PDA

View Full Version : Ways to save money

04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Good afternoon crew,

This is one of those times that I would like to see if this sight can be used for a constructive purpose. I know we will get some on this thread that just see it as another way to attack the department, but hopefully we will also get some good post here.

Your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to put ideas down on here can save the department money. I know that this sight does get reviewed by admin and if somebody comes up with a working idea it just might help all of us. We have a lot of good officers, and I am sure many of you can come up with good ideas. Let's avoid the things like "lets fire everyone" or "make all admin ride bikes to work" because we know those things will not happen. The idea is throw some workable foward thinking ideas on the table and maybe help the department and ourselves.

I will be the first to step out and throw one on the table.

During afternoon/midnight overlap lets put 2 officers in as many cars in zones 2,3,4, and 5 as we can. Less cars driving around means gas saved. With the price of gas almost 3.50 a gallon this can help. Anyone that has workied 2 man units knows it has lots of advantages. Your t94 is always right next to you. Response time may drop some on non-priority calls, but we will save some gas money, save some wear and tear on cars, and I think increase self initiated arrest.

OK crew, that's my idea. Let's see what you got.

Stripe

04-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I say that everyone NOT just the PD BUT ALL PEOPLE using CITY OWNED vehicles pay for the gas from home to work? A take home vehicle is a Privilege!!!! and I think that we could save some serious coin by doing this

04-22-2008, 06:06 PM
I say work like the FD. respond from the Pd and sit in nice plush chairs and watch TV until a call comes in. That will save money on gas for all cars.

04-23-2008, 12:59 AM
How about stop responding to all fire department calls. Only go when they request us.

Refine our code list on the calls we should be responding too. A lot of agencies have changed and do not respond out to every type of call. BPD has always responded to everything because it has always been about serving the citizens of Bradenton. Well the citizens decided to make the cut so they need to make adjustments too.
Any anon S-76, all S-9 should be via the front desk, and all past incidents like past 30s can be via the desk. I'm sure there are many more.

04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
I like this one. Cutting back on non-police calls will help. I would add parking lot S-4's to your list. MCSO and the highway patrol both have a policy that a parking lot S-4 get to come in and pick up a blue form. I wonder how many calls a year that would save us.

Some good ideas here guys. Thanks for the positive approach.

04-23-2008, 01:16 AM
That actually is our policy too. I know A4 put a memo out back in 04 or 05 saying that we were not supposed to respond to them unless their was serious injury. I know the policy kind of fell by the wayside and dispatch kept putting in the calls, but we need to bring it back up.

I like this one. Cutting back on non-police calls will help. I would add parking lot S-4's to your list. MCSO and the highway patrol both have a policy that a parking lot S-4 get to come in and pick up a blue form. I wonder how many calls a year that would save us.

Some good ideas here guys. Thanks for the positive approach.

04-23-2008, 01:37 AM
I think both ideas are good so far. Dont respond to calls that can be handled properly by the desk and I think a charge for milegage out of the city limits would work. If the cuty charged for mileage it would still be cheaper on us to have the take homes.

Another idea and this may seem silly, but does save money is keeping unnecessary lights off in the station. Don't know how many times I've seen the evidence room lights, bathroom lights, locker room lights, weight room lights all on with no one around. It adds up trust me.

Also what about electronic UTC's? I dont know much about this technology or its inital cost, but I do know that we pay $250 a box of paper UTC's....

Juat my two pennies...

04-23-2008, 02:03 AM
Have the wrecker companys bid on towing for the police dept. Sarasota does this and make $900,000.00 a year. The wrecker company that bids the highest gets a 1 year contract with the city to pick up all tows called in by the city.

04-23-2008, 02:06 AM
have officers farm for gold on WOW, with there laptops, inbetween calls.

04-23-2008, 02:24 AM
I see a lot of posts here about how the PD can save money. You are losing site of the big picture. The big picture demands the entire City to save money. How many employees have take home cars that never get called out? Why not share vehicles within the various City Departments, the PD has Pool Cars, why not PW, FD, CH and Building depts? Discontinue the monthly payments to the Dept Heads for thier vehicles. Stop taking money from the little guy living paycheck to paycheck and take some from those who have enough to spare. Consolidate FD #1 and #2, how often is it used and how much response time does it really save? Turn over the parks in the City to the County and let them take care of it.

I keep hearing about how to save money, but it is usually directed towards Public Safety. Reducing Patrol personnel in any form will only lead to higher crime and the citizens becoming dissatisfied with the service being provided. Just remember City Council, those citizens VOTE!

04-23-2008, 04:46 AM
have officers farm for gold on WOW, with there laptops, inbetween calls.

Now that is funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-23-2008, 06:59 AM
How about this one..if the chief allows us to wear BDU's and a t-shirt we can as long as we pay for the clothes ourselves (and of course no dry cleaning) ! I know plenty of officers that would purchase shirts from shayne and bdu's at a cheap price just to be more comfortable. Another idea may be summer uniforms. If we purchase our own shorts we should be allowed to wear them. Uniforms cost a lot of money and add on dry cleaning, well it costs a heck of a lot more! The citizens spoke about the service they wish to receive and a more tactical uniform will allow us to show them what they saved in taxes!

04-23-2008, 07:01 AM
And please turn the lights out when your done in a room...the station does not need to operate like a surgery room!

04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Also what about electronic UTC's? I dont know much about this technology or its inital cost, but I do know that we pay $250 a box of paper UTC's.

FHP sort of does this...they use two pieces of blank paper to issue a UTC to an offender...one copy, which shows what the front and back of a regular UTC looks like, goes to the offender. The other copy, which they sign, gets turned in. A pack of 500 pieces of blank paper is a lot cheaper than actual UTCs. We would just need to find out how they get the actual UTC number for each one issued.

04-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Why dont we have our own wrecker? I know that start up cost for the first year or so wouldnt be profitable but it would make us a lot of money in the long run.. Just a thougth

04-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Why dont we have our own wrecker? I know that start up cost for the first year or so wouldnt be profitable but it would make us a lot of money in the long run.. Just a thougth Lets do the math. Sarasota City gets $900,000+ in tows per year
Tow truck purchase: $60,000 - $70,000
2 operators for round the clock tows and have them do parking in their down time (generating revenue) @ $25 -30,000 per year.

Total cost: Approx. $150,000 first year

Profit: $700,000 + per year.

Sounds like a great suggestion.

How many cars are out there with mulitple parking tickets that have not been paid. Find the cars and impound them. Its done everywhere else.

There can be a lot of money generated from towing. Look at Sarasota's new loud radio ordinace that will allow a car to be towed.

04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
These are all great ideas.........but,

1) The wrecker contract, similar to Sarasota, was shot down two years ago by the Mayor (please remember, $56,800 Bob McCardle's brother in law owns Top Gun Towing, and they were not getting the contract).

2) UTC's are paid for by the state.

3) We have all the revenue from the cookbooks.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

04-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Chief,

Why dont you cut the hours that SWAT does in overtime, give them comp. time, and then you watch how fast they will start scheduling those lame arse warrants during regular time. Open your eyes there is your 300k right there they are all supervisors for the most part making big $$$$ :shock:

04-23-2008, 09:20 PM
These are all great ideas.........but,

1) The wrecker contract, similar to Sarasota, was shot down two years ago by the Mayor (please remember, $56,800 Bob McCardle's brother in law owns Top Gun Towing, and they were not getting the contract).

2) UTC's are paid for by the state.

3) We have all the revenue from the cookbooks.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
That explains it! While on the subject of McCardle, can the Mayor not do without him as it seems he serves no useful purpose.

Why don't we discuss the people that should be let go before emergency services is affected by any budget. There are many employee's that can be let go without it affecting the operation of the city.

04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Along the same lines what does the Mayor's PIO do now that he helped in getting publicity shots before the election....I never see him out at crime scenes or anywhere for the matter...At least the old COB PIO came to everything anytime of the day or night...If I lived in the COB I would be yelling for them to be canned first!!! :twisted:

04-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Along the same lines what does the Mayor's PIO do now that he helped in getting publicity shots before the election....I never see him out at crime scenes or anywhere for the matter...At least the old COB PIO came to everything anytime of the day or night...If I lived in the COB I would be yelling for them to be canned first!!! :twisted: If you lived in COB you'd be smoking a fatty and drinking a quart

04-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I see a lot of posts here about how the PD can save money. You are losing site of the big picture. The big picture demands the entire City to save money. How many employees have take home cars that never get called out? Why not share vehicles within the various City Departments, the PD has Pool Cars, why not PW, FD, CH and Building depts? Discontinue the monthly payments to the Dept Heads for thier vehicles. Stop taking money from the little guy living paycheck to paycheck and take some from those who have enough to spare. Consolidate FD #1 and #2, how often is it used and how much response time does it really save? Turn over the parks in the City to the County and let them take care of it.

I keep hearing about how to save money, but it is usually directed towards Public Safety. Reducing Patrol personnel in any form will only lead to higher crime and the citizens becoming dissatisfied with the service being provided. Just remember City Council, those citizens VOTE!

All the other city cars besides public safety should be "Parked!" The county parked theirs. Does everyone in code enforcement have a car? If so, I don't believe they are all on call at the same time. Just how many cars are over at city hall being driven home every night?? That needs to stop first.

04-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Sometimes perks have to be taken away in order to save the community money. I would like to see the cars taken away from everyone at city hall except the Mayor. And he should be accountable for his mileage.

I would like to see the credit cards taken away from the city hall personnel. They have already proven that they are incapable of using the cards properly. Besides that, they shouldn't have one. A tighter rein on our money should be plausible.

Alot of cities do not pay for people to be on their board - so, perhaps, we should take a look at the salaries being paid to the City for these commissioners. Mine has never been to my neighborhood, how can she make decisions for me?

The last thing the community needs is for less police officers and firemen. We keep taking away from the most needed things. Perhaps, Mr. Poston should ask the community for suggestions regarding cutbacks; afterall, this is OUR city.

04-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Also what about electronic UTC's? I dont know much about this technology or its inital cost, but I do know that we pay $250 a box of paper UTC's.

FHP sort of does this...they use two pieces of blank paper to issue a UTC to an offender...one copy, which shows what the front and back of a regular UTC looks like, goes to the offender. The other copy, which they sign, gets turned in. A pack of 500 pieces of blank paper is a lot cheaper than actual UTCs. We would just need to find out how they get the actual UTC number for each one issued.

We would have to replace all of the current printers and purchase new ones and change the current program. We can't spend that much money to save a few hundred.

04-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Well, just remember where BFD responds. Same places as the PD. The reason we go is for protection for them. They are unarmed and when they go on a call in Z2, Z3, Z4, ad some Z5 address I wouldnt want to go there in the middle of the night or some places the day without a firearm. Some dispatchers just delete the calls as soon as they come in, however I have been seen that done and BFD needing police due to a 38, 22, or the like and ask for PD and the call isnt even in the system to go out. OR a simple breathing problems call turns into a S7, this has happened. Medical calls or fire calls with BFD are needed. Now S30 past, S9, S4 parkinglots can be done by desk unless there is something to process. This needs to be brought up and maybe adjust what calls we go to or just have the desk take. Anyhow thats my 2 cents worth. Theres alot that can change for the better, but getting admin to do it is another story

How about stop responding to all fire department calls. Only go when they request us.

Refine our code list on the calls we should be responding too. A lot of agencies have changed and do not respond out to every type of call. BPD has always responded to everything because it has always been about serving the citizens of Bradenton. Well the citizens decided to make the cut so they need to make adjustments too.
Any anon S-76, all S-9 should be via the front desk, and all past incidents like past 30s can be via the desk. I'm sure there are many more.

04-25-2008, 06:09 AM
A little clarification for you. MCSO does not have a "come get a blue form" policy. We still respond, but usually only issue the driver exchange unless it's sig 1 related. Rememberm this is an election year, and we here at MCSO are a "user friendly" agency, LMAO

04-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Well, just remember where BFD responds. Same places as the PD. The reason we go is for protection for them. They are unarmed and when they go on a call in Z2, Z3, Z4, ad some Z5 address I wouldnt want to go there in the middle of the night or some places the day without a firearm. Some dispatchers just delete the calls as soon as they come in, however I have been seen that done and BFD needing police due to a 38, 22, or the like and ask for PD and the call isnt even in the system to go out. OR a simple breathing problems call turns into a S7, this has happened. Medical calls or fire calls with BFD are needed. Now S30 past, S9, S4 parkinglots can be done by desk unless there is something to process. This needs to be brought up and maybe adjust what calls we go to or just have the desk take. Anyhow thats my 2 cents worth. Theres alot that can change for the better, but getting admin to do it is another story

Any anon S-76, all S-9 should be via the front desk, and all past incidents like past 30s can be via the desk. I'm sure there are many more. only small towns do that, big citys/countys run seperate fd/pd calls in areas much worse then bradenton

04-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Have your family and yourself contact your city council member and tell them no cuts to police.

PUBLIC PRESSURE IS THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE AN IMPACT--

04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Why not have the officers look for high ticket items. Patrol parking lots for handicapped violations and wite them under our parking ticket, not a UTC. There are very few places you can go and not find a violation several times a day.

04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
1. Consider the 12 hour work schedule. It should save on the late calls or day shift and midnight shift as there is a bigger over lap.

2. Assign a civilian to work the front desk. This could be a kid in the academy. Most of the reports/paper work that happens at the desk can be handled that way.

3. Close the desk down after a certain time at night.

4. When retirements happen don't fill the position for now. There should not be a reason to eliminate it just don't fill it.

5. Consolidate positions. Some idea include; Crime prevention & Intel.

6. Consolidate dispatch. It’s not fair for them but bring all of the dispatch under one roof for the entire county. We use the same radio system any way. Sarasota uses it as do many other parts of the country and it works just fine.

7. Just remember the citizens voted to save money. They want, want, want but did not come to think how it would be paid for. Unfortunately, true tax reform will never happen as this system is so broken it cannot be fixed.

04-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Have the wrecker companys bid on towing for the police dept. Sarasota does this and make $900,000.00 a year. The wrecker company that bids the highest gets a 1 year contract with the city to pick up all tows called in by the city.

So if we do this, now we are waisting man power waiting for some smelly tow truck driver to show up, if he can even find the scene. If we have a rotation the cars get picked up faster and the road gets the officer back out quicker rather than have him sitting there with a t-15 in the back seat. How can a PD make 900K just by letting one company tow for them? Not making a whole lot of sence.

04-27-2008, 11:22 PM

That would mean I.T. would have to actually install printers that work in all of the cars.
We can also save some man power by having the "Traffic" unit work S4's instead of just THI's or S1's. I know it's asking alot for them to get out of those nice gas guzzling, plush seat, fully "Traffic" equipped Expeditions to work a "Traffic" crash, but maybe that can free up some patrol to do some actual police work.

04-28-2008, 12:18 AM

That would mean I.T. would have to actually install printers that work in all of the cars.
We can also save some man power by having the "Traffic" unit work S4's instead of just THI's or S1's. I know it's asking alot for them to get out of those nice gas guzzling, plush seat, fully "Traffic" equipped Expeditions to work a "Traffic" crash, but maybe that can free up some patrol to do some actual police work. Listen up pal, theres alot of restraunts that need eating at and somebodys gotta do it.

04-28-2008, 02:33 AM
1. Consider the 12 hour work schedule. It should save on the late calls or day shift and midnight shift as there is a bigger over lap. ***This is great, except, what about the extra 8 hours per pay period. No money saved here.

2. Assign a civilian to work the front desk. This could be a kid in the academy. Most of the reports/paper work that happens at the desk can be handled that way. ***Support this one.

3. Close the desk down after a certain time at night. ***Support this one.

4. When retirements happen don't fill the position for now. There should not be a reason to eliminate it just don't fill it. ***No, we are understaffed as it is. If a sergeant retires, fill two officer spots instead. Do not leave anything open.

5. Consolidate positions. Some idea include; Crime prevention & Intel. *** Support this. Maybe she could cover some sergeant duties when needed, i.e. vacations and scheduling issues.

6. Consolidate dispatch. It’s not fair for them but bring all of the dispatch under one roof for the entire county. We use the same radio system any way. Sarasota uses it as do many other parts of the country and it works just fine. *** Bad idea. This sucks in Sarasota, just ask.

7. Just remember the citizens voted to save money. They want, want, want but did not come to think how it would be paid for. Unfortunately, true tax reform will never happen as this system is so broken it cannot be fixed.

04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]Well, just remember where BFD responds. Same places as the PD. The reason we go is for protection for them. They are unarmed and when they go on a call in Z2, Z3, Z4, ad some Z5 address I wouldnt want to go there in the middle of the night or some places the day without a firearm. Some dispatchers just delete the calls as soon as they come in, however I have been seen that done and BFD needing police due to a 38, 22, or the like and ask for PD and the call isnt even in the system to go out. OR a simple breathing problems call turns into a S7, this has happened. Medical calls or fire calls with BFD are needed. Now S30 past, S9, S4 parkinglots can be done by desk unless there is something to process. This needs to be brought up and maybe adjust what calls we go to or just have the desk take. Anyhow thats my 2 cents worth. Theres alot that can change for the better, but getting admin to do it is another story

You guys still do this?? i thought the only agency on this coast of Florida that went to all Fire Dept calls was Punta Gorda Police.... and their whole city is only 7 square miles... we kinda figure they just went out of boredom.

04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
You kinda of figured wrong. We already saved a life with responding by giving CPR to a baby who drowned.

04-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I got a way to save. Get rid of the captains. All they do is set in their office's and bi%^ch about having to work cause some of the other supervisors are out training at SWAT or some other extra department duty they do. I don't hear the Lieutenants or Sergeants crying when they have to work alone or work with just one other supervisor. It happens all the time and those working just suck it up and do the job!

04-30-2008, 12:29 AM
I got a way to save. Get rid of the captains. All they do is set in their office's and bi%^ch about having to work cause some of the other supervisors are out training at SWAT or some other extra department duty they do. I don't hear the Lieutenants or Sergeants crying when they have to work alone or work with just one other supervisor. It happens all the time and those working just suck it up and do the job!

I agree with this poster, however I would get rid of Sgt's thru Captains! Starting with Stripe!!! That would free up a good chunk of Change. Also Fat boy's Vorva & Campbell will free up oxygen and other vital resources.

04-30-2008, 07:15 AM
I agree with this poster, however I would get rid of Sgt's thru Captains! Starting with Stripe!!! That would free up a good chunk of Change. Also Fat boy's Vorva & Campbell will free up oxygen and other vital resources.

Oh that would be so smart...dumba$$ :roll: I can see some Sgt's and Lt's since they don't do anything anyway. But we have some hard working Sgt's and Lt's (very few, but some)...

So who is Stripe anyway?

04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Looks like whoever stripe is he actually tried to do something usefull with the BPD sight. Too bad. I love reading your sight and laughing at your agency.

04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
boy MSCO !!!!!!!!!!!!! that's the pot calling the kettle black---- grow up!!!!!!!

04-30-2008, 11:01 PM
boy MSCO !!!!!!!!!!!!! that's the pot calling the kettle black---- grow up!!!!!!!

I hope that is a joke? With ALL the criminals and immoral "Deputies" at that place, I wouidnt be pointing any fingers.

05-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Why are we still putting those stupid bricks on the roads? How much is that costing the city and where could that money be used. What a waste of taxpayer money, that is what the public sees and that is why the public wants to see cuts, the city, county and state wasting money on foolish projects and it has finally hurt us all. Well, except for our elected officials, they still have their secure little jobs.

05-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Most of us with a little class like the bricks

05-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Its not a question of whether or not I like them. Its the cost of them. I would rather see the money spent on better things then dressing up a few meaningless intersections. It does NOTHING for the appearence but look bad in a few months after all the tire marks and oil are on it, then someone will have to go and paint them again, more money wasted.

so you can take your class and pay for the bricks yourself or you can lose officers, which do you prefer?

05-20-2008, 11:21 PM

Its not a question of whether or not I like them. Its the cost of them. I would rather see the money spent on better things then dressing up a few meaningless intersections. It does NOTHING for the appearence but look bad in a few months after all the tire marks and oil are on it, then someone will have to go and paint them again, more money wasted.

so you can take your class and pay for the bricks yourself or you can lose officers, which do you prefer?

The FD is still driving around in the fire trucks to go to the store. Thought we were trying to save money here. Did FD miss that memo or does the fire chief not care or just not know what is going on.

05-20-2008, 11:43 PM
What are they supposed to drive. They don't go home like us every night or can stop at 7-11's.

05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
EVERY station has an SUV support vehicle, even that waste of money Hummer for Christ sakes would be better than a 1 mile to the gallon Engine!!!!!

05-21-2008, 01:30 AM
EVERY station has an SUV support vehicle, even that waste of money Hummer for Christ sakes would be better than a 1 mile to the gallon Engine!!!!!

My point exactly.

05-21-2008, 03:22 AM
And a call comes in, then what. Maybe we should disconnect the a/c units on the PD cars. That will save a lot of money on gas. How about not have officer sitting idle wasting gas with the a/c on.

05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
I think you should sit at the station and wait till a call comes in, like the FD.
That would save gas, and the guys could get caught up on LETN.

05-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I think you should sit at the station and wait till a call comes in, like the FD.
That would save gas, and the guys could get caught up on LETN.The burglars would be happy

05-25-2008, 11:14 PM
That would save gas, and the guys could get caught up on LETN.

You are so stupid. I'm not talking about whether or not they should be driving around, I'm making a point that if the only run they are doing is to the grocery store, ALONE, maybe they could take a different vehicle and not a fire truck. That seems a reasonable request since this thread is supposed to be about saving the city money. But of course you, not being a leo, get on here and make stupid comments and try to make it a personal issue.

05-26-2008, 03:42 AM
I am a LEO but I also support our FD 100%. Your comment doesn't even make sense to take another vehicle. Next time you have to run somewhere in a vehicle, why take the parking scooter instead. It gets better mileage than your CV and if you get a call, run back to the station and pick up your car. Makes perfect sense.

05-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I support BFD also, but I've seen when they take an engine to the store to go grocery shopping and they only take two, maybe three guys. When they go to a run, they take more than that. So do they respond to calls while going grocery shopping or do they send another engine that's still in the station with a full crew? I agree that they can use the SUV to go grocery shopping to save the gas. If they get a call, they can still drive to the scene in the SUV and meet up with the crew that responds in the engine. How often do they actually get a call to go on a run while they are grocery shopping in the engine? I'm sure it's not too often, so they can use the SUV to save the gas instead of the engine.

05-30-2008, 03:55 PM
I read an article where even private companies are going to four 10-hour days for their employees. This helps the employee with saving their money on commute expenses, especially with the rise in gas prices (some places are already over $4 per gallon). This is two less trips per week for an employee (to and from work on that fifth day).

This could also work for us as a government. Maybe everyone should work four days instead of five. I know our society is used to having businesses open Monday through Friday. But things need to change everywhere. This would save the employees money that don't have take-home cars. It would save the city gas money for those that have take-home cars. It would also save on energy costs since most of the city departments are vacant when people are not there and could save on the electricity to run the lights and A/C. Of course that wouldn't help as much with the BPD or BFD since there is always someone there. But it would still reduce some costs if the office and some hallway lights are off if nobody is using them.

Just a thought on saving money...

05-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I read an article where even private companies are going to four 10-hour days for their employees. This helps the employee with saving their money on commute expenses, especially with the rise in gas prices (some places are already over $4 per gallon). This is two less trips per week for an employee (to and from work on that fifth day).

This could also work for us as a government. Maybe everyone should work four days instead of five. I know our society is used to having businesses open Monday through Friday. But things need to change everywhere. This would save the employees money that don't have take-home cars. It would save the city gas money for those that have take-home cars. It would also save on energy costs since most of the city departments are vacant when people are not there and could save on the electricity to run the lights and A/C. Of course that wouldn't help as much with the BPD or BFD since there is always someone there. But it would still reduce some costs if the office and some hallway lights are off if nobody is using them.

Go Away Civilian!

05-30-2008, 11:24 PM

Go Away Civilian!

At least he has a positive idea and isnt on here bashing people which seems to be the norm.

05-31-2008, 02:40 AM

Go Away Civilian!

At least he has a positive idea and isnt on here bashing people which seems to be the norm.

GO AWAY "EASY" Civilian!!

05-31-2008, 11:44 PM

Go Away Civilian!

Unreal....

06-02-2008, 04:12 AM
The four day week should be instituted for Admin, ie: City and County Officials, like City Council, County Commission and related offices to save money. Tuesday-Friday would be ideal.
Nobody likes to work on Monday anyway.

06-02-2008, 04:15 AM
The four day week should be instituted for Admin, ie: City and County Officials, like City Council, County Commission and related offices to save money. Tuesday-Friday would be ideal.
Nobody likes to work on Monday anyway.why dont we just stop working all together, no one likes to work anyways.

06-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Well, I can't argue with that

06-20-2008, 06:21 AM

Go Away Civilian!

Unreal....

Unreal is right...I wrote the suggestion and I am not a civilian...I wear a blue uniform like every other patrol officer at the PD...whatever...I just won't suggest anything else and just let the budget take its course...for better or worse.

06-20-2008, 04:22 PM
You sound like a little school girl who didnt get her way! LOL " I just wont suggest anything else" whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! You say you're a cop,act like it.

06-20-2008, 09:04 PM
anon,
Sounds like you are acting like the school girl and how should a cop act? Like the a$$ hole you are being? I am sure you don't talk to the public like that because someone would put a boot right in that big mouth of yours.

Atleast they are trying to be positive unlike your negative loser self.

06-21-2008, 01:17 AM
I guess I was right,you are a girl who's feelings got hurt :( And your big bad boyfriend came to the rescue, isnt that sweet. It fills my heart with joy. So why dont you and your girl go to a private chat room and talk about how negative people are on here and give each a hug. F#ck off you loser!

06-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I guess I was right,you are a girl who's feelings got hurt :( And your big bad boyfriend came to the rescue, isnt that sweet. It fills my heart with joy. So why dont you and your girl go to a private chat room and talk about how negative people are on here and give each a hug. F#ck off you loser! yep :lol:

06-21-2008, 08:52 PM
City workers with take homes, excluding police and fire, should not be allowed to use the vehicle for personal grocery shopping taking kids to school etc. This happens every where. Police and fire need to always be available, but other city workers do not. Those personnel should not even have a take home. Some live in rural areas and should use thier personal vehicles to and from work. The city would better be able to budget for emergency services when needed. Atleast for the time being until gas prices can go down some. You need the police and fire if no one else wants to come to work as a result oh well to them. Plenty of people need jobs out there.

06-21-2008, 09:52 PM
anon,

Wow looks like you are a little sensitive. Pull up your thong panties it will be ok.

06-22-2008, 04:20 AM
lol, good come back

06-22-2008, 04:12 PM
City workers with take homes, excluding police and fire, should not be allowed to use the vehicle for personal grocery shopping taking kids to school etc. This happens every where. Police and fire need to always be available, but other city workers do not. Those personnel should not even have a take home. Some live in rural areas and should use thier personal vehicles to and from work. The city would better be able to budget for emergency services when needed. Atleast for the time being until gas prices can go down some. You need the police and fire if no one else wants to come to work as a result oh well to them. Plenty of people need jobs out there.

I agree EXCEPT even LE and FD should not use them for personal use as grocery shopping etc. Just to and from work.

06-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree for the FD. But the more police cars moving around the better we all are.

Its been proven that seeing police cars does reduce crime. So with the economy going south there will be more crime. So trying to save a dollar by not allowing police to drive their cars is not worth being the victim of a crime. I say drive them but of course that is for just for those who live in the City.

06-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Not sure we want to be flagged down for a S4 or something more consuming while are milk is getting warm in the car.... To from work is fine or any work related errands such as drop off dry cleaning and so on. Any more than that would be more of a potential hassel than benefit.

I agree for the FD. But the more police cars moving around the better we all are.

Its been proven that seeing police cars does reduce crime. So with the economy going south there will be more crime. So trying to save a dollar by not allowing police to drive their cars is not worth being the victim of a crime. I say drive them but of course that is for just for those who live in the City.

06-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Not sure we want to be flagged down for a S4 or something more consuming while are milk is getting warm in the car.... To from work is fine or any work related errands such as drop off dry cleaning and so on. Any more than that would be more of a potential hassel than benefit.

Its been proven that seeing police cars does reduce crime. So with the economy going south there will be more crime. So trying to save a dollar by not allowing police to drive their cars is not worth being the victim of a crime. I say drive them but of course that is for just for those who live in the City. drop off dry cleaning??? at the station?

06-28-2008, 01:56 AM

:idea: Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I work in Broward and our city just voted to have all city officials and managers that have personal use vehicles start paying for personal us (still pennies on the $) but its a start. Our city manager that gave us 80% at 20 years! Piped up and stated "Police and Fire are not included due to their collective agreements are strict enough". I have to say that was a surprise, but maybe someone could drop that hint to Bradenton to free up some $$$ to pay the COPS and FF's. :idea: