PDA

View Full Version : NY PD COPS

04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD CONTACT WITH NYPD OFFICERS WITHIN THE PAST 3 MONTHS THAT WAS GOOD. IT'S AS IF ALL MY STOPS WERE ASSSSHOOLES. MUST BE IN THE WATER UP THERE !

04-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I had only one bad 10-50 with an NYPD. However it was back in 1991 when he blew the doors off of my pony on I-4. I got him stopped, he held a badge out the window, and took off before I could even get out of my car. After I got him stopped again, we had a discussion which cannot be posted here. Since then I have stopped a bunch over the years and have had no issues. I know every dept has an a-hole or 3.

04-25-2008, 07:39 PM
I always got the same response.. flash of his Tin and the response"retired on the job"..

04-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Sponge Bob that story is unreal

04-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I always got the same response.. flash of his Tin and the response"retired on the job"..

There comes a time when arrogance simply cannot be let go. I had a NYPD cop flash the tin as I approached his window after being stopped for 20 over. The look of irritation on his face and coupled with the statement, "retired nypd and I'm late, can I go" was my breaking point.
No "sorry" or "my fault". So my reply was, "luckliy for me, i'm not retired so I still have my ticket book, need you to wait right here". He was issued a citiation. Sorry but if your going to be an arrogant s.o.b., I am not putting up with that crap.
Oh and before any of you jump on here saying, "typical FHP", I am a city, not FHP.

04-25-2008, 09:30 PM
You are a city? an entire city?

04-25-2008, 10:35 PM

There comes a time when arrogance simply cannot be let go. I had a NYPD cop flash the tin as I approached his window after being stopped for 20 over. The look of irritation on his face and coupled with the statement, "retired nypd and I'm late, can I go" was my breaking point.
No "sorry" or "my fault". So my reply was, "luckliy for me, i'm not retired so I still have my ticket book, need you to wait right here". He was issued a citiation. Sorry but if your going to be an arrogant s.o.b., I am not putting up with that crap.
Oh and before any of you jump on here saying, "typical FHP", I am a city, not FHP.

Good post!

04-25-2008, 11:41 PM

No, you are a jerk.

04-25-2008, 11:43 PM
I had only one bad 10-50 with an NYPD. However it was back in 1991 when he blew the doors off of my pony on I-4. I got him stopped, he held a badge out the window, and took off before I could even get out of my car. After I got him stopped again, we had a discussion which cannot be posted here. Since then I have stopped a bunch over the years and have had no issues. I know every dept has an a-hole or 3.

Holy crap, that was you????

04-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Hey, how come the are no traffic lights between Georgia and Disney?

04-26-2008, 02:59 AM
I stopped a retired NYPD a few months ago. He was clocked at 95/70. I approached the driver and he held out the badge and asked whats the problem. Told him that he was clocked with radar and paced at 95. He told me that I was wrong that he was going 65. Needless to say it went down hill from there. I ended up giving him the ticket. I got told that in his 30 year career he never heard of a cop writing another cop a ticket. The way I looke at it, if he was respectful and admitted it I probbaly look the other way. Needless to say he ended up going to Court. When I testified I stuck to the facts. Then he brought up the NYPD to the Judge. The Judge asked me if in fact this was true. I said yes sir, but I was not going to bring that up. The Judge told him, I find you guilty of the offence and if you don't want a citation then don't go 95.

04-26-2008, 03:49 AM
I stopped a retired NYPD a few months ago. He was clocked at 95/70. I approached the driver and he held out the badge and asked whats the problem. Told him that he was clocked with radar and paced at 95. He told me that I was wrong that he was going 65. Needless to say it went down hill from there. I ended up giving him the ticket. I got told that in his 30 year career he never heard of a cop writing another cop a ticket. The way I looke at it, if he was respectful and admitted it I probbaly look the other way. Needless to say he ended up going to Court. When I testified I stuck to the facts. Then he brought up the NYPD to the Judge. The Judge asked me if in fact this was true. I said yes sir, but I was not going to bring that up. The Judge told him, I find you guilty of the offence and if you don't want a citation then don't go 95.

You should have walked away. Just like you have doen for many civilians. So the guy was a jerk, who cares?

04-26-2008, 04:03 AM

No, you are a jerk.

Thanks! :lol:

04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I am not saying that there will never be a time when you should write another LEO, and I definately think we should all be polite and professional when pulled over off duty, but EVERYONE has bad days and may come off as being rude and a jerk.
You don't always know what has happened to them that day, that morning, last week, etc. They may have a good reason to be such a "jerk".

04-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I am not saying that there will never be a time when you should write another LEO, and I definately think we should all be polite and professional when pulled over off duty, but EVERYONE has bad days and may come off as being rude and a jerk.
You don't always know what has happened to them that day, that morning, last week, etc. They may have a good reason to be such a "jerk".

He carried that attitude to court! That is the first time I wrote a Cop or Retired Cop. I understand people have bad days, and he should have been respectful and told me. Just this week I stopped another retired NYPD Cop going to the Airport. She was zoning out because her Mother is in Hospice care. Of course, I let her go. Some people are just arse holes.

04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
IT APPEARS THAT IT MUST BE WHAT IS TAUGHT IN THEIR TRAINING UP THERE. WHILE IN MY MARKED UNIT AND WAITING FOR AN OLDER WOMAN TO PULL OUT FROM A PARKING SLOT THIS MORAN WITH NY TAGS PULLS IN WHILE I AM WAITING FOR HER TO CLEAR. WHEN I ASKED THE DRIVER WHY SUCH A STUPID MOVE HE GOT IN MY FACE WITH HIS SHEILD AND AS LATER TRANSPORTED TO DADE COUNTY JAIL. WHAT A MORAN. THERE ARE THINGS ONE DOES NOT DUE TO YOUR ON KIND.

04-26-2008, 06:21 PM
It really seems cops and corruption go hand and hand in Northern states especially cities like Boston and NYPD. Looking at many of the LEOs arrested or problem children, a good majority come from the North or our down here on their second retirement. I know most guys (not all) from NYPD are horrible lazy zone partners.

04-26-2008, 06:34 PM
WHEN YOU TALK TO ONE ABOUT ANYTHING , THEY HAVE IT BIGGER AND BETTER. WE WENT TO NYPD IN MANHATT NEW YORK AFTER 9-11 TO ASSIST. WE RODE ON PATROL SO THEIR PARTNERS COULD TAKE A BREAK AS THEY WERE WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK. FROM WHAT I SAW THEY DID NOT GET THE RESPECT WE GET HERE. WE EARN IT THEY DEMAND IT. WE ARRESTED TASED, AND DID WHAT WE HAD TO DO THEY JUST RAN OFF AT THE MOUTH. YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT.

04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
eh, there are a lot of good guys from up there.

04-27-2008, 02:25 AM

There are indeed some good guys...and some bad guys. Yet, people come on these FHP boards and label us all because one FHP Trooper writes a cop a ticket.

04-27-2008, 03:55 AM

There are indeed some good guys...and some bad guys. Yet, people come on these FHP boards and label us all because one FHP Trooper writes a cop a ticket.

Just goes to show you how smart smart some of these guys are. If I labeled every sheriffs office and city department by the few idiot deputies and officers I have encountered, I would hate every single one of them. I know there will always be some people who slip through the cracks of the process, thats why I dont judge entire departments by the actions of a few.