PDA

View Full Version : Boca

mike9269
04-22-2008, 02:28 AM
If money is why you do this job than go to boca and twiddle your tiny thumbs.

04-22-2008, 03:37 AM
No, money isn't the only reason but if you can make lots more money and have way better benefits, why not?

04-22-2008, 05:30 AM
I agree, very well said, any senior officer in FLPD will tell you youre an idiot if you have the choice to go to BOCA but you choose to stay at FLPD. Hoping the contract will be good and the city wont screw us. And the only senior guys that will tell you to stay are the ones who only start a line with "you know back in the day we would".

04-27-2008, 05:55 PM
BOCA is the best

04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
BOCA is the best

I worked for Boca and then went to PBSO. At Boca I was paying around 500 a month for health care for my family plus contributing 9.8% to my retirement. I take home more money with PBSO. You may want to rethink your statement; Boca is far from the best. Boca officers couldn't find their way out of a paper bag.

Boca PD is the best at being security officers.

04-27-2008, 08:22 PM
You could pay me $85,000.00 a year to be a security guard,,I'll take it

04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Actually Boca pays about 320 a month for health coverage not 500 and they pay about 9 1/4 into the pension. I just pciked up the paperowrk to apply there so get the facts right. You were probably fired by Boca because you could not do the job of a security guard so you had to go to PBSO.

04-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Actually Boca pays about 320 a month for health coverage not 500 and they pay about 9 1/4 into the pension. I just pciked up the paperowrk to apply there so get the facts right. You were probably fired by Boca because you could not do the job of a security guard so you had to go to PBSO.

There is a reason why PBSO has a waiting list to get hired there. You’re right, I couldn’t be pushed around like a security guard just like the residents push around Boca Officers. Don’t make Boca out to be the best, when you are blowing smoke in people’s eyes. Boca as a police agency doesn’t police as well as Fort Lauderdale or other agencies who deal with real issues. Just ask the residents of recently annexed Boca areas and they'll tell you how unhappy they are. Boca officers don't deal with nearly what a Deputy, FLPD, West Palm PD, Delray, Boynton and just about any other city deals with on a daily basis. FHP deals with more than Boca does.

Boca tops out at 80,113. Now take away 9% and 320 a month times 12 and see where you're at. With pension alone, you are down to 72,903. After paying health care you are down to 69,063. At the Sheriff's Office I don't contribute to my pension, and pay 100 a month for health care. A top out regular Deputy makes 70,272. If you factor in education you are up to 72,000. Now factor in longevity and your topped out around 73,500. Then take a look at PBSO’s career Deputy path where a Deputy makes 87,600 topped out with longevity well over 90,000.

I also liked the FRS with the disability benefits are far superior to Boca’s. Also, with the FRS I get 100%. I know it takes a little longer to get there, but Boca can only a get a maximum benefit of 87.5%. Now I take my non-contributory pension and I choose to contribute 8% to another pension. Now I get two pensions at the price Boca pays for one.

All kidding aside and putting our differences aside, Boca is not a horrible place, just not the best. Don’t begin to disrespect me, when you can’t even spell properly.

04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
You could pay me $85,000.00 a year to be a security guard,,I'll take it

Where do you grt 85,000? Their top pay is 80,113.

04-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Dont forget Longevity, safe driver bonus,uniform allowance, education,, Kelly days, and floating holidays add that up and youll get your 85,000

04-28-2008, 02:51 AM
Dont forget Longevity, safe driver bonus,uniform allowance, education,, Kelly days, and floating holidays add that up and youll get your 85,000

No, they don't have Kelly days, that is for fireman. All agencies have floating holidays, we get a holiday bonus pay out. You'll never see 85,00 when you’re contributing 9.4%, plus paying over 300 a month for health care. Did you need read that post or are you to naive and blind?
There is nothing mentioning a safe driver award in their new contract, noting mention Kelly days, they get two floating holidays which everyone gets, and their longevity is crap. You get 600 dollars from 5 years to 10 years and 800 from 10 years to 15 years. I get 2% of my salary at 10 years, which is 2% of 70,000+ which is 1,400. This doesn't include education, holiday, and other things such as unlimited and restricted use of a take home car.

Read between the lines and do some homework. All and all, good luck with the process and I hope you get somewhere that is treating better than you’re being treated now.

04-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Speaking of doing research genius, They work 12 hr days so every 6 weeks they get a Kelly day, their Ins is comparable to FT laud crap and the pension is better. 2% extra payout now for a COLA later , don't be stupid I'll take the COLA, safe driver bonus is 1200.00 a yr not a cheapass 10 bucks,,,so yeah thanks for the advice but youre the one that needs to do research,,,besides id rather work any street in boca for 50 yrs then sistrunk for 1

04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Speaking of doing research genius, They work 12 hr days so every 6 weeks they get a Kelly day, their Ins is comparable to FT laud crap and the pension is better. 2% extra payout now for a COLA later , don't be stupid I'll take the COLA, safe driver bonus is 1200.00 a yr not a cheapass 10 bucks,,,so yeah thanks for the advice but youre the one that needs to do research,,,besides id rather work any street in boca for 50 yrs then sistrunk for 1

Shows how much of coward you are. Fort Lauderdale is a better agency. I've done my research, you are the one that is blind. Any agency working 12-hour shifts has a so called Kelly day. You are truly misguided. Boca was in the paper crying poor and worried about where they may be by 2012. I’ll laugh when lay offs come and you’re one of them.

04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
So many people in this forum that want to trash Boca. I would apply there if I was not so close to leaving FLPD! Everything about that department is better then ours and they are far more professional. FLPD always deals with laying off officers. I have never heard of Boca even talk of letting officers go. So you get the FACTS straight.

04-30-2008, 12:17 AM
So many people in this forum that want to trash Boca. I would apply there if I was not so close to leaving FLPD! Everything about that department is better then ours and they are far more professional. FLPD always deals with laying off officers. I have never heard of Boca even talk of letting officers go. So you get the FACTS straight.

Fort Lauderdale has never layed off officers.

04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
A couple of years ago they let officers go while they were in the academy, imagine that,,quitting a job so you could work a job youve dreamt about as a kid and before you even graduate,,youre fired

04-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Fort Lauderdale has not layed off any officers. If you have proof offer it otherwise.

04-30-2008, 06:36 PM
When FLPD closed their jail they also fired officers that were in the academy,,I happen to be one of them,is that enough proof for you?

04-30-2008, 08:42 PM
When FLPD closed their jail they also fired officers that were in the academy,,I happen to be one of them,is that enough proof for you?
If you were fired, it wasn't because of a lay off! It was because you failed the course or it was a discipline problem.

04-30-2008, 08:46 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 6015.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-422boca,0,1166015.story)

Boca is having problems.

04-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Everywhere has problems but Id rather deal with the worst days in Boca then the best days on Sistrunk. Besides Bocas tax base is huge, those guys arent even flinching and they just signed a contract and their city likes them,not like us with our fingers crossed and a city that hates us

05-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Nowhere in that article did it say cops were going to be cut or anything specific about the police department. When they city supports the PD, like in Boca they get taken care of. On the flip side, when the city hates and has little to no confidence in their PD like here in FLPD, we have to scratch, claw, and take our issues to the press to try and get anything accomplished. We should learn something from Boca PD.

05-02-2008, 02:30 PM
There is a reason why PBSO has a waiting list to get hired there.

True, but two words- HIRING FREEZE!

05-02-2008, 07:31 PM

No, they are hiring moron. Only certified and they have a list out the door right now

05-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Um, actually, you should probably do more research before you comment about Boca not having Kelly days. I work for Boca and just had a Kelly day yesterday. We work 12 hour shifts and get a Kelly day every 4 weeks. And also, I was just in a paper bag over the weekend and found my way out just fine.

No, they don't have Kelly days, that is for fireman. All agencies have floating holidays, we get a holiday bonus pay out. You'll never see 85,00 when you’re contributing 9.4%, plus paying over 300 a month for health care. Did you need read that post or are you to naive and blind?
There is nothing mentioning a safe driver award in their new contract, noting mention Kelly days, they get two floating holidays which everyone gets, and their longevity is crap. You get 600 dollars from 5 years to 10 years and 800 from 10 years to 15 years. I get 2% of my salary at 10 years, which is 2% of 70,000+ which is 1,400. This doesn't include education, holiday, and other things such as unlimited and restricted use of a take home car.

Read between the lines and do some homework. All and all, good luck with the process and I hope you get somewhere that is treating better than you’re being treated now.

05-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Who's not having problems? Really? Who isn't? At least Boca doesn't mandatory their officers who are already working many hours to work festivals that only cause issues for everyone.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-422boca,0,1166015.story

Boca is having problems.

05-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Bottom line is Boca is still a better police department then FLPD and the city supports the them. By the way, a kelly day period is 6 weeks not 4!

05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
When FLPD closed their jail they also fired officers that were in the academy,,I happen to be one of them,is that enough proof for you? oh you dont mean officers you were a jail boy

05-13-2008, 01:15 PM

No, not hiring moron. Only certified and they have a list out the door right now OK if you work there you better make a call today. That arte not hiring jerk

05-13-2008, 04:21 PM
If they are not hiring then why are they putting certified applicants through the hiring process?

05-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Is FLPD still hiring? How long does it take to go through the process?

05-19-2008, 10:23 PM

PBSO has a waiting list of idiots, we havn't lost a cop worth a bag of crap yet. Keep leaving we'll all have days with weekends off next year.

05-20-2008, 11:57 PM
That is why once I hit my 10 years I am outta this hole Ft. Lauderdale. hey Perez keep a light on in Boca for me. I am right with you real soon.

05-21-2008, 02:10 AM
I'll be waitin for you man

05-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Hey, Perez, can you tell me again how good Boca is and what is starting pay. Looking to make a switch and need some advice from a smart street cop who had the nerve to walk away from this place.

05-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey man, Its great here, 4 calls on a busy night and starting pay is $51,000.00, top pay of $84,000.00 and you were very right when you said SMART STREET COP

05-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Does Boca have car cameras

05-24-2008, 10:39 PM
My friend works there and he said that they don't. The good thing about Boca is that the city actually likes you and doesn't spend their time thinking of ways to jam you up.

05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Boca does have in car cameras however they are not up and running and some say they never will be. The cameras are not compatable with the computer system they are using. Call Perez for info. He knows all about Boca.

06-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Thats where I'm headed, and they're going to Black and Whites

06-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Can Boca take all of us tenured officers that have had enough? Too many of the brass here are still drinking the kool aid! How many openings does Boca have Perez? Tell me more about the black and whites? Sounds like they are the way to go in South Florida. Waiting to hear from you Perez!

06-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Boca sucks

06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Another angry underpaid FLPD officer. Of course Boca sucks because you work for Ft. Lauderdale! Probably could not pass the psych!