PDA

View Full Version : VOTE NO AND HERE IS WHY

04-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Are we getting screwed with our contract? Yes.

Can the Sheriff make a final-final offer? Yes.

Can we see 5-5-5? Yes.

Can we get retro? Yes.

Do we have enough money in the budget? Yes - per the Auditor!

How do we get 5-5-5? We simply have to say NO to the contract and go back to the table.

It would be terrible for the public to see how bad things are when we go to an impasse because our Sheriff cannot make negotiations work. I am sure the newspapers would love to know why deputies are at odds with the Sheriff’s contract.

Politically and morally the best move the Sheriff can make is giving us a raise of what we asked for and more so for what we deserve.

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS! IF WE SAY NO TO THIS CONTRACT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THERE IS ALWAYS A PLAN “B” WITH THE SHERIFF AND HE MAY VERY WELL OFFER US THE 5x5x5 BEFORE WE GO TO IMPASSE.

VOTE NO AND STICK TOGETHER!

(Remember to still vote for Sheriff Lamberti during election time - he might be cheap, but he is still the best man for the job - thank you.)

04-22-2008, 01:52 AM
YES = Stuck for three years with below the cost of living wage increases (no matter who is elected Sheriff.).

NO = (if we declare Impasse) Imposed one year contract (the same 3% we'd be getting anyway) that expires in six months. We'll be negotiating with the Sheriff again before the election.

04-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Boy you guys sound nervous.

04-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Actually its the Sheriff when he showed up at Pompano lying his butt off that sounded nervous. That was one the biggest acts of desperation I have ever seen. Everyone ask yourself this question: When was the last time in the history of the Sheriffs Office that a Sheriff came out to a District trying to sell a contract. Talk about an act of desperation. Listen up my brothers and sisters we have him up against the ropes just VOTE NO on the contract and lets go for the knock out punch.

04-22-2008, 12:18 PM
All you vote no people, remind me of ALL the IUPA posts to support a change to a new union. If you came on the posts it APPEARED that IUPA was going to win big. That was all a smokescreen and the PBA won and won good. Mark my words, this contract will pass and the majority will vote YES. You NO voters will be shocked when the YES vote comes back and comes back strong. VOTE YES

04-22-2008, 03:08 PM
:lol:

04-22-2008, 08:20 PM
All you vote no people, remind me of ALL the IUPA posts to support a change to a new union. If you came on the posts it APPEARED that IUPA was going to win big. That was all a smokescreen and the PBA won and won good. Mark my words, this contract will pass and the majority will vote YES. You NO voters will be shocked when the YES vote comes back and comes back strong. VOTE YES

PS. I enjoy the sucking the Sheriff's balls. They arent as big as KJ's, but just as salty

04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Actually its the Sheriff when he showed up at Pompano lying his butt off that sounded nervous. That was one the biggest acts of desperation I have ever seen. Everyone ask yourself this question: When was the last time in the history of the Sheriffs Office that a Sheriff came out to a District trying to sell a contract. Talk about an act of desperation. Listen up my brothers and sisters we have him up against the ropes just VOTE NO on the contract and lets go for the knock out punch.
There is just no pleasing you guys. If the sheriff sends someone else, you guys ***** because he is too good to come himself. If he doesn't send anyone, he is sitting high up on his perch looking down at the little people and laughing.

If he comes himself, so everyone can hear it directly from him, he is desperate. You don't have SHIT against the ropes. You ney sayers talked big for the longest time and now, your the ones that sound desperate trying to drum up support for your no vote. NOT WORKING!!!!

04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Great example, the above post, on why you SHOULDN'T vote the contract down. They know there are going to lose so now they start making fun of you like a bully.

I never mentioned anything about the sheriff. So call me all the names you want... I'M VOTING YES.....IT'S A FAIR OFFER.

THE CONTRACT WILL PASS BULLY:) What are you going to do now...make fun of my mom....GROW UP.

04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Great example, the above post, on why you SHOULDN'T vote the contract down. They know there are going to lose so now they start making fun of you like a bully.

I never mentioned anything about the sheriff. So call me all the names you want... I'M VOTING YES.....IT'S A FAIR OFFER.

THE CONTRACT WILL PASS BULLY:) What are you going to do now...make fun of my mom....GROW UP.

I was once like you. I seriously considered voting yes, but after checking the numbers I have decided it would not be in the agencies (PBA Membership) best interest. If we vote yes our salaries will be so far behind we'll never catch up (fifth out of five FRS agencies in Broward). If the sheriff increase the health insurance as he has threatened, we still be farther ahead with 5-5-5 than with 3-3-3 and no health insurance increase. If we go to impasse the union starts to renegotiate for the 2008-2009 contract almost immediately. We as the membership can apply pressure for a better contract. The sheriff wants to have a signed contract so he can direct all his attention on the election. It does like good to the public having personnel issues and no signed contract.
If noticed at the last meet the members that were shouting the loudest about taking the 3-3-3 were the members that contributed to the sheriff's election funds. Think long and hard about the possible reason they want a signed contract.

04-23-2008, 12:37 AM

I was once like you. I seriously considered voting yes, but after checking the numbers I have decided it would not be in the agencies (PBA Membership) best interest. If we vote yes our salaries will be so far behind we'll never catch up (fifth out of five FRS agencies in Broward). If the sheriff increase the health insurance as he has threatened, we still be farther ahead with 5-5-5 than with 3-3-3 and no health insurance increase. If we go to impasse the union starts to renegotiate for the 2008-2009 contract almost immediately. We as the membership can apply pressure for a better contract. The sheriff wants to have a signed contract so he can direct all his attention on the election. It does like good to the public having personnel issues and no signed contract.
If noticed at the last meet the members that were shouting the loudest about taking the 3-3-3 were the members that contributed to the sheriff's election funds. Think long and hard about the possible reason they want a signed contract.

VOTE YES!

04-23-2008, 02:17 AM
There are some of us who don't believe in the PBA conspiracy theory that Brickman is looking to smear our Sheriff. The current board has given their seal of disapproval and I'm with them. I do believe Sheriff Lamberti is the best candidate. I believe our Sheriff is playing hardball with us and those who are looking to gain something are openly in support of his offer, in the hopes they will be rewarded. That's how politics have been played here since before Navarro. Until we as a group stand up for ourselves, we'll always be selling ourselves short. If some want to prostitute themselves for their own personal gain, they will have to live by their decision. But by doing so (knowing that it's been done by several deputies before) it goes against what we are supposed to stand for, truth, honesty and integrity. Go ahead and sell your brothers and sisters out. I guess the "Brotherhood" is dead. Maybe that's why we've had the dark times we've recently had.

I'm not a malcontent; I just want what's fair. Other area agencies have received 5%, we should too. I know fairness in BSO can be considered an oxymoron but change can happen.

YES = Stuck for three years with below the cost of living wage increases (no matter who is elected Sheriff.).

NO = Imposed one year contract (the same 3% we'd be getting anyway) that expires in six months. We'll be negotiating with the Sheriff again before the election.

IF WE DON'T STAND TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR WHAT WE DESERVE, WE'LL GET WHAT WE DESERVE .... NOTHING!

04-23-2008, 05:59 AM
You sound desperate trying to drum up support for your no vote. After reading your post, I'm voting yes.

04-23-2008, 06:07 AM
You PBA lovers have placed a lot of weight on what that fat, disgusting, so called "economist" said at the PBA meeting. I did not see one document, or any other piece of evidence other then some fat slob hired by Brickman and company, telling everyone there is plenty of money that the sheriff can do whatever he wants with, and that we should not vote for Sheriff Lamberti.

Get real this is almost as bad as the homeless people IUPA hired to picket.

04-23-2008, 01:37 PM
You PBA lovers have placed a lot of weight on what that fat, disgusting, so called "economist" said at the PBA meeting. I did not see one document, or any other piece of evidence other then some fat slob hired by Brickman and company, telling everyone there is plenty of money that the sheriff can do whatever he wants with, and that we should not vote for Sheriff Lamberti.

Get real this is almost as bad as the homeless people IUPA hired to picket.

Ok, this is where it starts I guess. The name calling, the smoke & mirrors, the slight of hand (or in this case mouth) to make it appear the NO voters are PBA lovers or that we have our own hidden agendas. My only agenda is for a fair contract that will enable me to keep providing for my family during the ever increasing rate of inflation here in South Florida.

I would think if you asked to see the economist's paperwork, you would have been given the opportunity.

I guess we were at different meetings because I didn't hear anyone (including our PBA Exec. Board) say that we should not vote for Sheriff Lamberti. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

All of this slight of mouth is just attempting to cloud the crystal clear picture that this is a substandard contract offer that will keep us one of the lowest paid agencies in the area. All anyone has to do is check the other contracts in the area to see this for themselves.

Yes, we should have been more vocal during the past nine years, but the political (slight of mouth) machine was in overdrive. With our new Exec. Board and our determination for a fair contract, we can succeed in getting what we deserve.

Other area agencies have received 5%, we should too. I know fairness in BSO can be considered an oxymoron but change can happen.

We deserve more than 3-3-3. We deserve to not be the lowest paid FRS agency in the area. Do the math, compare the other recently ratified contracts and you'll see this offer isn't close to what we should be voting on.