PDA

View Full Version : Water Patrol %

04-27-2008, 01:57 AM
I hear Lieutenants have been counseled for not achieving 10% water patrol % goals in the panhandle? If Lt.'s are getting counseled, stand-by for the officer who doesn't get their 50% water patrol goal.

05-06-2008, 01:24 AM
what a joke how can you get in trouble for a goal. it's not a requirement it's a goal that comes from the director herself.

05-06-2008, 03:03 AM
I agree but the majors and the captains think they can make it a mandate. Some even think they can make it 480 hours instead of 450. You would think they would have bigger things to worry about.

05-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Officers have been threatened with discipline for not getting their 50% in the Tallahasse area by a captain. This water time thing was never bargained on and it makes more demands on some officers over others. Seems kind of unfair to force one officer to do more than another. I wonder if the the CBU could look into it.

05-07-2008, 02:43 AM
That would make to much sense. They got important things to do, like think of what they are going to tell for not getting us a raise, again.

06-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Are the rules for water patrol the same statewide? I hear 25% and I hear 450 hours. I hear it can be one or the other. I've heard at least one region told their officers they had to have their percentage done BEFORE june 1 because gas might cost too much after June1. By the way that would be the North West region( Major Dave Pridgen) Then FWC received funding for gas......but the month was not given back to the officers. Did any other officers lose the month of June?
Is it a "goal"? or more...... was it negotiated? Should we get it negotiated NOW? Remember where it all started dont you? Over a "promise" to the legislators...thats right the guys that dont give us a raise. The promise was......give us a pile of cash for boats and we will spend at least 25% of our time on the water. Sounds like"dancing with the devil". But it all boils down to one thing....one simple thing......MONEY
If we were getting raises....making a fair wage......noone would care if it was 10% 25% or 50%.
Last question.....Has the rules of claiming WP changed with this new activity form?

21Regal
06-06-2008, 12:11 AM
The percentages will be done by the end of the fiscal year. The problem in some areas is that simply due to the growth of Atlanta. The river system has been the lowest in around the past 60-70 years. This is due to the Georgia Gov. raising enough he// and the US Army Corp limiting the flow down river. You could litteraly walk accross the Appalachicola River in some area's.
Water Patrol is the common bond throughout the agency. I'd rather be in a boat even is it is on a river. I enjoy my time during hunting season in the Choctawhatchee WMA. Plenty of dope and felons with guns to go around:)

06-06-2008, 02:13 AM
No, reporting actual water patrol % is still actual time on a boat according to the training session.

07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I agree but the majors and the captains think they can make it a mandate. Some even think they can make it 480 hours instead of 450. You would think they would have bigger things to worry about.

Its 465 hrs.