PDA

View Full Version : :(

04-18-2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/a ... ryid=78477 (http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=78477)

04-19-2008, 01:21 AM
How can this department set the a standard of excellence when you have so many that have been on The wrong side of the law. Hodgie, JB, McGarry...no wait...you got rid of him over a MINOR crime.

When this website was first started, someone told me that it was a place where cowards, hiding behind anonymity, post uninformed opinions and make ridiculous statements. Let me tell you “Guest,” you did not disappoint. I see that you’re still bitter over the grade school bully taking your lunch money everyday, and now you’re quick to yell “thief” when no one will know who you are.

I heard my name had been brought up on this site and decided to check it out. I, unlike you “Guest,” will not post my uniformed opinions on this site for all to read. As for J.B. and McGooch, I don’t know the facts of the cases and I don’t even care to get the facts. I am not defined by this job and it does not totally define me. I have another life and what J.B. and McGooch went through has no bearing on me. I will say that both of their situations were based on an alleged series of ongoing events and an alleged pattern of conduct.

My case was an isolated incident, which you have chosen to bring up on this site. Salvaging something from the trash to get a little more use out of it, until the Department provides something better, is trying to make more out of less. It is done in the military, of which I have over six years of experience in the Marines, to get around some of the red tape and bureaucracy. It’s kind of an ‘improvise, adapt, and overcome,” mentality that you probably know nothing about. In a politically sensitive climate, was conducting myself in a manner that left me open to speculation stupid? Yes. Was it criminal? No. Thankfully, the powers that be over at HR, with no personal agendas, read the facts and called it as they put it “unauthorized use, at best.”

A 10+ year old computer, that in sworn statements was described as “useless, had no value, and was going to be thrown away,” does not fit the elements of a crime. I hope “Guest,” that you check your “elements of a crime” section in your little pocket law guide before you make another case, if you’ve ever made a case. Then again, you don’t seem to be concerned with elements or facts.

If you truly stand by your words, then put your name on your next ridiculous post. I have a solid reputation and a good work ethic at CPD. I realize that there are better Officers than I at CPD, and I could learn something from them, but I can say with certainty that you “Guest” are not one of them. If I ever post something again on this site, I have no problem putting my name to it. “Guest,” put your name on your next post and you will probably hear them laughing all of the way into Greenwood.

A little word of advice here “Guest,” to borrow a line from the book Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement by Kevin Gilmartin, “this is career not a crusade.” In other words, get a life. You should read the book, but I think the next book he is coming out with is probably more appropriate for you. It’s called “Why You Never Became the Cop You Thought You Would.”

Again I offer, contact me if you wish “Guest.” You know the number to my voicemail. I’ll call you back and I’ll even give you my word that I won’t name you on this site. Anyone who knows me knows that my word is golden. Maybe in a week or two I’ll post again to update those scoring at home to let them know if you contacted me or not. I doubt that you will because you’ve already shown that you’re a coward.

04-19-2008, 11:43 AM
This was a two year old case that was closed and the officer was disciplined. It is odd that the story now comes out to the media after being closed for all this time. This is an attempt by Command Staff to start a political campaign against the City H.R. Department because of the heat that is now being placed on them to do their job.

04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
This was a two year old case that was closed and the officer was disciplined. It is odd that the story now comes out to the media after being closed for all this time. This is an attempt by Command Staff to start a political campaign against the City H.R. Department because of the heat that is now being placed on them to do their job.

My thoughts exactly. You would think we would have a story or two that could be leaked to the press. Use the media for what it is good for.

04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
What does A few Drunks arrested in the The Drunk Swimming and Boating Area behind Shephards have to do with Hodgsons computer issue from a few years ago?

PATHETIC !!

04-22-2008, 07:19 PM
http://www.tampabays10.com/news/specials/fletch/article.aspx?storyid=74865

"City of Clearwater sends their tribute to Fletch
Elizabeth Daly-Watts is the Public Information Officer for the City of Clearwater. Before working for Clearwater, she was a producer here at Tampa Bay's 10. Here is her tribute to **** Fletcher."

I’ve heard of the Captain going down with the ship, but the Chief appears set on trying to take the ship down with him. He’s brought a mole into the department and Channel 10 will now have carte blanch on any and all records. Brace yourselves, because any one of us could be next as the spin doctors are being fed info and no one is truly safe.

04-22-2008, 11:49 PM
WOW!

04-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Looks like we got bamboozled! I have said it before, I will say it again - If Wayne was still around, this would not be happening.

04-23-2008, 01:23 AM
The only way that the hodgie story could have been stopped would be in a communist controlled media. Some rich a$# hole who had money and connections, a good attorney and a private investigator was behind this. Nobody else. Sorry it happened, but no big deal. Small speck in the big picture that isn't even visible anymore.

04-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Don't think that bitter old Wayne wouldn't feed that story to the media to get even. Or maybe JQ? OUr PIO is fair and doing great. Cut the crap

04-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Ya she did GREAT on the Parco incident!

04-23-2008, 03:58 AM
This PIO maybe fair (not), she's difinately not great or good for that matter. She maybe easy on the eyes but she is awful at what she does. I would watch my back, she's nothing but a media rat doing the bidding of the chief. The bitter old man that he is. This PD in nothing but a sinking ship.

04-24-2008, 01:34 AM
I wouldnt call her a media rat. She was pushed into the position because of budget cuts, and she has some "schoolin' that Wayne did not. She is a breath of fresh air to Shelor. He was a legend that was strickly in his own mind. Wayne was very good, but his attitude got in the way. As for the Parco incident, that was strickly learning environment for Parco, and nothing else. That situation just proves, that Legally just because we carry a badge and in that incident, HE was RIGHT, HIS TIMING WAS WRONG. You learn that over time, and situations like Parcos.

I bet Parco could take the whole incident back, he would but he probably wouldnt admit it. In fact, he felt so right about the incident he decided to take a last minute vacation day the day after !

McDonalds had all the making of a Media Circus. Old Lady in a drive through that wouldnt move her car. If she prevented PARCO from responding to a CODE 3 event, the media might have been kinder to him.

We dont base what we do on being put on the front page, but COME ON !
Parco could have backed off for a few minutes, regardless of her refusing to show ID or call him a Brat....and left it at that....Parco and others will have to learn the hard way. The badge gets Too Big for their britches...and a McDonalds Incident brings them Crashing back down to Earth..even when they are right.

Thats all I'm sayin'

04-24-2008, 11:59 AM
"City of Clearwater sends their tribute to Fletch
Elizabeth Daly-Watts is the Public Information Officer for the City of Clearwater. Before working for Clearwater, she was a producer here at Tampa Bay's 10. Here is her tribute to . Fletcher."

Well, and this story was leaked to which station? Oh yeah, Tampa Bays 10.

:roll:

Don't trust her now and never will. She has no interest or care for this department. Media people love to make the cops look like bad. Do you honestly think she will EVER stand up for anyone at the PD or actually put a positive spin on anything?

When pigs fly!

04-24-2008, 12:35 PM
[quote="OMG"] she's nothing but a media rat doing the bidding of the chief. The bitter old man that he is. quote]

What do you think Wayne was?

04-24-2008, 07:21 PM
She's hotttttt!!!!

04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
she's nothing but a media rat doing the bidding of the chief. The bitter old man that he is. quote]

What do you think Wayne was?

Wayne was a media rat doing the same thing!!! That's what I think.

04-24-2008, 10:59 PM
If we are going to have one.. I'd rather A Hot Momma be "Pumpin' Me For Information :) than an Old Warthog... :)

04-25-2008, 12:29 AM
If we are going to have one.. I'd rather A Hot Momma be "Pumpin' Me For Information :) than an Old Warthog... :)

Speakin of pumpin, she is HOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-25-2008, 01:10 AM
it was leaked by a lawyer who hired a PI who had been gathering records when GWS was here. Claims of leaks are BS.

04-25-2008, 10:34 AM
The only way that the hodgie story could have been stopped would be in a communist controlled media. Some rich a$# hole who had money and connections, a good attorney and a private investigator was behind this. Nobody else. Sorry it happened, but no big deal. Small speck in the big picture that isn't even visible anymore.

No the only way the hodgie story would have stopped was not to commit a crime.

04-25-2008, 06:49 PM
How is it a theft if the owner, The City of Clearwater, was never deprived of the use of the computer? What law was broken by moving a computer from one station to another?

Bad decision? Yes.
Violate some minute policy somewhere? Possibly.
Break the law? Please explain.

04-26-2008, 12:16 AM
You know it’s unbelievable that this is even in the news. Why is it now a days the Police have to be painted in a bad light every chance the media gets? Fitton and Borys are fat rich a##holes that were violating an noise ordinance and were being disrespectful to the patrons of Sheppard’s. But because they think they were in the right, a police officer's history was researched and plaster on the news. The Media needs to get a grip and report true news....

Why not report the good that Officers do like be deployed in the line of fire overseas, volunteer time to a local church or organization for the needy, or for god sake doing their job by saving the rest of the sorry people in the world from killing each other.

This country needs to wake up and take a vacation overseas and see how other law enforcement agencies work. This country has the most touchy feely law enforcement in the world. If these two jerks would have done this in England, Spain, France or any other country over seas they would be glad they were still able to walk. I have seen how people are handled overseas, these guys would have ended up in the hospital because it is not acceptable to talk back to Police and act like an A## in public. Just asked the US Marine who was caned in public several years ago in Japan.

Stop slamming officers and support your local Police. The more support we give them the more they will be able to do thier job instead of being controlled and held back by the Mayors and Chiefs who want to be politicians and not public servants.

04-26-2008, 12:33 AM
This is how our Police should be allowed to act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C61415MJ ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C61415MJz8A&feature=related)[/url]

04-26-2008, 02:20 PM
he was probably DWLSR anyway..... :)

04-26-2008, 07:23 PM
It was not a City computer, read the report...