PDA

View Full Version : RDO & Holidays

04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Our area is forced to work RDO's during a holiday weekend. I hear this is not consistent throughout the agency. What, 5 different regions - 5 different kingdoms?

A low paid state employee forced to work on their RDO's, every holiday and every holiday weekend. Pretty sad! It should be voluntary. We don't get paid squat, but god forbid if you want to spend a holiday weekend with your family.

04-27-2008, 03:09 PM
It's different throughout the state... Some areas don't force thier officers to work their RDOs and some pay overtime for Holidays... Also, according to your contract, your schedule can be changed with 2 weeks notice....

04-28-2008, 12:38 PM
boy what a shame...a law enforcement officer having to work when the public expects them to do so. Last time I checked, you volunteered for that job! No one is keeping you there. Come and work for the S/O I work for and try and get a holiday off. You guys are sounding like a bunch of candy a#$'$

04-29-2008, 02:40 AM
Voluntary? Work when you want? Whaaaa Whaaa! What a whiner. Dude, with your entitlement mentality, you wouldnt make it a day at Lee County SO. You should consider cutting loose from your mothers apron strings. I'll bet she probably still does everything for you. Maybe broaden your horizons and get a regular job where your not inconvenienced so much. Want fries wid dat?

04-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Our area is forced to work RDO's during a holiday weekend.

STFU, I am in FWC and you are embarrassing. News flash, this isn't the old GFC, you are actually expected to work holidays. Know why? Because, that's when a lot of people are out doing stupid $&!# and it would be nice if a cop could be around to help keep it under control. Get a frigging clue or go be a banker. :roll:

05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
boy what a shame...a law enforcement officer having to work when the public expects them to do so. Last time I checked, you volunteered for that job! No one is keeping you there. Come and work for the S/O I work for and try and get a holiday off. You guys are sounding like a bunch of candy a#$'$

You obviously work for Broward S.O.

Please stay on our own thirty five page site and leave these guys alone. Stop spewing our garbage across these blogs.

05-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Cancel all RDO's for every holiday weekend? Work, work, work... How about our fearless leaders? Do you think they work a holiday weekend? No, because they make the big bucks and are too busy lobbying!

05-10-2008, 11:56 AM
It's an option for us to work our RDOs on holiday weekends. Most of us do, it's fun!!! Alot of activity and bikinis everywhere.

05-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Cancel all RDO's for every holiday weekend? Work, work, work... How about our fearless leaders? Do you think they work a holiday weekend? No, because they make the big bucks and are too busy lobbying!

That is just a stupid statement! I plan on promoting some day and I plan on being with my family most of the holidays. I will work some of them, but at least try and be real. Those who have rank have earned the time with their families. Chances are most have already put in their fair share of time working the holidays prior to moving up the ranks. I am in disagreement with much of the leadership, but I can understand their taking the holidays off. And yes, I understand the whole, LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE. YOur point was to put them down though.

05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Can we go back and talk about the bikinis?

05-14-2008, 02:38 AM
I dont know where you work but it seems that most the LT'S around the state only have,at the most,5 years on.they didnt earn the rights to have off,they havn't earned anything

05-14-2008, 02:57 AM
Get over it.... By contract the state can change your schedule with 14 days notice. If they want to cancel your RDOs for a holiday it is their perogative. Remember, you work for them.

That being said since the inception of fwc, there has been overtime available. So while it my suck to have to work the holiday, at least overtime was an option.

Or, move to an area in the state that doesn't cancel RDOs (they do exist).

05-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Glad to see everyone working hard as there are very few posts over the holiday weekend.

06-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Our area is forced to work RDO's during a holiday weekend.

STFU, I am in FWC and you are embarrassing. News flash, this isn't the old GFC, you are actually expected to work holidays. Know why? Because, that's when a lot of people are out doing stupid $&!# and it would be nice if a cop could be around to help keep it under control. Get a frigging clue or go be a banker. :roll:

What makes you think the GFC didnt work holidays you idiot! You have NO clue what you are talking about. Typical FMP comment.
I worked all holidays with the GFC unless I took annual leave during those times. More untruths from the FMP and it just keeps on coming. Thank goodness for the coup! ha