PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leiner

04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I can't believe it, Jay Leiner is on the PBA Board of directors and voted to not support the contract in a board meeting. Then goes out and tries selling the contract as fair. I found out that Jay Leiner donated 500 dollars to Lamberti. How can this be possible. How can a PBA board member be directly involved in contract talks and donate money to the candidate in question.

04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
I can't believe it, Jay Leiner is on the PBA Board of directors and voted to not support the contract in a board meeting. Then goes out and tries selling the contract as fair. I found out that Jay Leiner donated 500 dollars to Lamberti. How can this be possible. How can a PBA board member be directly involved in contract talks and donate money to the candidate in question.

While I will reserve judgement on your motivation for this post, what is wrong with supporting the best candidate? Yes he is not currently offering a fair contract, he's trying to buy us cheap and save money. It's up to us to make a stand and put the ball back in his court. It's election time, our Sheriff needs us but he also needs to give us a fair offer.

04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
The motivation for the original post probably goes something like this: It's called Conflict of Interest. One cannot ethically serve two masters. Jay votes with the Board privately then turns and actively and publicly undermines their efforts. I see that as a problem. And this is not the first time he has done this. I understand he sandbagged the Board earlier this year when it came to the Impasse vote. Jay should step down in favor of someone who has only the memberships' bests interest at heart.

04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
The motivation for the original post probably goes something like this: It's called Conflict of Interest. One cannot ethically serve two masters. Jay votes with the Board privately then turns and actively and publicly undermines their efforts. I see that as a problem. And this is not the first time he has done this. I understand he sandbagged the Board earlier this year when it came to the Impasse vote. Jay should step down in favor of someone who has only the memberships' bests interest at heart.

If this is true, he should be removed immediately

04-23-2008, 11:30 PM
I can't believe it, Jay Leiner is on the PBA Board of directors and voted to not support the contract in a board meeting. Then goes out and tries selling the contract as fair. I found out that Jay Leiner donated 500 dollars to Lamberti. How can this be possible. How can a PBA board member be directly involved in contract talks and donate money to the candidate in question. Who else gave money to Lamberti?

04-23-2008, 11:34 PM

If this is true, he should be removed immediately

He will be the petitions for the recall have already gone out I saw one in Pompano today. Im sure by the end of May he will be gone!!!

04-24-2008, 12:35 AM
I can't believe it, Jay Leiner is on the PBA Board of directors and voted to not support the contract in a board meeting. Then goes out and tries selling the contract as fair. I found out that Jay Leiner donated 500 dollars to Lamberti. How can this be possible. How can a PBA board member be directly involved in contract talks and donate money to the candidate in question. Who else gave money to Lamberti?

Alot of people gave money to Lamberit, including me. It is public record, go to the supervisor of elections site and look. We are not scared to let people know we support Sheriff Lamberti. The contract is a separate issue in my mind, I have seen this place go through a few terrible sheriff's, and I don't want to see another one come in, (Israel, Lemack). No matter how you twist it, Lamberti is the best man for the job, period, and the only one who is qualified.

04-24-2008, 01:51 AM
I don't care who Jay supports as an individual. But as a member of the Board he has a duty to the membership to avoid even the appearence of a conflict of interest. He has failed to do so. He has publicly undermined the Board's position. When you combine that with campaign contributions, it calls his ethics and honesty into question. Jay should resign from the Board. For the record, I want Lamberti to remain the Sheriff. But he must earn my vote. I have seen nothing to convince me the man I used to work for is the same man now in charge. A fair contract would be the best way to prove it.

04-24-2008, 04:37 AM
I hate to say it but the man you worked for no longer exists. Hes now a Politician and all the little people that supported him so vehemently for this position have all but been forgotten. His blanatant disrespect for the membership with he pathetic contract offer and his strong arm tatics ie: Going to Pompano in an attempt to strong arm the membership or having Deputy Diperna removed from Weston roll call, illustrate that he is no longer the man he used to be. I support the Sheriff but I have to say my support is wavering every day. Im going to vote no on the contract and Im starting to think Im going to look else where for leadership in November.

04-25-2008, 04:18 AM
I hate to say it but the man you worked for no longer exists. Hes now a Politician and all the little people that supported him so vehemently for this position have all but been forgotten. His blanatant disrespect for the membership with he pathetic contract offer and his strong arm tatics ie: Going to Pompano in an attempt to strong arm the membership or having Deputy Diperna removed from Weston roll call, illustrate that he is no longer the man he used to be. I support the Sheriff but I have to say my support is wavering every day. Im going to vote no on the contract and Im starting to think Im going to look else where for leadership in November.

You don't hate to say it... You have an agenda. You are an Israel supporter, and shame on you for assuming he is the one who had Diperna removed from a roll call. If I was the sergeant in Weston, I would have had Diperna move the discussion to another location. Roll call at a district office is no place to stand on a soap box and give your propaganda regarding union issues. Diperna was acting as a travelling salesman for Israel and everyone knows that. Don't blame Lamberti for that, because you have no evidence of that. If you want to fault Jay for having the nads to stand up for what he believes then you didn't want him as a rep to begin with.

04-25-2008, 04:29 AM
I was in Weston when Russ was there and if he mentioned Scott Isreals name once it was a lot. If your foolish enough to think that any supervisor would take it upon themselves to stop a Labor Official from speaking to their membership youve been drinking way yo much of the Lamberti Kool-Aid. If you knew as much as you seem to think you know, no Sgt would take that upon themselves because it violates Federal Labor Laws and it is an unfair Labor Practice. The marching orders came from the Sheriff via old man Werder via Major Rogers via Chief Page, thats a fact I was in the District after Russ was removed and was told that staright from the horses mouth. As far as Jay Leiner goes, he knew the rules and chose to violate them. Maybe Jay should have spent as much standing up for that oath he took to the membership as he does kissing up to the Sheriff in an attempt to get promoted.

04-25-2008, 04:44 AM
I was in Weston when Russ was there and if he mentioned Scott Isreals name once it was a lot. If your foolish enough to think that any supervisor would take it upon themselves to stop a Labor Official from speaking to their membership youve been drinking way yo much of the Lamberti Kool-Aid. If you knew as much as you seem to think you know, no Sgt would take that upon themselves because it violates Federal Labor Laws and it is an unfair Labor Practice. The marching orders came from the Sheriff via old man Werder via Major Rogers via Chief Page, thats a fact I was in the District after Russ was removed and was told that staright from the horses mouth. As far as Jay Leiner goes, he knew the rules and chose to violate them. Maybe Jay should have spent as much standing up for that oath he took to the membership as he does kissing up to the Sheriff in an attempt to get promoted.Diperna never mentioned Isreals name once, not once and these people making that claim are the ones with the agenda. These Lamberti lovers are learning from big Al, that lieing to the members is okay.

04-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Who on the PBA board brought Scott Israel to the last meeting? That is just as bad. The entire board sucks. Also, why don't you mention the other board member that helped arrange the fundraiser for Lemack. This is America isn't it. Leiner speaking his opinion is no different than Bailen or Berman going to roll calls and speaking theirs. Just send out the ballots and let the members vote and stop all this bs. If the contract is voted down so be it. Move on

04-26-2008, 02:43 AM
Who on the PBA board brought Scott Israel to the last meeting? That is just as bad. The entire board sucks. Also, why don't you mention the other board member that helped arrange the fundraiser for Lemack. This is America isn't it. Leiner speaking his opinion is no different than Bailen or Berman going to roll calls and speaking theirs. Just send out the ballots and let the members vote and stop all this bs. If the contract is voted down so be it. Move on

The difference is when Berman and Bailen come to the roll calls they are speaking the message they are sending is been agreed upon by the BSO PBA Board. When Leiner is speaking hes only doing it for his own selfish motives ie:Getting promoted to Lieutenant. See Jay has worn many hats while emplyed at BSO one of them was as an ethics instructor. The problem is that when your a member of the Board of Directors you cant donate to the campaign of the person were negotiating with its a conflict of interests and unethical. This is why Jay needs to be removed from the Board the Ethic instructor doesnt have any ethics. Jay is a fraud everyone knows it and by the end of the month the Cancer will have been cut out of the BSO PBA Board of Directors. By the way on the first day the Reps went out collecting signatures they got nearly 200 hundred and that was before the Alpha Shift Reps start. See if the Sheriff has any more need for you Jay if your not the mole on the Board anymore. I dont see that promotion coming any time soon sorry!!!

04-26-2008, 03:08 PM
I have NO problem with Jay donating any money to Lamberti. Last time I checked...the PBA was SUPPORTING LAMBERTI for SHERIFF. When did that change. I didn't see any information that WE switched.

Jay you didn't do anything wrong. Don't be bullied by these people...they have a secret agenda.

By the way...who makes the decision to change who the PBA supports as Sheriff. Is it Brinkman and the Executive Board? Is the ALL MIGHTY 8 Board members from BSO or is it the MEMBERSHIP. You better get some input from ALL THE BSO TROOPS before you switch endorsements.

The more I objectively look at everything...the more I am convinced that ALL this 5-5-5 crap was a smoke screen. I think a lot of people as starting to feel that way. The contract will PASS.

04-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Ooops!! I meant...FAIL!!!!! :oops:

04-26-2008, 03:47 PM
I have NO problem with Jay donating any money to Lamberti. Last time I checked...the PBA was SUPPORTING LAMBERTI for SHERIFF. When did that change. I didn't see any information that WE switched.

Jay you didn't do anything wrong. Don't be bullied by these people...they have a secret agenda.

By the way...who makes the decision to change who the PBA supports as Sheriff. Is it Brinkman and the Executive Board? Is the ALL MIGHTY 8 Board members from BSO or is it the MEMBERSHIP. You better get some input from ALL THE BSO TROOPS before you switch endorsements.

The more I objectively look at everything...the more I am convinced that ALL this 5-5-5 crap was a smoke screen. I think a lot of people as starting to feel that way. The contract will PASS.

The difference is that Jay knew there were rules and bylaws when he took that Board Position, just like their are rules for being a Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff. Jay decided to enhance his sucking up to the Sheriff and decided he was going to donate money which the former ethics professor should have known this was a huge ethics violation. Jay got caught doing this one time prior, was censored, swore he wouldnt do it again and the first chance he got did it anyway. As far as us bullying Jay were not bullying him he violated his oath to the membership for his own selfish motives and he has to pay the price plain and simple. The PBA has not yet put thier screening committee together to decide who their going to support for Sheriff, but if we dont get a fair and equitable contract, it wont be Lamberti.

04-26-2008, 07:59 PM
It is a fact that Diperna and Bailen were seen at an italian restaurant in Coconut creek with a prominent broward democrat named Judy and Scott Israel himself. Tell me this isn't wrong. And then Diperna uses roll call time to support Israel and trash Lamberti. That stinks. Hey Deperna, if you are so unhappy here then quit. No one will miss you and take your trash can Bailen with you. We don't want your New York trash down here. Maybe if you put half the energy you do into this campaign and contract into your actual job you might have a better reputation with your co-workers.

04-26-2008, 10:33 PM
It is a fact that Diperna and Bailen were seen at an italian restaurant in Coconut creek with a prominent broward democrat named Judy and Scott Israel himself. Tell me this isn't wrong. And then Diperna uses roll call time to support Israel and trash Lamberti. That stinks. Hey Deperna, if you are so unhappy here then quit. No one will miss you and take your trash can Bailen with you. We don't want your New York trash down here. Maybe if you put half the energy you do into this campaign and contract into your actual job you might have a better reputation with your co-workers.

You know what I dont really know either one of these indivduals but one thing Im getting really annoyed about is all this bashing where one is from, what will be next the color of their skin or the god they worship. The behavior on the part of whoever posted above is just disgraceful and it appears to me that they are scared of the message these New Yorkers are conveying. Now I have to admit I was going to take the contract offer and move on because Im sick of all this drama but I think Im starting to beleive the Sheriff has something to hide and thats why he has his supporters coming on here and blasting those who do not support his proposal. Im not so sure I would go as far as to say the Sheriff is lying but my faith in him is starting to waver.

04-27-2008, 04:31 AM

The difference is that Jay knew there were rules and bylaws when he took that Board Position, just like their are rules for being a Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff. Jay decided to enhance his sucking up to the Sheriff and decided he was going to donate money which the former ethics professor should have known this was a huge ethics violation. Jay got caught doing this one time prior, was censored, swore he wouldnt do it again and the first chance he got did it anyway. As far as us bullying Jay were not bullying him he violated his oath to the membership for his own selfish motives and he has to pay the price plain and simple. The PBA has not yet put thier screening committee together to decide who their going to support for Sheriff, but if we dont get a fair and equitable contract, it wont be Lamberti.

If its wrong with Jay donating money for Lamberti, then it is wrong for our UNION to get involved as to whom they should endorse. THE UNION, SHOULD NOT be involved with that at all, how can they be neutral? How can the Union support anybody, whom we are later going to file suit against? It just never made any sense to me. The UNION(s) should be detached completely from endorsing anybody period! Let the individuals do their homework and vote for the best candidate. Let the unions out.

04-27-2008, 05:12 AM

If its wrong with Jay donating money for Lamberti, then it is wrong for our UNION to get involved as to whom they should endorse. THE UNION, SHOULD NOT be involved with that at all, how can they be neutral? How can the Union support anybody, whom we are later going to file suit against? It just never made any sense to me. The UNION(s) should be detached completely from endorsing anybody period! Let the individuals do their homework and vote for the best candidate. Let the unions out.

Im a Rep and I totally agree with you, no endorsement or donations should be made to anyone until the screening committee meets and a decision is made. That is why what Jay did is so reprehensible, and he was warned not to do it before hand and chose to do it anyway. As far as having the members vote on who we endorse thats not how it works, the PBA as a whole is giving an endorsement so members of several Departments are on the committee, though BSO makes up the largest part since we the largest part of the overall membership.

04-27-2008, 05:13 AM

Im a Rep and I totally agree with you, no endorsement or donations should be made to anyone until the screening committee meets and a decision is made. That is why what Jay did is so reprehensible, and he was warned not to do it before hand and chose to do it anyway. As far as having the members vote on who we endorse thats not how it works, the PBA as a whole is giving an endorsement so members of several Departments are on the committee, though BSO makes up the largest part since we the largest part of the overall membership. Dont worry about LeMack anymore he bombed so badly at th emeet and greet he will probably will never be heard from again.

04-29-2008, 01:57 AM
YOU GUYS (BAILEN AND DIPERNA) ARE PISSED BECAUSE JAY MADE YOU TAKE THIS TO THE MEMBERSHIP. YOU REALLY DON'T CARE WHERE HE SPENDS HIS MONEY. YOU ARE AS AGAINST THIS CONTRACT AS JAY IS FOR IT. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU ARE AS REPREHENSABLE AS YOU ACCUSE JAY OF BEING. AT LEAST JAY IS NOT TELLING PEOPLE HOW TO VOTE. ALL HE WANTS IS FOR EVERY MEMEBER'S VOICE BE HEARD. YOU ARE SCARED, AND YOU SHOULD BE. I SPOKE TO JAY, AND HE ISN'T THE LEAST BIT WORRIED ABOUT YOU PUNKS.

04-29-2008, 03:34 AM
YOU GUYS (BAILEN AND DIPERNA) ARE PISSED BECAUSE JAY MADE YOU TAKE THIS TO THE MEMBERSHIP. YOU REALLY DON'T CARE WHERE HE SPENDS HIS MONEY. YOU ARE AS AGAINST THIS CONTRACT AS JAY IS FOR IT. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU ARE AS REPREHENSABLE AS YOU ACCUSE JAY OF BEING. AT LEAST JAY IS NOT TELLING PEOPLE HOW TO VOTE. ALL HE WANTS IS FOR EVERY MEMEBER'S VOICE BE HEARD. YOU ARE SCARED, AND YOU SHOULD BE. I SPOKE TO JAY, AND HE ISN'T THE LEAST BIT WORRIED ABOUT YOU PUNKS.I guess you really don't know those two.

04-29-2008, 04:38 AM
YOU GUYS (BAILEN AND DIPERNA) ARE PISSED BECAUSE JAY MADE YOU TAKE THIS TO THE MEMBERSHIP. YOU REALLY DON'T CARE WHERE HE SPENDS HIS MONEY. YOU ARE AS AGAINST THIS CONTRACT AS JAY IS FOR IT. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU ARE AS REPREHENSABLE AS YOU ACCUSE JAY OF BEING. AT LEAST JAY IS NOT TELLING PEOPLE HOW TO VOTE. ALL HE WANTS IS FOR EVERY MEMEBER'S VOICE BE HEARD. YOU ARE SCARED, AND YOU SHOULD BE. I SPOKE TO JAY, AND HE ISN'T THE LEAST BIT WORRIED ABOUT YOU PUNKS.

Im sure they are pissed about that because as Reps we agreed not to bring anything back less then 15% and by doing so we made ourselves out to be liars. I know lying was how the PBA worked in the past but MOST of the current Reps have worked very hard trying to change that perception. I know were not quite there yet but John, Marc, and Russ really want to bring some pride back to the PBA. As for Jay not telling people how to vote, thats a complete lie. The night after Jay agreed he would back the PBA in fighting against the current contract proposal he was in the Robbery Unit fighting for it and was caught by Armando. By the way Jay no matter how interefence Pat runs for you, we will get you out, remember that!!!

04-29-2008, 05:37 AM
I keep hearing the same old crap... Jay did this...Russ did that...who cares...I'm voting YES....and I would not vote yes for a 1-1-1- as someone posted Though I found that funny.

VOTE YESS BABBYYY

04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I bet the FOP is sitting back and drooling over the potential memberships coming out of this PBA turmoil.

04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I bet the FOP is sitting back and drooling over the potential memberships coming out of this PBA turmoil.

This will be a trifecta.....Contract - YES, Lamberti - SHERIFF, PBA - GONE. Vote YES and star the flushing.

04-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Jay is an embarassment to the entire board and should be removed, he does not show up to the meetings consistanly and when he does show up he agrees behind closed doors with the decisions of the board and then does the exact opposite, when he leaves the meeting. I have no ill will towards Jay as a person or as a cop but as a BOARD MEMBER he's BAD BAD BAD.... There are plenty of us on the board that still support Sheriff Lamberti, and have not sold out the membership to continue that support.
Sorry Jay but you should just walk away, your heart is not in it!!