PDA

View Full Version : Final Report

04-28-2008, 12:17 AM
All,

Today, Senator Carlton and Representative Sansom met for their final conference meetings. You all have worked extremely hard and represented our agency admirably. Bear in mind that 199 probation officers are going to be laid off this year. Additionaly, the Legislature is cutting their own salaries by 5%. The legislature took the position that in a year that agencies were facing layoffs and pay cuts, they could not in good faith provide the sigificant increases we would have received if our funding source was adopted. Having said that, the legislature agreed to give Troopers a 5% pay increase effective October 1. While this is not near what we had worked and hoped for, it is difficult, given the rest of the state's problems, to view this as anything other than a positive sign that they are beginning to listen to you. We will continue to work to solve our compression issues through every posible venue. In the meantime, please continue to make contact with your legislators, foster strong relationships, and don't give up. We will accept graciously what we were able to gain this year and continue to build on it.

-Tim Roufa

04-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Kepp the 5% I will make up for that working 208 until I leave.....WHoooooo . Total gayness.

04-28-2008, 12:29 AM
[quote="Tim Roufa"]All,

Holy crap, Tim you did a great job and tried, and I admire your positive post. However, they knew what they were going to do the whole time, you (the PBA) were lied too. Bill Smith backed off the media when he shouldn't have. These legislatures pull the same stunt every year and the unions fall for it. Politics is a dirty game an the the PBA failed to play it right. Of course they told you they were going to support it, they shake your hand tell what you want to hear, keep you their friend an at the end screw you. The PBA di what they were told-separate 2nd come up with an alternate funding source and you did. But it didn't work did it. They lied. The media blitz should've never stopped. Bill Smith tried to do it all himself, he played a fixed poker game an lost.

04-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Tim you are truly a class act and I really appreciate your effort. Despite what happened?

04-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Probation officers may avoid layoffs it will be close as over a hundred of the positions are unfilled now and it isnt effective until 7/1/08 with people leaving the next 2 months.

04-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Is this 5% for all sworn or just Sergeants and below?

04-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Once again we had the smoke blown up our _ _ _ and all we get is "we should be thankful for what we got".

04-28-2008, 01:05 AM

Sergeants and below someone said.

04-28-2008, 01:07 AM
im out...see ya

04-28-2008, 01:09 AM

That will mess up the pay compression even worse! If I take a demotion I could actually get a raise.

04-28-2008, 01:18 AM

That will mess up the pay compression even worse! If I take a demotion I could actually get a raise.

No, it should be for everyone...initially, because only 3.8 mil was appropriated, we thought it was only for Sergeants and below, but then we realized it doesn't take effect until October 1st, which means we lose a quarter, so it should be for everyone.

-Tim

04-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Tim, What about SOAR funds?

04-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Tim, What about SOAR funds?

As far as I know, SOAR is still here.

04-28-2008, 01:24 AM
CHECK YOUR STATE E MAIL. CZ JUST SENT ONE.

04-28-2008, 01:27 AM
All,

Holy crap, Tim you did a great job and tried, and I admire your positive post. However, they knew what they were going to do the whole time, you (the PBA) were lied too. Bill Smith backed off the media when he shouldn't have. These legislatures pull the same stunt every year and the unions fall for it. Politics is a dirty game an the the PBA failed to play it right. Of course they told you they were going to support it, they shake your hand tell what you want to hear, keep you their friend an at the end screw you. The PBA di what they were told-separate 2nd come up with an alternate funding source and you did. But it didn't work did it. They lied. The media blitz should've never stopped. Bill Smith tried to do it all himself, he played a fixed poker game an lost.

The media blitz only works when the media runs with the story...as disapointed I am right now, Bill was unfailing iin his advocacy, and continues to be. You have no idea how much Bill has worked for this and many other issues, and while you may not agree with his tactics, I find it grossly unfair and inappropriate to criticize him. He fought tirelessly and gave up scores of annual leave hours for this. In the end, Senator Carlton is term limited out and has nothing to fear from us; she would not bow to the pressure, because she doesn't feel it.

Tim Roufa

04-28-2008, 01:35 AM
CHECK YOUR STATE E MAIL. CZ JUST SENT ONE.

Can someone copy and paste it here?

04-28-2008, 01:57 AM

You wear gold and the department loves you. Keep up the good work you do and being the good leader you are!

04-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Tim, how the heck can you come on here acting like we should be happy that we got 5%. How the heck can you tell us to keep fighting and not give up. How the heck can you tell us the legislators are listening? Im starting to think you are smoking the same crap they are. There is NO WAY anyone in FHP can be happy with what happened today! We were robbed! This money was not coming from anyone but those that break the law. Who gives a flying crap if other departments were facing layoffs, maybe they should have people thinking of ways to help them as well. Remember when we had a THREE BILLION DOLLAR surplus in Florida? Where was a big raise then? We got crap that year too. The nice talk is over! The gloves are off and this is WAR!

04-28-2008, 02:34 AM
Watch this scene closely, substitute the people with the proper names.

I think the prosecutor is Sen Carlton :shock:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcv0Itg4bzg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcv0Itg4bzg&feature=related)

04-28-2008, 02:37 AM
CZ's Letter:

On Sunday, the House and Senate agreed upon a 5% salary increase for sworn members of the Florida Highway Patrol. This is a major accomplishment during a legislative session challenged by state revenue shortfalls of over $2 billion. It appears that out of the more than 220,000 state employees FHP are the only ones to receive a salary increase this year. Many agencies are dealing with layoffs and severe service reductions. While we will also share in some of the reductions related to vacant positions and reductions in excess salary dollars, we are very fortunate to enjoy this raise. Take pride, this is a great day for the Patrol and a great block to build upon.

blah, blah, blah...

We are thankful to the Governor, the Cabinet, and both the House and the Senate for recognizing the importance of the Florida Highway Patrol and the dedicated service of our members. This salary increase is a poignant statement of their respect and recognition of what you do for Florida's citizens and visitors. Stepping out and providing a pay raise during a year of reductions and lay-offs for one agency speaks volumes of their respect for us and the work we do! Your professionalism is what enables our elected officials to make this tough decision and will allow us to continue our progress for next year.

04-28-2008, 02:41 AM
Is Czernis really full of this much crap or is he just lying to not make troopers tear down their trooper headquarters?

04-28-2008, 02:42 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcV0Itg4bzg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcV0Itg4bzg&feature=related)

04-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Tim, how the heck can you come on here acting like we should be happy that we got 5%. How the heck can you tell us to keep fighting and not give up. How the heck can you tell us the legislators are listening? Im starting to think you are smoking the same crap they are. There is NO WAY anyone in FHP can be happy with what happened today! We were robbed! This money was not coming from anyone but those that break the law. Who gives a flying crap if other departments were facing layoffs, maybe they should have people thinking of ways to help them as well. Remember when we had a THREE BILLION DOLLAR surplus in Florida? Where was a big raise then? We got crap that year too. The nice talk is over! The gloves are off and this is WAR!

I will be the first to say we should have been taken care of. We all must remember about all the layoffs and cut backs. Yes, and we had to cut back on Troopers positions and other issues within the Agency. The whole idea of where we were going to get the money was great as well. I'll take my 5% and be happy and hold my head up high! We must remember all State employees are treated unfairly when it comes to salarys. Even though our idea did not work

04-28-2008, 02:47 AM
I second this one

04-28-2008, 02:49 AM

I will be the first to say we should have been taken care of. We all must remember about all the layoffs and cut backs. Yes, and we had to cut back on Troopers positions and other issues within the Agency. The whole idea of where we were going to get the money was great as well. I'll take my 5% and be happy and hold my head up high! We must remember all State employees are treated unfairly when it comes to salarys. Even though our idea did not work

Look everyone it is a sheep! What part of WE ARE THE LOWEST PAID TROOPERS IN THE COUNTRY BY 20%-100% do you not understand? There is no reason we could not get this raise! The money was not coming from the government. We have 15 year troopers barely making $40,000. That is criminal! Don't let the lying Colonel and Florida government fool you! We NEVER get a raise, even on GOOD years. When will we get our EFFECTIVE raise? Next year? Give me break!

04-28-2008, 02:55 AM
Watch this scene closely, substitute the people with the proper names.

I think the prosecutor is Sen Carlton :shock:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcv0Itg4bzg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcv0Itg4bzg&feature=related)

:shock: :cry: :shock: :cry:

04-28-2008, 03:06 AM
check out the second posting with the correct link:

www.youtube.com/watch.?v=dcV0Itg4bzg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch.?v=dcV0Itg4bzg&feature=related)

This is the correct one!

04-28-2008, 03:48 AM
All,

Today, Senator Carlton and Representative Sansom met for their final conference meetings. You all have worked extremely hard and represented our agency admirably. Bear in mind that 199 probation officers are going to be laid off this year. Additionaly, the Legislature is cutting their own salaries by 5%. The legislature took the position that in a year that agencies were facing layoffs and pay cuts, they could not in good faith provide the sigificant increases we would have received if our funding source was adopted. Having said that, the legislature agreed to give Troopers a 5% pay increase effective October 1. While this is not near what we had worked and hoped for, it is difficult, given the rest of the state's problems, to view this as anything other than a positive sign that they are beginning to listen to you. We will continue to work to solve our compression issues through every posible venue. In the meantime, please continue to make contact with your legislators, foster strong relationships, and don't give up. We will accept graciously what we were able to gain this year and continue to build on it.

-Tim Roufa

I have been a trooper for 20 years now. Every year its the same old crap. "Theres no money" or "If we give it to you we have to give it to everyone". So much for being a stand alone agency when it comes to collective bargaining because they still wont give it to us unless they give it to everybody. If Bill Gates wanted to fund the FHP out of his own pocket they would come up with a reason to take the money from us and give it to God knows who, probably the turtles. The money for our raise would not of cost anyone anything other than the idiots who break the law. I am truely disgusted with the State of Florida and these idiots we call legislators. As long as we are ran like a mis-managed business this is what we can expect. I encourage any new trooper to move on and get out while you can versus wasting 20-30 years of your life here only to be let down year after year. I wish I would have when I had the chance years ago.

04-28-2008, 03:52 AM
All,

-Tim Roufa

I have been a trooper for 20 years now. Every year its the same old crap. "Theres no money" or "If we give it to you we have to give it to everyone". So much for being a stand alone agency when it comes to collective bargaining because they still wont give it to us unless they give it to everybody. If Bill Gates wanted to fund the FHP out of his own pocket they would come up with a reason to take the money from us and give it to God knows who, probably the turtles. The money for our raise would not of cost anyone anything other than the idiots who break the law. I am truely disgusted with the State of Florida and these idiots we call legislators. As long as we are ran like a mis-managed business this is what we can expect. I encourage any new trooper to move on and get out while you can versus wasting 20-30 years of your life here only to be let down year after year. I wish I would have when I had the chance years ago.

Thank you for your wisdom and in touch post. I wish everyone would realize the issues as well and get out of FHP.

04-28-2008, 04:05 AM
JOHN CZERNIS IS FULL OF BALONY....WOW I CANNOT BELEIVE THIS ACTUALLY BELEIVES WHAT HE WRITES....

04-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Bill and Tim, thank you for all your hard work. Understand we are all frustrated and upset with what happened today, it is not yours fault. The legislation once again has proven not to care about the compression problems, it is clearly understood senator Lisa Carlton has a bad agenda when it comes to the Highway Patrol. She most likelly had bad encounters with us when she was practicing her profession as an attorney and this is the way to get back at us. With all that said, I take my 5% and really appreciate all you have done for us. Lets all take a rest and hope Lisa its out of there next year. Take care of yourselves and go home now and enjoy your family..... Sincerely Florida Troopers.

04-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Lets all take a rest and hope Lisa its out of there next year.

Oh yes because next year is our year right? Are you guys really this blind? There is never going to be a next year!!! The FHP will always be the shythole it is. Except that.

04-28-2008, 06:00 AM
Don't kid yourselves, start the application process immediately with other departments. Leave now, don't be a fool! :shock:

04-28-2008, 06:12 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE&feature=related)

04-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Probation officers may avoid layoffs it will be close as over a hundred of the positions are unfilled now and it isnt effective until 7/1/08 with people leaving the next 2 months.

Let's hire prison releases to be trooper's and the laid off probation officer's can be their supervisor's. Not a whole lot different than what we have now in some places.

04-28-2008, 10:42 AM
http://www.floridacapitalnews.com/apps/ ... 318&theme= (http://www.floridacapitalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080428/CAPITOLNEWS/804280318&theme=)

04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Tim,

Thank you for all that you did for us.

Tpr. Chris Gatewood

04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes thanks to the PBA for all of their hard work in trying to get this deal done.

F-off Lisa Carlton what comes around goes around...............