PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Miami Dade PD?

04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Would anyone out there leave the department for the county? And if so then why?

04-23-2008, 02:42 AM
We have a few in the process in MD now. Miramar is slowly sinking and is turning into a ghetto efen out west in Silver Lakes.

04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Come on guys....any input please.......would you leave the department for the county? Pros and Cons....

04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Why would anyone want to leave the agency they have already investied time in?? Despite some of the negative comments about our agency we just received a pretty good pension plan all things considered with the way the current economy is going.

04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
You are not very intelligent if you think you got a great pension. You just set your pension plan and future officers up for failure in about 10 years. That has to be the worst pension give back I have ever seen any union negotiate that was not going BSO.

You should have never trusted Brickman he sold you guys swamp land and you pay him to represent you?

05-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Funny,

I don't remember being insulting when replying to your original posting(if your the same person)....what's your pension like or better yet what would be an ideal pension that would make everyone happy?? Isn't Miami Dade under the state pension/investment plan??

05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
why the hell would you want to work for mdpd anyways. they are a huge angency with lots of units, but have yuo ever ran into a patrol unit? they hire the most incompentent people i have ever seen. now dont get me wrong. they have some 10-8 guys working there. but most of them are too burn out on handling 10 41-0's a night, that they just dont care anymore. 25-75% is a crap retirement. thats if you make it that long. ill stay in miramar with my blues, and my red/ blue coin for now.

05-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Funny,

I don't remember being insulting when replying to your original posting(if your the same person)....what's your pension like or better yet what would be an ideal pension that would make everyone happy?? Isn't Miami Dade under the state pension/investment plan??

I was the one that originally posted this thread and would never insult anyone espicially when they're are trying to help. Thank you for your input..... We are brothers regarless of our uniform colors.