PDA

View Full Version : Down Size FHP

04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey no need to down size FHP they don't have to do that, they had a plan the hole time. They knew that if they didn't give us that nice pay raise then there will be a mass departure of Troopers, so they don't have to worry about cutting positions. All they had to do was string us along and then drop the bomb last minute and now watch all the FHP numbers leave in mass. They have accomplished their master plan to reduce the patrol without laying anyone off. WOW. This must have been the plan the hole time. Hope my kids understand when they grow up and I try to explain to them that they didn't get to go to college becouse I could not afford to pay for that becouse we could never get any pay raises. Oh well maybe next year or next year or the the next year or hey there's always the year after those year's, WOW what a neverending term Next Year. What about those that decide to stay after the masses leave. Going to be very busy for those few Troopers that dont leave. Sounds like there might be alot of brass working the roadways soon. Thanks for he 5% I'll turn the other cheack and take another smack down next year. What a joke. Can we get a mass order of vasaline to go with our screwing that we keep getting. CYA time to go. Good luck all and stay safe.

04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
TALLY LITERALLY HAS BLOOD ON ITS HANDS IN THE FORM OF THE DEAD AND INJURED, FROM CRASHES, BY NOT PROPERLY FUNDING FHP TROOPERS. TOO THEM ITS JUST A BIG CHESS GAME. YOU CAN ONLY BEAT A DOG SO MUCH BEFORE IT TURNS ON YOU. MOST TROOPERS THAT I HAVE MET COULD DO ALOT MORE WITH THEIR LIVES. ( START BUSINESSES, RUN FOR PUBLIC OFFICES, MOVE UP IN THE COOPERATE WORLD, ETC, ETC..) BUT THEY CHOSE TO SPEND THEIR DAYS IN THE SEVICE OF A CAUSE GREATER THAN THEMSELVES. AS AN INDIVIDUAL, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GET THROUGH THE MAZE OF THE HIRING PROCESS, SURVIVE THE TRIAL BY FIRE OF THE RECRUIT ACADEMY, PASS FTO AND THEN ARE ABLE TO ABIDE BY THE LAWS AND POLICYS THRUST UPON YOU WHILE DEALING WITH AT TIMES THE WORST SOCIETY HAS TO OFFER ( FOR YEARS ON END) YOU DESERVED TO BE PROPERLY COMPENSATED. NO TROOPER THAT I HAVE EVER MET EVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD GET RICH BY PURSUING THIS CAREER. THE INTANGIBLE REWARDS WERE WHAT MOST OF US WERE LOOKING FOR. BUT FOR GODS SAKE ,CAN WE ATLEAST KEEP UP WITH INFLATION!?

04-28-2008, 11:55 AM
TALLY LITERALLY HAS BLOOD ON ITS HANDS IN THE FORM OF THE DEAD AND INJURED, FROM CRASHES, BY NOT PROPERLY FUNDING FHP TROOPERS. TOO THEM ITS JUST A BIG CHESS GAME. YOU CAN ONLY BEAT A DOG SO MUCH BEFORE IT TURNS ON YOU. MOST TROOPERS THAT I HAVE MET COULD DO ALOT MORE WITH THEIR LIVES. ( START BUSINESSES, RUN FOR PUBLIC OFFICES, MOVE UP IN THE COOPERATE WORLD, ETC, ETC..) BUT THEY CHOSE TO SPEND THEIR DAYS IN THE SEVICE OF A CAUSE GREATER THAN THEMSELVES. AS AN INDIVIDUAL, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GET THROUGH THE MAZE OF THE HIRING PROCESS, SURVIVE THE TRIAL BY FIRE OF THE RECRUIT ACADEMY, PASS FTO AND THEN ARE ABLE TO ABIDE BY THE LAWS AND POLICYS THRUST UPON YOU WHILE DEALING WITH AT TIMES THE WORST SOCIETY HAS TO OFFER ( FOR YEARS ON END) YOU DESERVED TO BE PROPERLY COMPENSATED. NO TROOPER THAT I HAVE EVER MET EVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD GET RICH BY PURSUING THIS CAREER. THE INTANGIBLE REWARDS WERE WHAT MOST OF US WERE LOOKING FOR. BUT FOR GODS SAKE ,CAN WE ATLEAST KEEP UP WITH INFLATION!?

AWESOME POST! 5% WILL NOT EVEN PAY FOR THE COST OF GAS, LET ALONE THE COST OF FOOD.

04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Wow, be grateful that you're getting anything. Try being a probation officer. Same sh*tty starting pay, same lack of step-pay plan, no raise AND we have to use our own personal vehicles to do all of our field work with not one cent towards maintenance. At least you guys are all certified leo and can get hired on at another dept. So, before you complain about the measly pay raise you're getting, just remember the REST OF THE ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEE BANK IS GETTING NOTHING.

04-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow, be grateful that you're getting anything. Try being a probation officer. Same sh*tty starting pay, same lack of step-pay plan, no raise AND we have to use our own personal vehicles to do all of our field work with not one cent towards maintenance. At least you guys are all certified leo and can get hired on at another dept. So, before you complain about the measly pay raise you're getting, just remember the REST OF THE ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEE BANK IS GETTING NOTHING.

Wow, gotta agree on some of this. Have a good friend who is a PO; man, they do get the short end of the stick. Same nights/weekend/holidays; no backup; no radio communication; have to buy their own weapons; and have to use their family cars with no reimbursement except mileage. While I'm glad my Troopers are getting a raise some of you should step back and realize not everyone did so well this year with the budget and many are in worse condition than you. Stay safe brothers!!

04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
The 5% raise equals about $1700 per year. Guys I've had it. I have to move on. Good luck to my brothers who stay

04-28-2008, 01:11 PM

DON'T WORRY - THE LEGISLATURE WILL GIVE EVERYBODY ELSE A RAISE NEXT YEAR BUT TELL FHP "YOU GOT YOURS LAST YEAR" :shock:

04-28-2008, 05:12 PM

Wow, gotta agree on some of this. Have a good friend who is a PO; man, they do get the short end of the stick. Same nights/weekend/holidays; no backup; no radio communication; have to buy their own weapons; and have to use their family cars with no reimbursement except mileage. While I'm glad my Troopers are getting a raise some of you should step back and realize not everyone did so well this year with the budget and many are in worse condition than you. Stay safe brothers!!

AGREE

04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Wow, be grateful that you're getting anything. Try being a probation officer. Same sh*tty starting pay, same lack of step-pay plan, no raise AND we have to use our own personal vehicles to do all of our field work with not one cent towards maintenance. At least you guys are all certified leo and can get hired on at another dept. So, before you complain about the measly pay raise you're getting, just remember the REST OF THE ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEE BANK IS GETTING NOTHING.

AGREE[/quote:1gr5md4o]

So I should be happy be they TOTALLY screwed other state employees and only half-way screwed me? Get a life. We were all screwed and should fight back. This state is 100% wrong!

04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Wow, be grateful that you're getting anything. Try being a probation officer. Same sh*tty starting pay, same lack of step-pay plan, no raise AND we have to use our own personal vehicles to do all of our field work with not one cent towards maintenance. At least you guys are all certified leo and can get hired on at another dept. So, before you complain about the measly pay raise you're getting, just remember the REST OF THE ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEE BANK IS GETTING NOTHING.

AGREE

So I should be happy be they TOTALLY screwed other state employees and only half-way screwed me? Get a life. We were all screwed and should fight back. This state is 100% wrong![/quote:2chc3g23]

GOOD POST

04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey no need to down size FHP they don't have to do that, they had a plan the hole time. They knew that if they didn't give us that nice pay raise then there will be a mass departure of Troopers, so they don't have to worry about cutting positions. All they had to do was string us along and then drop the bomb last minute and now watch all the FHP numbers leave in mass. They have accomplished their master plan to reduce the patrol without laying anyone off. WOW. This must have been the plan the hole time. Hope my kids understand when they grow up and I try to explain to them that they didn't get to go to college becouse I could not afford to pay for that becouse we could never get any pay raises. Oh well maybe next year or next year or the the next year or hey there's always the year after those year's, WOW what a neverending term Next Year. What about those that decide to stay after the masses leave. Going to be very busy for those few Troopers that dont leave. Sounds like there might be alot of brass working the roadways soon. Thanks for he 5% I'll turn the other cheack and take another smack down next year. What a joke. Can we get a mass order of vasaline to go with our screwing that we keep getting. CYA time to go. Good luck all and stay safe.

wow