PDA

View Full Version : Badges

04-26-2008, 02:09 PM
The new badges should be in by June 30th along with the hats.

Jernsey
04-26-2008, 09:21 PM
They can just go ahead and sell my hat. I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. What a waste of money.

04-26-2008, 09:27 PM
great badge, ugly hat gitty up boys and girls. Does it come with a belt buckle too!!

04-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Yes, the new badge is awesome!

04-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Can we get a new badge also? Ours is ugly.

Any pictures of new hat and badge?

04-27-2008, 05:59 PM
yah, what does the new badge look like?

04-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Six point star with a circle around it. Hat could be used as a type 4 pfd because that is what I'm going to use it for the first chance I get.

04-28-2008, 07:12 PM
ANY PICTURES?

Jernsey
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM
I tried to put a picture of the badges but had no luck. Sorry. I would not have posted a picture of the hat even if I could. It is too embarrassing.

04-29-2008, 02:03 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/mullet_marshal/FWCBadge.jpg

04-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Nice!

04-29-2008, 02:53 AM
good job not using the Sheriff star like DEP. nice lookin badge though, both FWC and DEP.

04-29-2008, 03:04 AM

WOW THAT IS SWEET

I bet your new hat is not as bad as mine. Any pictures?

04-29-2008, 06:14 AM
HAHAHA

the mullet sheriff finally got a star

04-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Badge is nice; hat is atrocious. Waste of taxpayers money for sure since the majority will hide or lose it.

04-29-2008, 01:34 PM
What was wrong with the old badge?? It has been the gfc and FMP tradition to have a shield for a badge.

04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
What was wrong with the old badge?? It has been the gfc and FMP tradition to have a shield for a badge.

By keeping the same badge, you may foster a sense of honor and tradition. When the members feel that sense of honor and tradition, they may possibly show pride and dedication which would result in demands for higher pay by "those officers who serve in this agency which is steeped in tradition....."

But now, you and the newer people will be sidetracked with your new badge, hat, and identity. There is no honor and tradition. Just a badge, new decals on your take home, and the same pay.

Be glad you have a job. Here's your badge, hat and car. Go away.

04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
New agency! New traditions. It is about time we started.

04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
So...

New badge (@$20 per badge) for 500 or so officers: $10,000

New Hat (@$80 at least per hat) for 500 officers: $40,000

Nobody around to where them cause they can't survive on the salary,

PRICELESS!!!

Jernsey
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
That was good!! :D

05-02-2008, 10:35 PM
The prices quoted are actually a little low and you forgot the price of the vehicle decals.
Is this a great state of what?

05-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Try $35 each for the badges and around $115-120 for the hats.

05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Sorry guys, the new badge is nice but the FWC at the top of the inner circle and the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission on the bottom of the outer circle is redundant. I agree to stay away from the Sheriff's star but an eight point would have looked better than six. Or just made the old shield bigger.

Better yet they should have just saved the badge, hat and decal $$ and given it to you in a pay raise. I feel for you guys. You deserve way better than what you're getting.

05-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Sorry guys, the new badge is nice but the FWC at the top of the inner circle and the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission on the bottom of the outer circle is redundant. I agree to stay away from the Sheriff's star but an eight point would have looked better than six. Or just made the old shield bigger.

Better yet they should have just saved the badge, hat and decal $$ and given it to you in a pay raise. I feel for you guys. You deserve way better than what you're getting.

That is not the final wording on the badge.

05-15-2008, 10:53 PM
I heard we have to wear the hat with class A's, is this true?

05-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Not according to the current G.O's.

05-23-2008, 05:14 AM
I tell you what is going on over there. You poor guys got that idot with the PHD (piled high deep) Houghland who loves to waste tax dollars on BS like hats and silly gear that doesn't actually get the job done. I hate to wish ill on anyone, but better you got that A-hole than us at ABT. I truly feel for you. PHD has no clue what he is doing at all. Goes from a director to a lowly creditor. HAHAHAHA Couldn't have happened to a better person.

05-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I tell you what is going on over there. You poor guys got that idot with the PHD (piled high deep) Houghland who loves to waste tax dollars on BS like hats and silly gear that doesn't actually get the job done. I hate to wish ill on anyone, but better you got that A-hole than us at ABT. I truly feel for you. PHD has no clue what he is doing at all. Goes from a director to a lowly creditor. HAHAHAHA Couldn't have happened to a better person.

No reason to get personal on this site. If you did not like him, so be it, let it go. You really should check your facts though, he had nothing to do with either one of those issues. That ball was rolling long before he arrived.

05-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Have any badges been sent out yet?

05-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Supposed to be a roll-out of badges in July some time. You just won't get them in your "in-box"

21Regal
06-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Get it right loser its Groupper Tropper. Road Roach :twisted:

06-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Grouper Trooper was slang for Marine Patrol Officer. Not many of them left in the FFWCC........

06-05-2008, 11:58 AM
21 regal . that is old school brother. loved it. then i got a 21 mako,hated it

06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I was able to use a 21 regal in the academy and again on a Hurricane detail. Great boat!! Quiet, dry storage, semi dry ride, mostly bulletproof small block Chevy, blocks the winter wind.... Only downside I saw was you basically had to sit in the seat to run it and limited shallow water running due to the I/O

Even still, I wish I would have been able to use one in the field.

21Regal
06-06-2008, 12:01 AM
They were tough boats, I believe the last one was in the Pensacola area. It was de-commissioned around 2000. The hull was a '78. I had a low sided and a high sided. Low sided was the best. The Mako's were screwed out of the box due to Col. Ellingson having the hulls over built by adding glass to the hull. Why does a Mako need more glass who knows, More GHQ wisdom:)
This pic was even before my time. Definately old school, no top, pre stripe. To think what I hear about the wining today and what our predecessors worked in and what they accomplished. Some folks need to step back and take a breath. Still the best job I have ever had. I am still enjoying it.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k140/grptrpr/FPS1082.gif

06-06-2008, 01:05 AM
21 regal,i bet i know who you are and the last time i saw a regal was in pensecola. there is only one man in franklin county ,o.k. maybe two that have been there long enough to remember the regals and still love there jobs enough to pass on some wisdom. maybe there are some more overthere but i can only think of two. how is old captain duval doing. i am surprised there has not been any trouble since he took the reighns,give it time

21Regal
06-07-2008, 01:38 AM
I saw him today and he is doing fine. I work to the west of there. 8)

06-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Badge & hat update:

Check the L/E website for the full updated report. Two new badges coming and you will be able to keep one of your old ones. Four patches to be sewn over the class "C" shirts. Any new uniform orders past one July will be with the new insignia.

06-07-2008, 02:45 PM
When articles are written about FWC DLE from now on - instead of the patch everything should be with the new badge emblem instead.

06-08-2008, 02:44 AM
I love the part that says you are not authorized to wear the new hat until the statewide roll out is complete. I really dont think any one is in a big rush to look like a bunch of fools in front of are peers.

06-08-2008, 04:44 AM
I love the part that says you are not authorized to wear the new hat until the statewide roll out is complete. I really dont think any one is in a big rush to look like a bunch of fools in front of are peers.

Second that!

06-08-2008, 04:57 PM
How hard is it to order all of the hats at one time and then issue them all at one time. Again, the same people are making things difficult.

I'll wager the next thing is to allow black ****roach killers (cowboy boots) with our uniforms in the name of tradition. Yeah, that'll fit right in over on the coast.

"There's a cowboy in the jungle, and he looks so out of place."
Jimmy Buffett

06-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Remember good ole' boys and technology don't mix!

07-07-2008, 03:01 AM
The final version of the new badge is displayed on the DLE website forms section if you haven't seen it.

07-07-2008, 11:27 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]How hard is it to order all of the hats at one time and then issue them all at one time. Again, the same people are making things difficult.

I'll wager the next thing is to allow black ****roach killers (cowboy boots) with our uniforms in the name of tradition. Yeah, that'll fit right in over on the coast.

You should read your GOs every now then...we've been authorized to wear boots for a long time. :P

07-08-2008, 12:36 AM
How hard is it to order all of the hats at one time and then issue them all at one time. Again, the same people are making things difficult.

You should read your GOs every now then...we've been authorized to wear boots for a long time. :P
Yes, boots. Round toe Wellington style. I wear them. Now I'm sure there are some officers already wearing pointy toe ones. Bolo string ties are a comin' boys.

07-16-2008, 01:36 AM
have you seen the new badges, looks like something from wal-mart.

07-16-2008, 01:42 AM
the hat i can live without,but the badge isn't that bad

07-19-2008, 12:08 AM
what about 2 cowboy hats?

07-19-2008, 02:46 AM
i heard something about a straw hat to wear for everyday but you have to ask for it. i going to ask for it,something to wear cutting the yard and the chicks dig it

07-20-2008, 03:28 AM
I had seen pictures of the NEW badges, but it wasnt until I got mine that it hit me.....the whole SIX-pointed star thing.....just google six point star and you'll see what I mean.....THE SIGN OF SATAN!!! WHAT IN THE FVCK????????????????????

07-20-2008, 05:27 PM
MMMMoma says dat badge IS THE DEVIL :twisted:

07-22-2008, 01:11 AM
To be accurate the five point star has ties to satanic worship. The six pointed star does not. Ever heard of the Star of David.

07-22-2008, 01:19 AM
To be accurate the five point star has ties to satanic worship. The six pointed star does not. Ever heard of the Star of David.

google is your friend.....go ahead and google the six point star and then come back here and apologize for making un-educated statements on a public forum

07-22-2008, 08:20 PM
If everyone that made an un-educated comment on this forum had to apologize there would be alot more posts.

07-23-2008, 01:27 AM

google is your friend.....go ahead and google the six point star and then come back here and apologize for making un-educated statements on a public forum

Mommie the big bad whinner said something bad about me
BITE ME :twisted:

07-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Six-pointed stars
Several varieties of six-pointed stars are used in Western culture:

The Star of David
The Marian StarIf the colinear edges of a regular six-pointed star are connected, so that two interlaced triangles are formed, a symbol results that is variously known as the hexagram, Star of David, or Shield of David (Magen David). This symbol is most commonly associated with Judaism; it is also used in Christianity, but on a less frequent basis.
The six-pointed Marian Star is a symbol used by Roman Catholics to portray celestial objects, particularly in relation to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
German and German-American hex signs and barn stars often incorporate both five- and six-pointed stars as central themes.
The six-pointed star is used as the symbol for Folks Nation alliance of gangs from chicago. Crip gang members tend to use this symbol also.
Apart from the foresaid mentions, six-pointed star formations are rare as an ideograph in Western cultures except in the case of law enforcement badges.[3] In astrology some formations of a six-pointed star can signify fixed stars. In some rare instances it can signify the date of birth on a gravestone, synonymous with the five-point star.

07-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Think the majority are proud of the badges, just embarrassed about the hats! Both cowboy hats and the tilly hat.

07-25-2008, 01:50 AM
The badge and hat are an identity that is unique. If you dislike them that much, you should go to work for an agency that has a hat and badge that you like. I am sure there are a lot of law enforcement agencies that are hiring. Maybe you could get a hat as cool as the one's that city police officers wear. Or even better, maybe you could find an law enf. agency that will let you decide what kind of hat to wear, choose the badge you like and give you every weekend off. If you hate it that bad, LEAVE!!!!!!

07-25-2008, 05:34 AM
When the FWC uniforms first came about after the merger, comments were made by management how they resembled the Tennessee Wildlife Agency uniforms.

Now comes the hat and comments have been made by management how the new hat is closely related to what the Texas Rangers wear.

IMO... FWC should have looked to it's Florida heritage for it's uniform. They could have selected colors of BOTH the FMP and GFC for the FWC uniform, not look at what Tennessee is doing. For the hat, both FMP and GFC wore the same hat, just different colors. Why not stay with that, not look at what Texas is doing?

I quess FWC management just wants to be different... Well they certainly are.......... You look like game wardens, which are typically not seen as law enforcement officers. But that is probably what tally wants anyways

07-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Guest 51, when I started we did not have cowboy hats to look like fools in. I can assure you that if this was the look of FWC when I applied, I would not have hired on. This is new and is being forced upon us. As far as leaving, most places are on a hiring freeze, and I actually enjoy what I do. I just want to look professional when I do it.

07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Guest 51, when I started we did not have cowboy hats to look like fools in. I can assure you that if this was the look of FWC when I applied, I would not have hired on. This is new and is being forced upon us. As far as leaving, most places are on a hiring freeze, and I actually enjoy what I do. I just want to look professional when I do it.

Good post guest 2134! I concur.

07-27-2008, 03:48 AM
I liked my job too, but it wasn't helping pay the bills......

07-27-2008, 03:50 AM
I liked my job too, but it wasn't helping pay the bills......

21Regal
07-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm seeing double. What was this thread about anyway.

07-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I did get a chance to see the new cowboy hats at a funeral for a Hero yesterday. The solemness of the ocassion kept many of us from laughing, although I have to admit - I did later. Good Luck.

07-30-2008, 02:08 AM
https://share.myfwc.com/LE/Lists/News%20Flash/DispForm.aspx?ID=1

07-31-2008, 04:55 AM
When the FWC uniforms first came about after the merger, comments were made by management how they resembled the Tennessee Wildlife Agency uniforms.

Now comes the hat and comments have been made by management how the new hat is closely related to what the Texas Rangers wear.

IMO... FWC should have looked to it's Florida heritage for it's uniform. They could have selected colors of BOTH the FMP and GFC for the FWC uniform, not look at what Tennessee is doing. For the hat, both FMP and GFC wore the same hat, just different colors. Why not stay with that, not look at what Texas is doing?

I quess FWC management just wants to be different... Well they certainly are.......... You look like game wardens, which are typically not seen as law enforcement officers. But that is probably what tally wants anyways Game Wardens from the old GFC days got respect mister. People knew that Game Wardens could arrest you for any violation. We held our heads high while working and loved our jobs. Since the merger, its all gone down hill from there. Listen to the public and hear what they say. No matter where you work...if you are working the woods, the public will call you a Game Warden. If you are on the water, you will be referred to as Marine Patrol. Its been like that for years and will continue to stay like that.

07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
The WORST thing the state ever did was break up GFC and FMP. Both agencies were almost as recognizable as FHP and both were highly respected.

07-31-2008, 05:16 PM

I quess FWC management just wants to be different... Well they certainly are.......... You look like game wardens, which are typically not seen as law enforcement officers. But that is probably what tally wants anyways Game Wardens from the old GFC days got respect mister. People knew that Game Wardens could arrest you for any violation. We held our heads high while working and loved our jobs. Since the merger, its all gone down hill from there. Listen to the public and hear what they say. No matter where you work...if you are working the woods, the public will call you a Game Warden. If you are on the water, you will be referred to as Marine Patrol. Its been like that for years and will continue to stay like that.

FMP got respect as well and FMP Officers would hold their head high and loved their jobs too... What does that have to do with a Texas cowboy hat and a uniform simular to the Tennesse Wildlife Officer uniform?

The "respect" FMP, GFC and now FWC had/ has mainly lies with that portion of the public which they deal with (hunters and boaters). Outside of that realm, the respect you think you have, for the most part, is not as great as you think it is....

08-17-2008, 01:55 AM
" I need respect, to accomplish my job" You my friend(s) have an issue. I dont need anyone respecting me for me to do my job. How many times have you heard, "you cant do that!" regardless if the phrase applies to UTC's or 10-15. We don't need anyone to believe we can do our job in order to do it. The respect thing is way too overrated, you are a cop, people f$%#&ng hate you, biologists talk about us behind our backs, other Agencies laugh and clown. Who cares? I think the real problem is you don't respect yourself.

08-26-2008, 03:39 AM
" I need respect, to accomplish my job" You my friend(s) have an issue. I dont need anyone respecting me for me to do my job. How many times have you heard, "you cant do that!" regardless if the phrase applies to UTC's or 10-15. We don't need anyone to believe we can do our job in order to do it. The respect thing is way too overrated, you are a cop, people f$%#&ng hate you, biologists talk about us behind our backs, other Agencies laugh and clown. Who cares? I think the real problem is you don't respect yourself.
Huh? let me type that again...huh? I see how you think....I think! lol....you are definately not from the old school of GFC or FMP. But..you go ahead and do the best you can...however good that is. Good luck to you ...you are going to need it.

11-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I am a full-time Florida LEO and have over 150 law enforcement breadt badges in my collection from all over the U.S. How can I acquire one of the new FWC badges for my collection? .......either through official or unofficial channels, and how much would it cost?
Thanks.
I can be contacted at: FloridaPoliceOfficer2004@yahoo.com :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Good luck they issue two, and they tighter with them than my wife is with my paycheck. Maybe in a couple of years there will be some around.

12-06-2010, 04:18 AM

WOW THAT IS SWEET

I bet your new hat is not as bad as mine. Any pictures?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9685675@N04/2482381207

12-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Here is your new hat... LOL

[youtube:1qyc2gm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEMyphEJHw[/youtube:1qyc2gm8]