PDA

View Full Version : From WEAR TV website

04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Escambia County Sheriffs Office Major Crimes Unit Changes Schedule

In an effort to clean up the streets in Escambia County ... Investigators from the major crimes unit will be switching their schedules.

Investigators with the sheriff's department have put their nine to five jobs aside and will now work from three in the afternoon to one the next morning.

First On 3... Erin Ovalle joins us with more on how they expect this change to help.

This Dollar General was robbed at gun point just a few weeks ago ... And like many other crimes... It happened at night.

It's at times like that ... When sheriff's investigators are called out on their off time.

They say the overtime has become costly for the department and the increase in crime has called for a change.

Raising small children in some parts of Pensacola has become a tough task for parents like Ray Evil who says crime has increased near his home close to Brownsville.

"Young kids carrying guns, drive by's you never seen here, selling drugs is going up."

He wants a safe community for his children ... And looks to law enforcement for help.

"I want them to do everything they can to make it safe for our kids."

And investigators with the sheriff's department are doing just that. We drove around with deputy tim edmondson from the major crimes unit.

He and his five co-workers are now on a new schedule ... Switching from days to nights.

"Majority of calls happen between six and midnight."

Sargent Buddy Neismith is head of the unit.

He says previously investigators were called out at least twice a week on their time off ... Receiveing about ten hours of overtime.

Now they're not only saving the department money but they say they'll be on the scene of a crime forty five minutes faster.

"Sex crimes, batteries, robberies, drive by shootings when people get descriptions we're out here now with them."

"I'm with them one hundred percent."

It's a sixty day trial ... There will be about three to four investigators working every night.

After sixty days they'll review how well the new schedule worked and will decide if they should keep it or go back to their old routine.

Last Updated: Thursday, April 24 2008, 11:40 PM

Overtime????? ha ha ha ha hah.

04-25-2008, 11:40 PM
OVERTIME?????? Now thats funny!. I still cant find a store that will take comp hours for groceries! Why just the other day I made my son a comp and cheese sandwich and he wouldn't eat it. He said it wasn't filling.

You have to admit, the comp time scam is the best thing going for the administration since slavery. All work and no pay makes Johnny have to work many signal 15's

04-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't think we should be forced to take comp time or forced to take overtime. Some people prefer overtime for the cash, others prefer the comp for the time off. It should be an option...when you fill out the timesheet, you should be able to choose how you receive it. A department I used to work for was like that. http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug03.gif

04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't think we should be forced to take comp time or forced to take overtime. Some people prefer overtime for the cash, others prefer the comp for the time off. It should be an option...when you fill out the timesheet, you should be able to choose how you receive it. A department I used to work for was like that. http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug03.gif

You must have worked for an agency that cared about the employees. No so here. The only ones that McNesby cares about are his cronies.