PDA

View Full Version : Lottery

04-21-2008, 07:28 PM
So how did the new and improved lottery system work for everybody?

04-21-2008, 07:31 PM
how do you think, it crashed and a lot of people were excluded. whomever the people are who voted to get rid of the lottery, I hope you were one of the ones excluded from getting any hours.

04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
how do you think, it crashed and a lot of people were excluded. whomever the people are who voted to get rid of the lottery, I hope you were one of the ones excluded from getting any hours.

So do you have any suggestions on how to improve it?

04-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I am running two different computers and I still have not been able to get on after trying for 40 minutes.

04-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I ususally got not much more then the 24 hours each month. The reason for the 2 computers is the aircard ***** so I usually use the home DSL anyway. I had a feeling this would severly crash the system....ohh and BTW I finally got on and got my 16.

04-21-2008, 08:37 PM
I ususally got not much more then the 24 hours each month. The reason for the 2 computers is the aircard ***** so I usually use the home DSL anyway. I had a feeling this would severly crash the system....ohh and BTW I finally got on and got my 16.

I got on with no problems. Here's a clue, if signing on with PBSO computer, do not sign on to net motion. Use just the air card and when you sign on, you will not be able to access the apps page. However, you can acess the permits page the air card is a lot faster when not running net motion. Try it and see if it works. I got my 16 hours also. This works well, it will just have to take some getting use to.

04-21-2008, 11:23 PM

I got on with no problems. Here's a clue, if signing on with PBSO computer, do not sign on to net motion. Use just the air card and when you sign on, you will not be able to access the apps page. However, you can acess the permits page the air card is a lot faster when not running net motion. Try it and see if it works. I got my 16 hours also. This works well, it will just have to take some getting use to.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get 13 hours, which is better then nothing. Thanks again.

04-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I dont know about this new system. I took me one hour and fifteen min. to finally get my 16 hrs. Is there any other way to get our details I dont think so. I think we are just going to have to get use to this system and be done with it.

04-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, we were lucky that half the department was involved in the chase up I - 95 at 1500 hrs when the pick started otherwise it would have really crashed. BUT as of 0930 Tue morn it only shows 69 permits left open. That shows that with all permits spread out equally they are almost gone. Nobody got more than a fair share. The guys who somehow work over 100 hrs every month may have to look elsewhere !

04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
It took me 53 minutes to get my 1st pick....i managed to get 15.....