PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota has already began Cutting

04-16-2008, 05:15 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080416/NEWS9902/49484467/1661

And Bradenton has to cut even more from its Budget.

04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
WOW! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

04-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Sarasota has to cut 10 million--Bradenton has to cut 2.5 million.

04-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Who gets the money from the vehicles that are seized and auctioned off? What about the money you guys take off of these drug dealers? does that go towards the city budget or the PD's?

Also, What the purpose of a city offical having a take home car?

04-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Items seized that are forfeited and the funds go to a fund for use by the PD for equipment that is not normally pruchased. Its against the law, for example, to use it for cars as that is normal equipment. its used to pruchase things for narcotic detection, K9 etc. All the spending by statue is approved by the City Council so when a non budget item is needed that is not normal equipment the Chief goes in front of the City Council and get permission. I think the next purchase is for vedeo equipment for all the Officers and Sergeants cars.

Others in City Government have a car allowance because they come in from home for things that have to do with their job. I think this can be eleminated myself.

04-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Sarasota has to cut 10 million--Bradenton has to cut 2.5 million.

WRONG!!! YOU HAD BETTER READ THAT AGAIN! YOUR FACTS ARE SKEWED!!

04-17-2008, 01:18 AM
According to the news he is right-- In Sarasota its 10 million and projected to be 2 million for Bradenton.

04-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Looks like they hired a consultant to go over their budget and determine where they need to make the cuts. Maybe Bradenton should do the same, hire someone unbiased. Instead of having one department head looking at another department heads budget and deciding what needs to go, example are the police vests.

Cars in all the OTHER departments should be the first thing off the list. Same with the car allowances, if a person making 100,000 can not pay their own car payment, it's time to look for a new person. I'm sure they too can be replaced for someone at with a reduced salary.

negster
04-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Others in City Government have a car allowance because they come in from home for things that have to do with their job. I think this can be eleminated myself.

And which ones from city hall ever come out after hours for anything??? Carl, Staci, or Carolyn??? Yeah right...PLEASE!!! :roll:

And they make all the big bucks and a vehicle allowances...what a joke!

04-19-2008, 01:00 AM

And which ones from city hall ever come out after hours for anything??? Carl, Staci, or Carolyn??? Yeah right...PLEASE!!! :roll:

And they make all the big bucks and a vehicle allowances...what a joke!

MMMM, never seen that happen!!