PDA

View Full Version : The House is out to gut Probation

04-26-2008, 12:06 AM
http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/2008/Senate/appbills/offers/JA///offer_04222008_2045.pdf

No layoffs at all with the Senate Plan due to unfilled positions but almost 300 CPO actual layoffs with the House plan. This should be decided by Monday at the very latest if it hasnt already been decided.

04-26-2008, 12:50 AM
i hope we lay off hundreds :shock: :arrow: :D

04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
We will lose about 200 active positions! If we lose just one, that is one to many! Thanks for nothing Gordon....

04-26-2008, 01:13 AM
We will lose about 200 active positions! If we lose just one, that is one to many! Thanks for nothing Gordon....

So Gordon's magic only works with the Senate and not the House ?

04-26-2008, 01:16 AM
You have to have magic first! All Gordon has is lazy...

Open Carry Man
04-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Amazing! We're on the verge of layoffs, and folks here can't fix their eyes on the real enemy, House Speaker Marco Rubio (and his cohort, Rep. **** Kravitz). These are the guys set to gut probation. No, they are more fixated on Richard Gordon than on the folks who are offering us up to the chopping block.

Marco Rubio should be concerned that PBA might back a primary challenge in his district, and even a general election Democratic opponent. He needs to be made to feel concerned for his re-election. Alas, there are folks here that are more into ragging on Richard Gordon than on putting pressure on the guy out to give us the shaft.

I don't wish layoffs on anyone; this job feeds a lot of people's families. It doesn't help when we take the focus off of families whose economic welfare will be negatively impacted by Rubio's irresponsible proposals and put it on how Richard is fat, ineffective, has body odor, etc.

When this is all over and everything shakes out, I'll then determine whether or not Richard Gordon succeeded or failed. But the venom here is, quite frankly, more than mindless. It's downright counterproductive.

04-26-2008, 02:41 AM
The real enemy is lazy Gordon. He sat back and watched the jobs going out the window! If he had made it to all the committee meetings and spoke, we would not be in this pickle! Stop sticking up for lazy Gordon!!!

04-26-2008, 02:43 AM
Amazing! We're on the verge of layoffs, and folks here can't fix their eyes on the real enemy, House Speaker Marco Rubio (and his cohort, Rep. . Kravitz). These are the guys set to gut probation. No, they are more fixated on Richard Gordon than on the folks who are offering us up to the chopping block.

Marco Rubio should be concerned that PBA might back a primary challenge in his district, and even a general election Democratic opponent. He needs to be made to feel concerned for his re-election. Alas, there are folks here that are more into ragging on Richard Gordon than on putting pressure on the guy out to give us the shaft.

I don't wish layoffs on anyone; this job feeds a lot of people's families. It doesn't help when we take the focus off of families whose economic welfare will be negatively impacted by Rubio's irresponsible proposals and put it on how Richard is fat, ineffective, has body odor, etc.

When this is all over and everything shakes out, I'll then determine whether or not Richard Gordon succeeded or failed. But the venom here is, quite frankly, more than mindless. It's downright counterproductive.

I think Rubio can do anything politically because he is up due to term limits after this year.

04-26-2008, 02:45 AM
I am not worried abt rubio! We all want Gordon out of office...

04-26-2008, 06:29 AM
The FL house is a joke

04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
doc probation is the biggest joke lay offs i cant wait :D :D

Open Carry Man
04-26-2008, 07:37 PM
I am not worried abt rubio! We all want Gordon out of office...

If that's the case, then you really have no clue of the big picture in all of this.

04-26-2008, 11:41 PM
A part of the big picture is that Gordon was lazy and he did not do the job he was elected to do! It is time for him to step down...

04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
we all are lazy thats why we work at doc probation ... this is a lazy non leo job with poor pay.

Open Carry Man
04-27-2008, 07:00 PM
A part of the big picture is that Gordon was lazy and he did not do the job he was elected to do! It is time for him to step down...

Please tell me one thing: Why MUST the issue of Richard Gordon be decided now? Why can't this wait until everything plays out?

If someone will answer THAT particular question, then I will give some creedence to that point of view. I want to know how changing union leadership RIGHT NOW is better than suspending judgement until this entire matter plays out.

04-27-2008, 08:05 PM
its obvious. They want someone to come in, take Gordons place, fix all the issues with the layoffs, get us a 27 percent raise, get everyone take home cars, full line of new equipment, in the next couple of days before the session is over.

I don't think Jesus, Chuck Norris, Jack Bower or JFK are in line to replace Gordon though, so I am not quite sure if any one man could handle this task.....