PDA

View Full Version : Operation Bull S*#t

04-26-2008, 06:11 PM
:devil: Are you getting a little tired of every day being some type of Special Enforcement Wave, Care, Seat Belt Blitz, You Snooze You Lose, Campaign this or that, Operation Rce Cakes in China or whatever stupid a$$ name they want to call it? Nothing is special if you do it all the time. I'm getting a little tired of this since all the really want is ticket numbers.

04-26-2008, 08:52 PM
I agree we do too many special details. They have lost their effect. When we only did a few each year the media covered them more and the troopers actually tried to produce good stats. Now some are not even mentioned by the media and troopers do the same thing they normally would and tally what ever stats they have.

04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Isn't it being dishonest to put a stat on on special enforcement sheet, when you would have got that stat anyway, special enforcement or not. The stat sheet implies you got the stat through some type of agressive enforcement action which 99% of the time is not true. If a trooper goes out every day and does his job, how does calling it some type of special enforcement mean anything unless the department is trying to take credit for something special. I can write more with my radar than I can write on an airplane detail, yet the department brags about airplane details and how effective they are in promoting highway safety. Let the troopers do their job and spare us the dog and pony special enforcement details. :roll:

04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Give us all fast unmarked cars and shove the details and airplanes if they want to see real stats. It amazes me how clueless FHP is about traffic enforcement. This job isn't rocket science.

04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Isn't it being dishonest to put a stat on on special enforcement sheet, when you would have got that stat anyway, special enforcement or not. The stat sheet implies you got the stat through some type of agressive enforcement action which 99% of the time is not true. If a trooper goes out every day and does his job, how does calling it some type of special enforcement mean anything unless the department is trying to take credit for something special. I can write more with my radar than I can write on an airplane detail, yet the department brags about airplane details and how effective they are in promoting highway safety. Let the troopers do their job and spare us the dog and pony special enforcement details. :roll:

It gives the office clowns something to claim, like putting a special detail together. They can claim they were insturmental in generating however many contacts were on the enforcement sheets. The small part they left out was the trooper's did the work. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

04-27-2008, 01:32 AM
The latest one targeting railroad crossing violations is the king of all dog and pony shows. They dug deep for this idea.

04-27-2008, 01:40 AM
The BRASS not only want these details but Needs them 8)

This way when they turn in there personal stats they don't have to worry about testifying in court :shock: :shock: :shock:

04-27-2008, 02:39 AM
The BRASS not only want these details but Needs them 8)

This way when they turn in there personal stats they don't have to worry about testifying in court :shock: :shock: :shock:

Do as they say, not as they do!

04-27-2008, 11:29 AM
How about a "Keep Trooper's Employed Wave", with all the ticket revenue going toward trooper's salary's. The troopers would get a decent paycheck and FHP would get plenty of ticket numbers to boast about.

04-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Shouldn't selective enforcement really be called targeted enforcement. Just fill in the blank for who you want to target. This could be used for the header on the data collection form.

__________ Day Targeted Enforcement Wave

05-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Shouldn't selective enforcement really be called targeted enforcement. Just fill in the blank for who you want to target. This could be used for the header on the data collection form.

__________ Day Targeted Enforcement Wave

Those that will pull over day or the ones that got away day. I see more of the latter coming! :lol: :wink: :wink:

05-01-2008, 02:04 PM
LEGISLATIVE TARGETED ENFORCEMENT WAVE RUNS FROM 4/27/08 INDEFINITELY............

05-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Give us all fast unmarked cars and shove the details and airplanes if they want to see real stats. It amazes me how clueless FHP is about traffic enforcement. This job isn't rocket science.

Get rid of the planes, troopers don't like working them, too dangerous, and we can write more with laser or radar. Look at the money we'd save.

05-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Get rid of the planes, troopers don't like working them, too dangerous, and we can write more with laser or radar. Look at the money we'd save.

Save Money, how about those over done, ridiculous light packages on the cars. What was that, $2,000+ more per car then just a simple LED bar like DOT, which is all blue by the way. Do the math. Put the money in my check, screw the car!

05-02-2008, 12:58 PM
CONSIDERING OUT PATHETIC MANPOWER (SAME OR FEWER ROAD TROOPERS THAN 30 YEARS AGO) AND A MASSIVE INCREASE EVERY SINGLE YEAR OF MORE AND MORE VEHICLES, IT IS TOTAL INCOMPETENCE OR IGNORANCE ON THE PART OF TALLAHASSEE TO CONTINUE TO WASTE LIMITED RESOURCES MANDATING THAT WE ALL HUDDLE TOGETHER SOMEWHERE AND DO A DETAIL. TROOPERS DRIVE 100 MILES TO MEET THE SGT. FOR THE DETAIL AND IGNORE TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS ON THE WAY BECAUSE THEY ARE ORDERED TO GET TO THE DETAIL AT A CERTAIN TIME. THEN THEY ARRIVE AT THE DETAIL AND GET CALLED TO A CRASH IN THE ZONE OR COUNTY THEY JUST LEFT AND HAVE TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY BACK. WITH GAS AT $3.70 A GALLON, YOU WOULD THINK THAT FHP WOULD WANT TO GET THE MOST BANG FOR THEIR BUCK, BUT THEY SEEM TO THINK IT IS A WORTHWHILE ENDEAVOR TO PAY $60.00 A DAY TO LET A TROOPER DRIVE AROUND AND BURN GAS SO THEY CAN AN OPERATION STAT SHEET. I'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT WITH THE STAT SHEETS? THE MEDIA MAY DO A STORY ABOUT THE OPERATION @*#$(* THAT WE ARE DOING, BUT YOU NEVER SEE A STORY AT THE END OF THE DETAIL, SO WHY ARE WE COLLECTING ALL THESE STATS? FOR WHO?

BY PULLING ALL OUR MANPOWER TO ONE LOCATION, IT GIVES THE APPEARANCE THERE ARE NO TROOPERS (UNLESS YOU HAPPEN TO DRIVE BY THE LOCATION WHERE THE DETAIL IS BEING HELD). THIS IS WHY YOU CAN DRIVE FROM JACKSONVILLE TO MIAMI AND NEVER SEE A TROOPER. TALLAHASSEE WANTS YOU TO PULL THEM ALL OFF THE INTERSTATE AND DO A TRAIN TRACK DETAIL, DUI CHECKPOINT, DL CHECK, OR RED LIGHT DETAIL. WE SHOULD BE SPREAD THROUGHOUT OUR PATROL AREA FOR THE MAXIMUM VISIBILITY.

05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
How about OPERATION COMMAND STAFF? The Brass can do a media bite and threaten the public that they are actually going to leave the office and patrol the road. They stay out of the office on the holidays like the press release says cause there are no underpaid, no pay-raise clerks to do their job for them.:shock:

05-03-2008, 11:45 AM
How about "Operation Remove the Citizens Wallet?" or "Operation Revenue for Troopers."

05-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Summer is around the corner. Get ready for plenty of OPERATIONS. We are fixing to be operated to death!

05-09-2008, 11:58 PM
If we are going to be doing all of these operations, shouldn't we be getting surgeon's pay????

05-12-2008, 02:04 AM
If we are going to be doing all of these operations, shouldn't we be getting surgeon's pay????

You are handsomely rewarded now for your efforts. It's your paycheck.

05-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Everyone get pumped up, it's "click it" time! Get plenty of number's for those stat sheets!!!

05-13-2008, 04:38 AM
:devil: Are you getting a little tired of every day being some type of Special Enforcement Wave, Care, Seat Belt Blitz, You Snooze You Lose, Campaign this or that, Operation Rce Cakes in China or whatever stupid a$$ name they want to call it? Nothing is special if you do it all the time. I'm getting a little tired of this since all the really want is ticket numbers.
Troop G is taking this to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL! We do one a day they will put us on s-15 just to get these huge numbers! it is unreal how crazy the brass is getting with this stuff.

05-13-2008, 04:46 AM
CONSIDERING OUT PATHETIC MANPOWER (SAME OR FEWER ROAD TROOPERS THAN 30 YEARS AGO) AND A MASSIVE INCREASE EVERY SINGLE YEAR OF MORE AND MORE VEHICLES, IT IS TOTAL INCOMPETENCE OR IGNORANCE ON THE PART OF TALLAHASSEE TO CONTINUE TO WASTE LIMITED RESOURCES MANDATING THAT WE ALL HUDDLE TOGETHER SOMEWHERE AND DO A DETAIL. TROOPERS DRIVE 100 MILES TO MEET THE SGT. FOR THE DETAIL AND IGNORE TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS ON THE WAY BECAUSE THEY ARE ORDERED TO GET TO THE DETAIL AT A CERTAIN TIME. THEN THEY ARRIVE AT THE DETAIL AND GET CALLED TO A CRASH IN THE ZONE OR COUNTY THEY JUST LEFT AND HAVE TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY BACK. WITH GAS AT $3.70 A GALLON, YOU WOULD THINK THAT FHP WOULD WANT TO GET THE MOST BANG FOR THEIR BUCK, BUT THEY SEEM TO THINK IT IS A WORTHWHILE ENDEAVOR TO PAY $60.00 A DAY TO LET A TROOPER DRIVE AROUND AND BURN GAS SO THEY CAN AN OPERATION STAT SHEET. I'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT WITH THE STAT SHEETS? THE MEDIA MAY DO A STORY ABOUT THE OPERATION @*#$(* THAT WE ARE DOING, BUT YOU NEVER SEE A STORY AT THE END OF THE DETAIL, SO WHY ARE WE COLLECTING ALL THESE STATS? FOR WHO?

BY PULLING ALL OUR MANPOWER TO ONE LOCATION, IT GIVES THE APPEARANCE THERE ARE NO TROOPERS (UNLESS YOU HAPPEN TO DRIVE BY THE LOCATION WHERE THE DETAIL IS BEING HELD). THIS IS WHY YOU CAN DRIVE FROM JACKSONVILLE TO MIAMI AND NEVER SEE A TROOPER. TALLAHASSEE WANTS YOU TO PULL THEM ALL OFF THE INTERSTATE AND DO A TRAIN TRACK DETAIL, DUI CHECKPOINT, DL CHECK, OR RED LIGHT DETAIL. WE SHOULD BE SPREAD THROUGHOUT OUR PATROL AREA FOR THE MAXIMUM VISIBILITY.

I beg to differ. you will see a trooper in st. johns county on the interstate--detail or no detail.