PDA

View Full Version : Would you choose the county?

04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Is there anyone out there that if given the job would leave the department for the Miami County Police Department???If so...then why?

04-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Is there anyone out there that if given the job would leave the department for the Miami County Police Department???If so...then why?

In a heart beat! Why? At MDPD you can take the sergeant's exam after three years on, if you come in with a Bachelor's two years! Three years there after, you can sit for the lieutenant's and three years there after captain's. If ascending the civil service promotional process is not your forte, then you can pursue a detective role at the district's General Investigation Unit, or specialized by pursuing an investigative role at the department's Domestic Violence, Robbery, Sexual Battery and Homicide. There are also specialized investigative function in Narcotics, Economic Crime, multiple other investigative functions.

If investigations are not for you, you can stay in Police Service and serve multiple other functions within that Service. Of course , you can also choose to work in Support Services; there you can work at the police academy/training bureau, court services bureau, and learn about the civil process functions of the department under FSS Chapter 30!

What about your current lateral and vertical mobility, is it as promising?

04-25-2008, 11:23 PM
I am currently with school board, but i've been offer a job with MDPD and also city of Miramar PD. Right now im just trying to do some research to see what's more benefitial in the log run. I have a Masters Degree from FIU and USMC SGT, just one year as a cop. The county are taking a lot of laterals.

04-26-2008, 12:16 AM
This place sucks! The county is the place to go, to start off the number one reason to go over to MDPD is that you will be a REAL POLICEMAN, these bull sh*t area checks at ex cheif harlee's house, bro the guy is never there. and stuid ass staff also has a hard on to go after you when you try and work hard. go elsewhere. be safe. we need some young blood in this depatment.

04-26-2008, 12:32 AM
I hear that......thanks for the info.....God Bless