PDA

View Full Version : Major Rogers

04-23-2008, 11:50 PM
I was in Roll Call today and a PBA Rep by the name of Russ Dipenra came into roll call today to discuss the contract with us and the XO had him removed from the building. I later did some snooping around and found out that MAJOR ROGERS sent a memo to Chief Page stating that PBA Reps will no longer be allowed to discuss contract issues at Roll Call. Are you kidding me is this Communist Russia or something???? I have to tell I have worked here for many years and I have been here for the ups and downs but I think this was a decisive moment in BSO History when we finally reached rock bottom. I felt so bad for Russ but even worse for myself for trusting what the Sheriff had told us about the financial situation of this agency. I can tell you this I spoke to quite a few people during the Shift and I couldnt find one who said they werent disgusted and were not going to vote against the contract. Furthermore I can only speak for myself but Sheriff Lamberti just mine and my families vote in November.

04-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I was in Roll Call today and a PBA Rep by the name of Russ Dipenra came into roll call today to discuss the contract with us and the XO had him removed from the building. I later did some snooping around and found out that MAJOR ROGERS sent a memo to Chief Page stating that PBA Reps will no longer be allowed to discuss contract issues at Roll Call. Are you kidding me is this Communist Russia or something???? I have to tell I have worked here for many years and I have been here for the ups and downs but I think this was a decisive moment in BSO History when we finally reached rock bottom. I felt so bad for Russ but even worse for myself for trusting what the Sheriff had told us about the financial situation of this agency. I can tell you this I spoke to quite a few people during the Shift and I couldnt find one who said they werent disgusted and were not going to vote against the contract. Furthermore I can only speak for myself but Sheriff Lamberti just mine and my families vote in November.

I hope you are just making this up.

04-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Russ is not giving the facts, he is telling a slanted story with many exaggerations and mistruths. I wouldn't let a guy come to roll call either if I was the Sheriff, especially some do nothing fishbowl working piece of crap who has been doing nothing but talking shit about me and openly supporting someone else for sheriff.

When it comes down to it Roll call is for shift information, it is not a free commercial for the PBA. If you want to discuss union business go to the PBA meetings.

You may not like it, but that is the way it is.

04-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Russ is not giving the facts, he is telling a slanted story with many exaggerations and mistruths. I wouldn't let a guy come to roll call either if I was the Sheriff, especially some do nothing fishbowl working piece of crap who has been doing nothing but talking shizzat about me and openly supporting someone else for sheriff.

When it comes down to it Roll call is for shift information, it is not a free commercial for the PBA. If you want to discuss union business go to the PBA meetings.

Well said and so true.

04-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Russ is not giving the facts, he is telling a slanted story with many exaggerations and mistruths. I wouldn't let a guy come to roll call either if I was the Sheriff, especially some do nothing fishbowl working piece of crap who has been doing nothing but talking shizzat about me and openly supporting someone else for sheriff.

Well said and so true.

Why is it that my captain can tell us in roll call to vote yes for the contract but a union rep can't tell us to vote no?

04-24-2008, 12:49 AM

That is the problem, and the reason that the PBA reps. are so scared. This PBA meeting had less people then any of the previous, maybe 100 or so. Most deputy's don't give a crap, or just do whatever is easiest when it comes to PBA buisness. This is why these guys are going to roll calls so they can actually trap an audience. The N.Y. crew are self serving, fact twisting, self serving, Scott Israel supporting idiots. We don't want to hear what they have to say anyway. They are doing us a favor by barring them from roll call.

Roll call is for minor things like officer safety bolos and information, not Russ' pitch for scott israel.

04-24-2008, 12:51 AM

Well said and so true.

Why is it that my captain can tell us in roll call to vote yes for the contract but a union rep can't tell us to vote no?Why can Lamberti come in and tell us to vote for the contract, but the PBA can't. Lamberti was in Pompano and Weston.

04-24-2008, 12:53 AM

That is the problem, and the reason that the PBA reps. are so scared. This PBA meeting had less people then any of the previous, maybe 100 or so. Most deputy's don't give a crap, or just do whatever is easiest when it comes to PBA buisness. This is why these guys are going to roll calls so they can actually trap an audience. The N.Y. crew are self serving, fact twisting, self serving, Scott Israel supporting idiots. We don't want to hear what they have to say anyway. They are doing us a favor by barring them from roll call.

Roll call is for minor things like officer safety bolos and information, not Russ' pitch for scott israel.

YOU ARE SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG. We are tired attending the meeting and listening to the BULL$HIT.. Give us the ballots so we can vote NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO already.

04-24-2008, 12:54 AM
In case you forgot, Lamberti is the Sheriff. Diperna is a pee on butt wipe.

Not to mention Lamberti has never gone to a roll call and urged people to vote for him, however, Russ, has mentioned Scott Israel's name a little too often.

04-24-2008, 01:03 AM

Not to mention Lamberti has never gone to a roll call and urged people to vote for him, however, Russ, has mentioned Scott Israel's name a little too often.

Soooooooooo fuken what!!!!!!!!!!!! He is entitled to his opinion. Are you saying rank and file can't come up with their own conclusions? I vote the way, I want to vote. Others and I can see what is going on... We are royally getting shafted by the sheriff and his cronies. I don't need someone to tell me that! It's being flaunted in our faces everyday... Give us the ballots already so we can vote down this contract already.

04-24-2008, 01:13 AM

Soooooooooo fuken what!!!!!!!!!!!! He is entitled to his opinion. Are you saying rank and file can't come up with their own conclusions? I vote the way, I want to vote. Others and I can see what is going on... We are royally getting shafted by the sheriff and his cronies. I don't need someone to tell me that! It's being flaunted in our faces everyday... Give us the ballots already so we can vote down this contract already.

Yeah, he's entitled to his opinion like everyone else....but NOT in roll call.

04-24-2008, 01:18 AM

I am glad to hear that but can you tell the sheriff and his merry men to shut the fvck up at roll call also!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just give us the ballots so we can vote already. No more lies or BS.. We are getting tired of the propaganda.

:roll:

04-24-2008, 03:18 AM

I am glad to hear that but can you tell the sheriff and his merry men to shut the fvck up at roll call also!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just give us the ballots so we can vote already. No more lies or BS.. We are getting tired of the propaganda.

Your beef is with the PBA. We're all waiting for the ballots..........

:roll:

04-24-2008, 03:21 AM

Rogers also urged detectives to pin open cases on on recent apprehensions, thus the big case falsification scandal! Yeah he's a keeper Big Al!

04-24-2008, 04:14 AM

I think you are incorrect sir, I dont think that is the PBA Reps who are scared I think it is the Sheriff. If the currrent contract proposal passes the PBA Reps would be off the hook from their promise of 5%,5%,5%. So it would be a win, win for the PBA because they could blame the membership for voting it in.(which by the way is a really good reason to vote this contract down). The Sheriff on the other hand sees the PBA Reps going out and presenting the membership with accurate facts that the Sheriff cannot dispute which also happen to expose his continuous lies. Add in the fact that if this contract is voted down the Sheriff is terrified of going to a Special Master and/or Public Hearing, because he would be force to explain his budget in a public forum and would be exposed to the whole agency and the public as a whole as a liar. He wont be able to sit in a public hearing and tell his stories that you cant use County Funds to subsidize Contract City contracts because that statement would be immdiately shot down as untrue and he would look incredibly foolish in the paper the next day. A public hearing would also be a disaster because it would coincide with the heart of the election and he would be fighting 2 opponents rather then one. This would be the kiss of death for his campaign and he very well knows this. Believe me brothers and sisters when I tell you the Sheriff and all his 25 year BSO henchman are terrified because they all know that who ever comes in and judging by all the rhetoric I keep seeing hes particualrly scared of Chieft Isreal, that their will be a major house cleaning and they end out on the street or demoted from ranks they never deserved in the first place. By the way I was in Pompano when the Sheriff came in and he attempted to scare and strong arm the young Deputies into supporting his contract. Thank god the majority saw through his rouse and have decided to vote no. If some of you havent seen the memo that the Pompano Beach Reps put out you should try to get your hands on a copy of it, it was very enlightening. I hate to tell you all Sheriff Lamberti is not your friend, he could care less about you and your families and only cares about winning this election. I hate to say it but the Al Lamberti who was the hard charging President of the FOP is no more, all that is left is the shell of that man who is now a self serving Politician.

04-24-2008, 11:21 AM
There is nothing in the CBA that allows the PBA to make roll call presentations. The PBA is allowed a bulletin board in each district to post union information and that's it.

My question is this...where were these PBA roll call presentations when POWERTRAC and Jenne were screwing everyone over? We needed you then, but all the reps and Brickman were sucking Jenne's azz. Yeah you guys are real tough now huh. I'm impressed....NOT.

Mark my words...when the contract gets approved and Lamberti wins all this BS will stop.

04-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Next time one of the REPS comes to your roll calls ask them this question.

Who are YOU and the PBA supporting for Sheriff?

If they give you a stock answer like Whovever gives a good/fair contract or Whoever the board supports or that's personal...then my friends you will see the Smoking Gun.

Things are not what they appear. The REPS have had lunch with some of the people running for sheriff....I have never heard any of them say they are willing to give us 5-5-5.

It's all a smoke screen.

04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Next time one of the REPS comes to your roll calls ask them this question.

Who are YOU and the PBA supporting for Sheriff?

If they give you a stock answer like Whovever gives a good/fair contract or Whoever the board supports or that's personal...then my friends you will see the Smoking Gun.

Things are not what they appear. The REPS have had lunch with some of the people running for sheriff....I have never heard any of them say they are willing to give us 5-5-5.

It's all a smoke screen.Listen Lamberti lover, Al will be gone in 6-months and 1-week regardless of any rep, PBA, lunch or funds raised. The reality of it is, It doesn't matter what this guy Diperna says,although He's great, Scott Isreal will be our next Sheriff and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
There is nothing in the CBA that allows the PBA to make roll call presentations. The PBA is allowed a bulletin board in each district to post union information and that's it.

My question is this...where were these PBA roll call presentations when POWERTRAC and Jenne were screwing everyone over? We needed you then, but all the reps and Brickman were sucking Jenne's azz. Yeah you guys are real tough now huh. I'm impressed....NOT.

Mark my words...when the contract gets approved and Lamberti wins all this BS will stop.

You should be driving a garbage truck for a living, you have no brains left. Forget Ken Jenne he's a convicted felon!!! Lets worry about whats happening know!! You should know all to well that the administration of Ken jenne was vindictive, look at happened the last contract that was voted down! Looks like things haven't changed much with Larry the cable guy getting involved! Vote NO!!

04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
The only reason union business should not be discussed at roll calls is when it becomes biast and threatening. Other then tha if it is just to inform members in a general manner, then no problem. DiPerna was very biast I am sure, and did not send a general PBA a message out he sent his opinion out.

04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
This type of presentation has always been against policy and agreed upon by the PBA. So who was responsible for giving Russ the floor? What? Is that admin over there stupid? I question someone's intellect for permitting this to happen. But as usual, nothing will happen to them because there is a club amongst brass. They can do no wrong. Just us peons.

04-24-2008, 11:55 PM

Well said and so true.

Why is it that my captain can tell us in roll call to vote yes for the contract but a union rep can't tell us to vote no?

I know, it's tough having to listen to an authority higher than yourself or the union.

04-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Major Rogers is 10-08.

04-25-2008, 03:37 AM
Major Rogers is 10-08.

But he was Jenne's biotch!

04-25-2008, 04:07 AM
[quote="The Smoking Gun":39j1lbm1]There is nothing in the CBA that allows the PBA to make roll call presentations. The PBA is allowed a bulletin board in each district to post union information and that's it.

You should be driving a garbage truck for a living, you have no brains left. Forget Ken Jenne he's a convicted felon!!! Lets worry about whats happening know!! You should know all to well that the administration of Ken jenne was vindictive, look at happened the last contract that was voted down! Looks like things haven't changed much with Larry the cable guy getting involved! Vote NO!![/quote:39j1lbm1]
What's happening "know" is that the PBA has an agenda. This is evident by the fact that the ballots were supposed to be sent out tomorrow, but now will be held until May 01. They were going to be distributed by your reps according to assignment. Now, they are being put in alphabetical order, whereby your rep has to hand pick your ballot to deliver it (providing he remembers your name) So, if this is how they play, maybe you never get your ballot and do not get the opportunity to vote. I will have my happy behind at the PBA office the very day the the ballots are distributed to make sure that I vote. The PBA and certain former NYPD employees are hoping that the vote passes you by. Be sure to keep in contact with your co-workers regarding the ballots. No matter which way you vote, do NOT allow people with an agenda to sway or control your vote. I will be ok with the majority vote. You don't need to know which way I am voting.... But do not let people with something to lose or gain keep you voice from being heard.

04-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Its funny how were the ballots supposed to go out this week when the meeting to pick them up isnt until May 1st???? Hmmm I wonder why someone would post something like that when its isnt true. Can you say Sheriff AL butt kisser with an agenda!!!! The reason they are being hand delivered to the membership is because we have an excellent luck getting members to return them. Just as an example for the last Rep election we mailed out the ballots and got back 564. For the recent Shift Survey which were hand delivered we got back over 1100. So to the above poster who states that there is some conspiracy amongest Reps not to hand out the ballots I think the above statistic says it all. Obviously if someone doesnt get one for whatever reason they can ask their Rep, ask another Rep, or go to the PBA Office to get one. As much as I know the above post is nothing more then DESPERATE Lamberti rhetoric and lies I do encourage you and and every other member to vote. I personally would prefer that people would vote no just making sure you vote is just as important.

04-25-2008, 05:36 AM
NO! is the way to go on the contract. NO! to the obvious bull crap that we can't find a couple of $mil$ for our raise. The scary thing: NO! we don't really know who the hell to trust when it comes to leading this place. What a clusterphuck of a law enforcement agency this place is, my goodness!!! When the Sheriff of Broward County was given the power of Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot, and Castro combined, that all but guaranteed that the douche bag appointed or voted into the top spot was going to turn into a frickin politician. I don't trust Lamberti, Israel, Lemack, Asswipe, Shitbreath, or Dillhole anymore than I trust a scumbag riding a bike with no lights at 3 am. We have so many employees in so many bull crap, invented positions when all this place is supposed to do is police the streets, store the inmates, and serve civil processes or whatever. We have fire rescue, pre-trial, CPIeceofShit, and a trillion other crappy entities that have no business being tied into a POLICE DEPARTMENT and CORRECTIONAL DEPARTMENT. What a nightmare! The wastes of space at the PSB have nice cush jobs, they look at a$$ all day, sit in the nice A/C, while the road dogs are out there busting their a$$e$ for the crappiest pay in Broward. No details, limited OT, increasing crime, dwindling morale, that's this place. The backbone of the agency is what's been getting boned in the back for way too long. Who the hell is going to change this all? The PBA brings the numers and the rhetoric and at least they're fighting. I don't like their choices for "The Leader" but at least they battle. To the roadies, keep hustling man. We'll get ours someday. This place is nothing without us. And again, VOTE NO.

PS: The sworn detectives at the PSB don't fit in with the cush crew. They work long and hard and are damn good at what they do. They're being shafted just like we are. Keep on trucking, ladies and gents.

04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Just send me the damn ballot...why all this smoke and mirrors. I'll vote right in front of my REPS face. They don't scare me and they shouldn't intimidate anyone. I'm Voting YESSSSSSS. All the scare tactics don't mean jack to me.. I'm voting YESSSSSSSS and I hope that pisses you NO Voters and Lemach supporters and ISeral voters off. Yes yes yes...I should make a song by YES titled yesssss YESSSSS YEsssss Yessss...

SEND ME THAT DAMN BALLOT...SO I CAN VOTE YESSSSSSSSSSS.

04-25-2008, 12:27 PM
This contract is going to pass. PBA dropped the ball again. It's like a freight train, and all the petitions in the world won't stop it. Vote yes! :lol:

04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
What petitions are you refering too. And I think you are incorrect the contract will not pass and just in the past the NAZIs will be defeated.

Simple math:

33 million returned last year to the County + 3%,3%,3%, raise= Vote NO!!!!!

The membership has facts and they will rise up in one voice and say NO!!!!

04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
What petitions are you refering too. And I think you are incorrect the contract will not pass and just in the past the NAZIs will be defeated.

Simple math:

33 million returned last year to the County + 3%,3%,3%, raise= Vote NO!!!!!

The membership has facts and they will rise up in one voice and say NO!!!!

I'm referring to the petition to kick JL out of his rep position. Just send out the ballots and prepare for the resounding YES.

04-26-2008, 12:02 AM
NO! is the way to go on the contract. NO! to the obvious bull crap that we can't find a couple of $mil$ for our raise. The scary thing: NO! we don't really know who the hell to trust when it comes to leading this place. What a cluster of a law enforcement agency this place is, my goodness!!! When the Sheriff of Broward County was given the power of Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot, and Castro combined, that all but guaranteed that the douche bag appointed or voted into the top spot was going to turn into a frickin politician. I don't trust Lamberti, Israel, Lemack, Asswipe, breath, or Dillhole anymore than I trust a scumbag riding a bike with no lights at 3 am. We have so many employees in so many bull crap, invented positions when all this place is supposed to do is police the streets, store the inmates, and serve civil processes or whatever. We have fire rescue, pre-trial, CPIece , and a trillion other crappy entities that have no business being tied into a POLICE DEPARTMENT and CORRECTIONAL DEPARTMENT. What a nightmare! The wastes of space at the PSB have nice cush jobs, they look at a$$ all day, sit in the nice A/C, while the road dogs are out there busting their a$$e$ for the crappiest pay in Broward. No details, limited OT, increasing crime, dwindling morale, that's this place. The backbone of the agency is what's been getting boned in the back for way too long. Who the hell is going to change this all? The PBA brings the numers and the rhetoric and at least they're fighting. I don't like their choices for "The Leader" but at least they battle. To the roadies, keep hustling man. We'll get ours someday. This place is nothing without us. And again, VOTE NO.

PS: The sworn detectives at the PSB don't fit in with the cush crew. They work long and hard and are darn good at what they do. They're being shafted just like we are. Keep on trucking, ladies and gents.

Best post I've read on this site in a longgggggg time. I'm with you bro let's all vote no.

04-26-2008, 01:09 AM
[quote="NO!"]"...........We have so many employees in so many bull crap, invented positions when all this place is supposed to do is police the streets, store the inmates, and serve civil processes or whatever....... The wastes of space at the PSB have nice cush jobs, they look at a$$ all day, sit in the nice A/C, while the road dogs are out there busting their a$$e$ for the crappiest pay in Broward. ... PS: The sworn detectives at the PSB don't fit in with the cush crew. They work long and hard and are darn good at what they do....."

Accountability, Accounting, Accreditation, Administration, Backgrounds, Benefits, BIRM, Budget, CAD & Mobile Data, Chaplain, Civil, Communications, Contracts, DLE Admin, Details, Extraditions, External Affairs, Finance, Fire Rescue, General Counsel, Grants, Help Desk, Human Resources, Mail Couriers, Majors, Media Relations, Payroll, PAL, Professional Standards, Purchasing, Records, Recruiting, Regional Investigations (oh, according to you these are the only people in the PSB who work hard and are good at what they do), Risk Management, Staff Inspections, Staff Services, Sheriff's Office, Technical Support, Training, Warrants, Youth Intervention and Enforcement.

Off the top of my head these are the bulk of the "bull crap, invented positions" at the PSB. I wanted to spell it out for ya, (you know, twist the knife) All of us are in the A/C and you're not! I have a cush job, we all have cush jobs, and we all see hot a/s/s coming in all day... in green pants. ha ha ha ha. THANK GOODNESS YOU DON'T NEED ANY OF US FOR ANY REASON ! ! ! ! Leave the attitude in your unit next time you come in for something. Get help. Say a prayer.

04-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Dude you need some help. Listin...go have a drink and hang out with the family...enjoy your life. You have taken this BS way to personal. When the smoke clears it's all BS. So chill.

We are all on the same team.... Don't forget that.

04-26-2008, 02:25 AM
PBA time in rollcall is to discuss union business only not union propaganda, that is the law per PERC. This vote willnever no, if a PERC complaint is filed, which its coming close becasue people like DiPerna, Bailen, Berman, are trying to shove their opionions down YOUR throats. What's the diffference of your Captain or any other membe rof this department speaking his opinion than them speaking theirs. So, the opinion is only okay if the these NYPD ex a-holes speak?

You need to get out the district you're in and speak to others, who ar enot in favor of the contract but tired of these three idiots

04-26-2008, 04:55 AM
First of all if you dont like them so much why dont you tell them to their faces instead of hiding behind a computer like the coward you are. Just a perfect of example of a Lamberti supporter loud mouth liar, bully and coward. By the way you are partly correct PERC rules stated that Union officials cannot discuss contract related issues in roll call UNLESS Management comes into roll call and discusses them which by the way the Sheriff has already done in Pompano and Weston. So since you brought it up the Sheriff is the one in violation of PERC Rules and is guilty of an unfair Labor Practice. What a surprise the Nazi Lamberti lying and not following state rules. VOTE NO EVERYONE but Loud Mouths like this in their place.

Remember:

Sheriff Lamberti giving back 33 million last year +3%,3%,3%= Vote NO!!!