Let me pose this question to you my friends..Does the
threat of a lawsuit make you think twice about doing
your jobs? It happens here more than you know. More
and more scumbags are filing frivolous federal civil rights
lawsuits against MBPD officers and police officers in
other jurisdictions. Yes, the city defends us, but the
aggravation is tremendous. The courts and Miami
juries are not sympathetic either...They see it as their
"payback", a way to kill our spirit. What do you think?

04-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Hopefullly not. Two things here that need to be done regardless of a lawsuit threat.

One and most importantly is that we need to take care of business in order for us to go home. Second is that at the end of the day we have a job to do wether people like it or not. Aggravating and difficult? Yes. There is nothing we can do to stop the lawsuits from coming, it goes with the territory. We go through the motions and usually justice prevails. Nothing can be done to us if we act within our scope.

04-17-2008, 05:52 AM
Maybe to a certain extent. Ficticious lawsuits are a given here in this field. But when IA gets a complaint and follows up on it, which they have to do, that's thier job. And gets 100% proof the allegations are made-up, the complaint is unsubstantiated. That's great but follow up on it and 39 the complainant and all for making a false report! There has been one, I think, 39 for that in my 11 years here, and it involved now SIU gary a. There has been numerous before and after his same false report with no 39s for the reason given by IA /Brass that it may lbe interpreted as retaliation.......

04-17-2008, 08:17 AM
That's great but follow up on it and 39 the complainant and all for making a false report! There has been one, I think, 39 for that in my 11 years here, and it involved now SIU gary a. There has been numerous before and after his same false report with no 39s for the reason given by IA /Brass that it may lbe interpreted as retaliation.......

Whatever happened to a thing called BALLS?

04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
That's great but follow up on it and 39 the complainant and all for making a false report! There has been one, I think, 39 for that in my 11 years here, and it involved now SIU gary a. There has been numerous before and after his same false report with no 39s for the reason given by IA /Brass that it may lbe interpreted as retaliation.......

Whatever happened to a thing called BALLS?

The last set retired in 2001. Chief RB. Remember the Silvagni/Source awards incident and Barreto holding up the bad guys driving record at the press conference? Man it was nice having a REAL Chief.

04-18-2008, 04:37 AM
and who was the top brass in the juvenile room that was trying to qru the arrest?????

04-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Get over yourself

04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I am sorry to advise you all that the way I stay clear from lawsuits is by doing nothing but answering my calls.
I dont shake bushes and I dont bother anyone.
Unless its a 3-15,I am just going through the motions.
Someone will trash me but thats okay. My family comes first and I am not going to risk it so that a scumbag can take it all in court!
Thats what this dept and government has taught me!

04-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey "Rook" stop making excuses for being a 0. Use common sense, dont brutalize or steal and you will be fine. Frivalous lawsuits can come from any situation. In good faith goes quite a way in protecting you. Stop hiding behind your family. Just admit it, you came here to do as little as possible and collect a nice paycheck. Your government provides you the freedom to pen your ridiculous post, ENJOY!!

05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey "Rook" stop making excuses for being a 0. Use common sense, dont brutalize or steal and you will be fine. Frivalous lawsuits can come from any situation. In good faith goes quite a way in protecting you. Stop hiding behind your family. Just admit it, you came here to do as little as possible and collect a nice paycheck. Your government provides you the freedom to pen your ridiculous post, ENJOY!!

HEY MORON talk to TF on DAY SHIFT he just got in a huge law suit for doing his job and LOST ...... even the judge was shocked that he lost.
NO wonder why so many cops are "ZEROS"...the city will not back them up the FOP is Weak in the $$$$$$ dept.

05-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I did the original post. I certainly did not do this with the intention of you guys attacking each other. It's a touchy situation. We certainly should
NOT give in and let the system beat us. I have been sued several times,
all frivilous. My attorneys have told me that over the years, more and more suits have been getting filed. It's getting worse. But that same attorney did say for certain that those officers with the judgement against them will never have to pay a dime...He will do everything in his power to keep that from happening. Believe it or not, the City does make a valient effort to defend us..regardless of whether or not they are a party to the suit. I can attest to that. I have yet to be hung out to dry by city hall. Keep doing your jobs brothers and sisters, don't let them beat you!

05-05-2008, 11:01 PM
The city does all it can to HELP us? Are you being sarcastic or just drunk?
In less than 2yrs I have seen enough to last me a lifetime.
Brother,if it aint a 3-15,its just another call for me. One call at a time and NO PROACTIVE POLICING. Attys and scumbags are not getting my families money.
Oy vey!