PDA

View Full Version : From Morgan's right hand man

04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Taken from INWeekly archives

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DEAD Jerry Preyer is dead. He drank from an Escambia jail toilet and the guards allegedly killed him. It was ruled a homicide by the Medical Examiner. The third jail homicide since 1999. We are used to that.

The manner of death was revealed nine months after his death. We tolerate that. Especially if the dead person comes from a poor family.

That makes 15 inmates dead since Escambia County Sheriff Ron McNesby took office in 2000. That’s five times the national average for similar jails. We find that acceptable.

Two deaths are still unexplained. A primary FDLE crime scene technician on Preyer’s homicide investigation was once accused of violations of law at the ECSO by Larry Smith, the chief deputy. That is according to Sheriff's Office public records. But no investigation followed at the time. That happens often here. Why not? We accept that.

The trigger of the Taser Gun that shot Preyer when he died was pulled 12 times but it was reported that he only was tased twice. That took a creative explanation about a broken wire and a sympathetic reflex. We believe just about anything.

No Escambia County police officer or guard has ever been held criminally responsible for the death of anyone in or out of jail. That's OK because we are perfect here.

Should a few people protest or believe that criminality has been overlooked that’s OK too. Because we don’t care. Our record is proof positive. God forgive us.
—David Craig, Pensacola

04-27-2008, 09:02 PM

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DEAD Jerry Preyer is dead. He drank from an Escambia jail toilet and the guards allegedly killed him. It was ruled a homicide by the Medical Examiner. The third jail homicide since 1999. We are used to that.

The manner of death was revealed nine months after his death. We tolerate that. Especially if the dead person comes from a poor family.

That makes 15 inmates dead since Escambia County Sheriff Ron McNesby took office in 2000. That’s five times the national average for similar jails. We find that acceptable.

Two deaths are still unexplained. A primary FDLE crime scene technician on Preyer’s homicide investigation was once accused of violations of law at the ECSO by Larry Smith, the chief deputy. That is according to Sheriff's Office public records. But no investigation followed at the time. That happens often here. Why not? We accept that.

The trigger of the Taser Gun that shot Preyer when he died was pulled 12 times but it was reported that he only was tased twice. That took a creative explanation about a broken wire and a sympathetic reflex. We believe just about anything.

No Escambia County police officer or guard has ever been held criminally responsible for the death of anyone in or out of jail. That's OK because we are perfect here.

Should a few people protest or believe that criminality has been overlooked that’s OK too. Because we don’t care. Our record is proof positive. God forgive us.
—David Craig, Pensacola

It should be noted that the IN did not write this but this is a user submitted opinion.

04-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Are you disputing any of the facts presented by Craig? Or are you just upset that he is pointing out how poorly and slowly the press follows up on items that concern the community? All you are pointing out is that Craig is one of the few media voices that is wiling to take a hard look at how the McNesby administration has made a mockery of our system of justice. You may not like the letter. But it's dead on the heart some of what needs fixing around here.

04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
You proud of the stuff he's talking about? It all happens just that way dude. Ronniemac and his policies are a big part of why the stuff happens.

MOD 504
04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
I believe everyone has an opinion, but I see the direction this post may be
headed toward.

Terms of Use

"This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion."

04-27-2008, 11:43 PM

—David Craig, Pensacola

Screw you David Craig, and David Morgan It will be a cold day in hell before I vote for you. I am a Corrections Officer AT the ECSO since 1995 and I take offense at your statement. You have no experience as a Corrections Officer and have no clue what the hard working CO's do and deal with everyday, so please STFU about things you know nothing about.

04-27-2008, 11:50 PM
ah hell....Morgan is more than qualified to question the jail...after all, he was a military police officer.....

04-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Are you disputing any of the facts presented by Craig? Or are you just upset that he is pointing out how poorly and slowly the press follows up on items that concern the community? All you are pointing out is that Craig is one of the few media voices that is wiling to take a hard look at how the McNesby administration has made a mockery of our system of justice. You may not like the letter. But it's dead on the heart some of what needs fixing around here.

No, the point is that any idiot can write to the IN weekly and then paste it in here. Meaning that is not from the IN weekly but from David Craig.

You can KMAMF for accusing people of murder when you don't know shizzzaz from shinola about law enforcement, corrections or anything else. You are making stuff up and trying to destroy the lives of good people all for your boy Morgan to become Sheriff.

You are a MF squirrel and Morgan will never get my vote and I will QUIT and go someplace else if he is elected Sheriff.

McNesby may not be the best choice for Sheriff but he is a hell of alot better option than Morgan and his MF peanut gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go away you suck arse little shizzzaaazzz... nobody wants you anywere near this place.

04-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Harry Not Thelbert.
Larry Not Harry.

04-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Murder? Did you say murder? When did anyone but you accuse anyone of murder in this thread? I'm not defending Craig or Morgan but I think it's fair to say that the facts in the letter to the editor are correct. Before you go off on your cursing tirade... What facts in his letter do you question?

04-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Murder? Did you say murder? When did anyone but you accuse anyone of murder in this thread? I'm not defending Craig or Morgan but I think it's fair to say that the facts in the letter to the editor are correct. Before you go off on your cursing tirade... What facts in his letter do you question?

Here's two "facts" i question:

Morgan and Craig lie most by omission. Craig implies that he was killed for drinking water out of the toilet. All that resisting, battering, assaulting a police officer means nothing. He makes it seem (amd probably believes) that some guy drank out of a toilet and the guards came by and killed him

15 inmates died since the sheriff took office. The PBA letter showed that two of those fifteen died under Lowman. He leaves out the fact that almost all of them were natural.