades over the past seven years. The federal government, though, has contributed only about $360 million to what's supposed to be an equal partnership.

The Army Corp of Engineer is the one who screwed the everglades . the federal government should pay for the repairs , not the state.

The 2.5 billion dollars the state has spent to fix the everglades could have been spent on all of our state LEO's pay raise.

04-28-2008, 03:52 PM
So why does FL insist on keeping troopers poor? It is very obvious by now that it is not a money issue. The issue is the government wants to keep us poor. Anyone care to venture as to why?

04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
bump

04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
So why does FL insist on keeping troopers poor? It is very obvious by now that it is not a money issue. The issue is the government wants to keep us poor. Anyone care to venture as to why?

THE LIST OF PEOPLE THAT HATE TROOPERS IS TOO LONG TO POST.

LEGISLATORS
OTHER POLICE
CRIMINALS
RICH PEOPLE
POVERTY STRICKEN
THE LAME
THE DEAF
THE DUMB
LAWYERS
JUDGES
INSURANCE COMPANIES
DRUNKS
DRUGGIES
SOME FELLOW TROOPERS
SOME EX-TROOPERS
EX-SPOUSES
CHILDREN OF TROOPERS
IN-LAWS

When I talk to retirees, they all say "I didn't realize how many people hate us till I left and started to hear their comments. They blame Troopers for everything like some people blame George Bush for everything." It is amazing that we even got 5%. If you want to be liked, go work for UPS. Everybody likes you when you are bringing them something instead of giving them a fine.

04-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Everybody likes you when you are bringing them something instead of giving them a fine.

Well people are going to love me then because instead of handing out tickets on x50s I will be handing out candy. Everyone spread the cheer!!!!

04-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Why $50 million for the Everglades????? It's swamp water and grass!!! Now you tell me where that money is really going to?

04-29-2008, 01:16 AM
The mighty Fl Gov was on FOX NEWS this morning. When introduced and asked how was Florida he said, " Increasing teachers pay and saving the Everglades".

04-29-2008, 03:19 AM
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL ARE THE CLEANING IN THE EVERGLADES I BELIVE THEY WERE HERE LONG BEORE ANY OF US AND THEY STILL CONTINUE TO STAND, WHAT ARE THEY CLEANING GATORS, WHAT. I HAVE SOME BUDDIES THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF THE GATOR PROBLEM.

I AM SERIOUS SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED

04-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Nothing needs to be cleaned... It is all just a front for the state to hide money for themselves and line their own pockets with millions of our taxpayer dollars. I remember when a news report stated that a toilet seat at the White House costs $600, You have got to be kidding me. You know that was just another cover to hide money and show that it was spent on something. Florida is one of the largest tourist states in the country, which generates millions of dollars for the state. Where is all of that money that was pumped into the Florida economy? Not in any of our paychecks.

04-30-2008, 03:30 AM
For those who aren't S. Florida, the problem is, that all the fish in eastern everglades of western dade and broward, are so contaminated with Mercury, they are inedible. And this is spreading west. Fish in Turner River area are edible only once a month if your foolish enough to eat them at all. The water in Florida Bay, once a fish nursery, had become more salty due to the no flow of fresh water to it from Dade. And no longer has the juvenile fish it once had. Yes the corp caused this problem, and feds should pay for it, but don't hold your breath. And no one is sure where this Mercury came from or it is or is not getting into the ground water. If nothing is done, the Keys will only be for drinking and diving as fishing will be history. And the Mercury? They are sticking their heads in the sand about that from what I have seen.