PDA

View Full Version : The house bill dying?

Trooper86
04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
I heard the the bill in the house died today. From what I was told, the bill is stuck in the policy and budget committee and will most likely die there. Tim any x43 from tally?

04-24-2008, 08:49 PM
I thought the bills had passed all the committees and were waiting to be heard and voted on by the entire house and senate? Am I missing something? Maybe I just don't understand the process. Can it be any more complicated? The process must have been created by the PEOPLE FIRST folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ

Trooper86
04-24-2008, 09:18 PM
I got this information when a trooper called the office of Speaker
Marco Rubio, He was told by one of the staff members in Speaker Rubio's office that House Bill 831 was stuck in the Policy & Budget Council and looks like its going to die there. That Speaker Rubio will try again next year.

In other news yesterday the senate place SB 920 on Calendar, on 2nd reading. But without the House Bill, will the Senate bill die?

04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Hope this isn't true, but would not surprise me if it was. Giving Troopers a pay raise is not popular with the masses. It will not be any more popular next year or the year after. Glad to hear that they were able to find money (11 million dollars) to revive the Road Rangers. Maybe they can work the wrecks since they will be there clearing the road anyway.

04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Although the Senate can still pass it's version, it is useless without a companion bill from the house.

04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
By the sounds of that, looks like this is going to be a FANTASTIC year for us Troopers!

04-24-2008, 09:38 PM
I can't wait to get my bonus again....Its such a great system to make sure you never pay a living wage. At this rate we should meet the federal threshold for poverty by 2010.

04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
OK, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING SUCH AS ; CALLING SEANTOR CARLTON AND OTHERS, THE NEWS MEDIA, TV 7, 10, DROVE TO TALLY TO SPEAK WITH A SPOKES PERSON, AS A NON TROOPER WHAT IS THE NEXT THING I CAN DO TO HELP ?

THANKS,
BOB

04-24-2008, 09:47 PM
7..8...9..10.. It's over!

04-24-2008, 10:27 PM
By the sounds of that, looks like this is going to be a FANTASTIC year for us Troopers!

YEP, AND MANAGEMENT IS GOING TO RIDE US LIKE DOGS TO HELP THE COUNTIES MAKE UP THEIR LOST PROPERTY TAX REVENUE. THE FEW THAT ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO HANG AROUND WILL LOVE TO GO TO WORK EVERY DAY. NO LEAVE TIME AND DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS :shock:

04-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Wonder if they are going to increase the traffic fines some more? With gas at $5.00 a gallon and people struggling to make ends meet, it will be "fun" to pull somebody over and greet them with a $500 ticket for going 15 mph over while we are still making $33,000. Glad we can help produce revenue for the legislators that take such great care of us.

04-24-2008, 10:35 PM
O.K. Tim
Set us straight on the facts SB 920 relating to our pay raise

04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
You all are forgetting HB5067 which is basicaly the same as HB831. HB5067 is alive. So we don't really need HB831. HB5067 includes the merger with DOT and some other fillers.

04-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Its funny you should hear there is a problem in the house? I was told today that the house was a lock but the Senate was where we might have problems. Go figure?

04-24-2008, 10:59 PM
What is going on in Tally Tim?

04-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I got this information when a trooper called the office of Speaker
Marco Rubio, He was told by one of the staff members in Speaker Rubio's office that House Bill 831 was stuck in the Policy & Budget Council and looks like its going to die there. That Speaker Rubio will try again next year.

In other news yesterday the senate place SB 920 on Calendar, on 2nd reading. But without the House Bill, will the Senate bill die?

Did any of you read what I posted two days ago? The language is in the House budget. That is where our focus is now. For those of you who are not paying attention, I'll repost the one from Tuesday night. Things are still looking very positive. You need to keep up the calls and urge the Senate President to accept the House proposal for Trooper Retention. Call the Speaker's office and urge him to stand firm on the budget language. And for crying out loud, please read my posts! Here's the truth about what is happening right now:

Here's the deal: whether the bill passes or not, it all rests on the budget now. The language for the bill is already in the House budget, so we just need them to stand firm. What we need to do from here on out is shift our focus from SB 920 and HB 831 to budget negotiations. Continue your calls as you have been doing. Focus on President Pruitt, but keep the pressure on all parties...increase the pressure...we need to push and push hard to finish the deal. Ask the Senate members, especially President Pruitt, to accept the House retention plan for troopers. Keep the pressure up! By next Monday, we will know where we're at. All indications right now are positive, but you cannot let them forget us. KEEP IT UP!

Sgt. Tim Roufa
FHP\PBA Legislative Liaison

04-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Nobody write any freaking tickets unless you have to. What are they going to do, fire you for not writing tickets? This state has pissed on us one too many times. This money was going to come from people that willfully broke the law. It wasn't a tax or anything else, it was money that is 100% justified and yet the state refuses to do it. Anyone that is out there writing 50 tickets a week is a sheep that is letting this state walk all over them. You cant get something for nothing and we need to show them that. Grow some balls everyone!

04-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Grow some balls everyone!

NO !!!! Balls are illegal !!!!

Now. Go write tickets.

Beast need revenue.

Ugh.

04-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks Timbo :lol: Glad to hear that things are still alive.