PDA

View Full Version : VPN question

04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
I have a few questions because I seriously do not know and hopefully will get a better answer then if I go to I.T. Last time I asked this question to an I.T. member, I got told they didnt know anything about it and went about their business tinkering with some laptop that looked beyond dead. The answers I get on here cant get much more sarcastic then getting them from I.T. to begin with.

When I start my computer, am I the only one that the startup scripts take forever to load up, down or whatever? It takes about a minute or so for it to start in order for the rest of the computer to boot up.

Second, my VPN has been going down an awful lot lately. Either making CAD super slow or unusable. When I check my Verizon connect, its connected by my VPN has been logging out the past week here.

Just wondering if anyone else has been having these same issues.

04-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I have, yes ... same problems

04-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Your IT section has been replacing/upgrading your VPN for quite some time now. We've been offline for almost 4 months now, no FCIC, no DAVID. I think they had to take us offline to keep your computers up.

04-24-2008, 02:50 AM
I have a few questions because I seriously do not know and hopefully will get a better answer then if I go to I.T. Last time I asked this question to an I.T. member, I got told they didnt know anything about it and went about their business tinkering with some laptop that looked beyond dead. The answers I get on here cant get much more sarcastic then getting them from I.T. to begin with.

When I start my computer, am I the only one that the startup scripts take forever to load up, down or whatever? It takes about a minute or so for it to start in order for the rest of the computer to boot up.

Second, my VPN has been going down an awful lot lately. Either making CAD super slow or unusable. When I check my Verizon connect, its connected by my VPN has been logging out the past week here.

It does take a long time to come up because it is starting up a lot of things/ programs and doing internal checks. In the past I would have to re-boot near Wendy Hill rd and a number of other site around the county. I.T. asked us to tell them where the dead spots are. This has been going on for several years. I.T. doesn't give give a rattzz azzz about the deputies in the field............. :(

Just wondering if anyone else has been having these same issues.