PDA

View Full Version : Another example of the Union SCREWING US!

04-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, I thought I had heard it all, but it seems as if the grand Pooh-Bah (aka President ****ey) has authorized the PBA to file a motion to postpone the decertification election for the detention chapter. WHY?
Why don’t you keep your promise ****ey and allow the majority to have their voice? Isn’t that the whole purpose of a union in the first place? (Doesn’t it seem kind of hypocritical to deny us the opportunity to have a say in our future.) Somewhere during all of this, we forgot the reason that the PBA was brought to this agency. The majority spoke then, why should it be any different now? Is this how you want to be remembered after you leave this agency? Well my friend, this will be your legacy. Because now, you are screwing with OUR MONEY!
By filing this motion to postpone the election, we will not get to vote for a long time. Since over 300 deputies and corporals signed the petition, the Sheriff is well within his rights to let the chapter members decide. Don’t you think that is reasonable? I have also learned that after PERC approved the election for our chapter, Stull (PBA’s attorney) responded to PERC saying that the PBA had no objections. What happened ****ey, why are you doing this?
If we continue with the vote, we could know by the end of May where we stand. If the UNION is successful in postponing this election, heaven knows when we will get another raise. THIS IS TOTAL CRAP!

****ey you are the President of our chapter, why don’t you do the right thing for a change!

04-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Its all about money to you, that fine. To other people who remembers how the Sheriff rail roaded that booking deputy its about other things as well.

04-18-2008, 02:23 AM
Well, I thought I had heard it all, but it seems as if the grand Pooh-Bah (aka President ****ey) has authorized the PBA to file a motion to postpone the decertification election for the detention chapter. WHY?
Why don’t you keep your promise ****ey and allow the majority to have their voice? Isn’t that the whole purpose of a union in the first place? (Doesn’t it seem kind of hypocritical to deny us the opportunity to have a say in our future.) Somewhere during all of this, we forgot the reason that the PBA was brought to this agency. The majority spoke then, why should it be any different now? Is this how you want to be remembered after you leave this agency? Well my friend, this will be your legacy. Because now, you are screwing with OUR MONEY!
By filing this motion to postpone the election, we will not get to vote for a long time. Since over 300 deputies and corporals signed the petition, the Sheriff is well within his rights to let the chapter members decide. Don’t you think that is reasonable? I have also learned that after PERC approved the election for our chapter, Stull (PBA’s attorney) responded to PERC saying that the PBA had no objections. What happened ****ey, why are you doing this?
If we continue with the vote, we could know by the end of May where we stand. If the UNION is successful in postponing this election, heaven knows when we will get another raise. THIS IS TOTAL CRAP!

****ey you are the President of our chapter, why don’t you do the right thing for a change!

You people are great, be mad at the guy doing his job. Do not get mad at the guy who refused to play within the law and get a contract done(GEE). Get mad at the guy who played by the rules and filed the correct paperwork with the state to require the sheriff to sit down. Blame the president for the delay? why not blame the sheriff for not sitting down at the table? had the boss sat down this would have been over momths ago. did you read the ruleing? did you see how many times the pba tried to get the office to sit down? YUP, blame the union for trying to do what they were elected to do get a coontract done. Dont blame the ones with the petitions (black) who screwed that up and did it again for delaying the process. Blame the union. No petition, this is done months ago. The sheriff does the right thing, this is done months ago. we voted, the union was voted in, get over it. you want to keep voting until you win? OK! Remember this is not just about money.

the unfair labor practice was completed and perc thinks there is enough to it to move forward, why would that be? Why would a state agencey believe the union? Maybe because it is true? Maybe the sheriff was not playing by the rules and dragging his feet to get rid of the union? Maybe he out smarted a bunch of people, get them (road,jail sgts) to give up with out a fight. maybe the idea was to keep dragging the feet until the jail people give up and vote the union out? If the office had come to the table, the contract would have been completed and you jail people would have gotten your raise. but this way works better for the sheriff.

you people blame the easy target, not the correct target.

04-18-2008, 02:28 AM

Hey tuff guy, if you want an answer why dont you call him and ask him?

04-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Funny how no one complained when they were holding things up to get signatures. I think it is great. Gee can get on the other side of the whitness stand and tell how he lied to us to hold things up to bust the union. How he had Majors call people at home to get signatures. How he had supervisors threaten transfeers to some. It is wonderfull. 1st they throw good people under the bus, then we find that inmates are in our pension plan and we can not get the mony back. This place is becomming a joke. I hope it makes national news. The 2.5 percent won't make me or break me. Now it is the principle.

04-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Plain and simple, this needs to end as soon as possible, one way or the other. Delaying this vote will only cause us to lose more money. I'm glad that some of you can live off of principle, but I have to many mouths to feed. I need the money. Our president has 10,000 reasons a year to keep this union, what are ours?

04-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Who knows where to start? I voted against the union back in ’03-’04, but the majority voted it in. I became a member because it was the right thing to do. I heard all the horror stories about pay compression when I first started. It didn’t faze me because I thought I was making a good wage. But being a FTO and dealing with all the academies that were coming out month after month and seeing that some of the new rookies were making slightly more than the previous academy rookies, was just not right. When things like that happen the compression started too affect me, because the starting pay was getting increased more than our wage was getting increased each year. The step plan was created to insure that each year of service stays equally spaced apart. Since I was more than halfway up the step plan for time in grade, I received a nice raise in Oct ’05 and Oct ’06. If I remember correctly we were receiving a 7% raise annually. 3.5% in DEC and 3.5% on your date of rank. The way I figure it if I would have just received the 7% increase each year up until Dec ’07, I would still be making .92cents an hour LESS than I make now so I don’t care if we get a raise in May or at the end of the year. I’m STILL AHEAD OF THE GAME. I say keep the union and give it at least 3 to 4 more years, but that’s just my opinion.
I predict that the majority will vote to decertify, the “G” man will due the (slight of hand, shell game or smoke and mirrors) what ever you want to call it, the raise we get will look nice but it’s just moving money from one hand to the other. Oh after we get that nice raise don’t forget about the recession that will last for the next 3-5 years. We MIGHT get a small COLA, which will not even be close to the inflation rate each year. In the future when you complete your 10 years of service and you make that call to civil service and ask how come you didn’t get the top out pay? The response will go like this, “The step plan went away in 2008 when you decertified the union, you might top out after 16 years of service, is there any other questions I can help you with?”
Hey bartender, 1 wild turkey and 1 bud light!!!!

04-18-2008, 06:08 AM
There is still one question that I have yet to see addressed: If Gee is on the up and up, why is he withholding the raises until the Union is voted out? Isn’t that a case of Gee paying us to get rid of the Union? In essence Gee is paying us more money only in order to vote out the union. If this were not the case, then why withhold the raises? I feel that Gee is treating us as prostitutes. I think it would be very ironic for the jail deputies to have more character than the road deputies, by saying “No, I don’t care how much money you offer us to do the wrong thing, we’re will not do the wrong thing, just for money.”

04-18-2008, 09:41 AM
That is why D.Thomas is gone. She had principles.

04-18-2008, 12:26 PM
It is nice to see that some of the people coming on have some knowledge and sense.

It amazes that some people come on and slam ****ey but won't put there real name to it.

Hey pissed off why don't you man up and say who you are instead of hiding behind a false name and being scared. But stay behind the mask so it makes you feel safe.

It would be nice if the detention deputies said no and kept the union for the right reasons because in the end the others aren't getting much.

And you are right about Dawn Thomas she did have principles, just sad to see a good deputy gone.

04-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Here is the plain simple answer:

Let ****ey file these senseless motions to try and force the Sheriff to the bargaining table, so that they can immediately accept the last proposal. Let's see if everyone can remember:

1. 4% raise will be agreed too.
2. The request for binding arbitration, will be withdrawn.
3. Full time release for the President, will be withdrawn.

and...wallah...the contract is agreed upon! Im not sure that is what we want.

So, we wait a few more months to get a 4% raise. That doesn't sound very appealing since the Sergeants and LE received more than 10 percent, unless you were topped out and you got 5%. And don't give me the crap that it includes the DC and Cafeteria...Those are added in later.

But, the bottom line with these motions, is that it buys ****ey and his cohorts a litte more time to take off and play golf on your dime. If you don't think that the WCFPBA is running scared, then my friends you are surely mistaken. With the enormous drop in revenue that has occurred for them, do you not think that by delaying the vote, will help keep their heads above water a bit longer.

In the meantime, the working folks are screwed until either a contract settlement is reached, which could take months or ****ey rescinds this idiotic motion and allow the deputies to simply vote on what they want. If the vote sides with the PBA, then back to the bargaining table we go. If the Sheriff wins, then a nice hefty raise is waiting in the wind.

For those of you that are PBA members and enjoy the representation, keep it. There is nothing written in stone that keeps you from not using the representation when you do stupid and have to sit in front of an IA detective. You don't need collective bargaining for that.

I VOTE to say allow us to vote and see what the outcome may bring.

My two cents....Detention Corporal

04-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Here is the plain simple answer:

Let ****ey file these senseless motions to try and force the Sheriff to the bargaining table, so that they can immediately accept the last proposal. Let's see if everyone can remember:

1. 4% raise will be agreed too.
2. The request for binding arbitration, will be withdrawn.
3. Full time release for the President, will be withdrawn.

and...wallah...the contract is agreed upon! Im not sure that is what we want.

So, we wait a few more months to get a 4% raise. That doesn't sound very appealing since the Sergeants and LE received more than 10 percent, unless you were topped out and you got 5%. And don't give me the crap that it includes the DC and Cafeteria...Those are added in later.

But, the bottom line with these motions, is that it buys ****ey and his cohorts a litte more time to take off and play golf on your dime. If you don't think that the WCFPBA is running scared, then my friends you are surely mistaken. With the enormous drop in revenue that has occurred for them, do you not think that by delaying the vote, will help keep their heads above water a bit longer.

In the meantime, the working folks are screwed until either a contract settlement is reached, which could take months or ****ey rescinds this idiotic motion and allow the deputies to simply vote on what they want. If the vote sides with the PBA, then back to the bargaining table we go. If the Sheriff wins, then a nice hefty raise is waiting in the wind.

For those of you that are PBA members and enjoy the representation, keep it. There is nothing written in stone that keeps you from not using the representation when you do stupid and have to sit in front of an IA detective. You don't need collective bargaining for that.

I VOTE to say allow us to vote and see what the outcome may bring.

My two cents....Detention Corporal

Hey dumbo those are not the items on the table, if you are going to talk smack at least find out what it is that you are talking about. the detention chapter was not asking for full time release for anyone. The sheriff gave leos a 4%+cafe bene+defer comp. That is hefty? 4% plus stuff you have now! WOW. Call the pba office there is still over 500 hcso members. educate yourself before you type dumbo. you voted once did you not?
how long have you been a cpl? and a member?

04-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey dumbo those are not the items on the table, if you are going to talk smack at least find out what it is that you are talking about. the detention chapter was not asking for full time release for anyone. The sheriff gave leos a 4%+cafe bene+defer comp. That is hefty? 4% plus stuff you have now! WOW. Call the pba office there is still over 500 hcso members. educate yourself before you type dumbo. you voted once did you not?
how long have you been a cpl? and a member?

Sheriff has not given anything yet according to rumors out of the County Building. Seems Civil Service is claiming that the defer comp and the cafe bene are not his to give out like that. It is a county-wide program with set rules that do not allow for what he wants to do.

One has got to remember that now that the PBA is gone we all revert back to Civil Service. Any pay plan or change in the current pay system has to also be approved by then.

04-20-2008, 12:56 PM
That doesn't sound very appealing since the Sergeants and LE received more than 10 percent

Can you show us how you calculated 10%? I can't figure it out. Break it down for me.

$61,042.00 (topped out pay for leo), plus 10%, plus cafe, plus deff comp. Does not add up to what is on the pay scale.

Please Show us your math

04-20-2008, 03:16 PM
That doesn't sound very appealing since the Sergeants and LE received more than 10 percent

Can you show us how you calculated 10%? I can't figure it out. Break it down for me.

$61,042.00 (topped out pay for leo), plus 10%, plus cafe, plus deff comp. Does not add up to what is on the pay scale.

Please Show us your math

Are you sure you are a leo? You should be able to perform the simple math based on the sheet that was handed out at the presentation. This means that either you did not attend, or that you cannot do simple math. If you cannot perform the simple math involved, then you probably should keep quiet.

04-20-2008, 05:32 PM
And of course if the sheriff said it IT MUST BE TRUE. because he would never mislead us would he.

You have a face value, and a real value. on the surface big money when you look at actual value.....not so much

04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Are you sure you are a leo? You should be able to perform the simple math based on the sheet that was handed out at the presentation. This means that either you did not attend, or that you cannot do simple math. If you cannot perform the simple math involved, then you probably should keep quiet.

I did the math. It is not 10%. I would like him to show me how he came up with 10%. He is talking out of his a$$. Just making a point!

Hcso Deputy
04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Topped out Deputies get 5% not 10%

04-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Please move this thread over to the detention board. Those of us on the LE side have moved on past this "Sheriff BAD...Union GOOD!" tripe.

04-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Please move this thread over to the detention board. Those of us on the LE side have moved on past this "Sheriff BAD...Union GOOD!" tripe.

Ummmmmm No! ...................................TOO BAD!

04-22-2008, 03:38 AM

I do not see "LEO" on the thread, This is just as much detentions site as it's the LEO guys.

04-22-2008, 02:24 PM

ShUt Up BoDhI

04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
oH cRaP, hE'S bACk!