PDA

View Full Version : So how did negotiations go today!?!?!?!?!

04-15-2008, 03:23 AM
Any updates??????????????????????????

04-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Yep, and they wont be posted here. Jerk

04-16-2008, 02:56 AM
5/5 is the best we're going to see with this commission, and quite frankly I'm surprised they even went that high. Remember when we said pension cola or bust?......Ha!

04-16-2008, 03:31 AM
The biggest scumbag is Chief Roberts. He's a cop, he came up through our ranks, he's one of us, he's our chief. Yet looking out only for himself, he betrayed us. He is our Judas, sold us for money. Gretsas, Hebert, et al, they're not one of us and we could never expect loyalty or good faith from outsiders. Anyone with time on knows you can't expect loyalty or good faith from an outsider. The corrupt White Plains Mafia, the inept CIty Council, they're going to try to get away with whatever they can; it was up to the Chief to stand up for us. Carter is just a pissant, whispering in people's ear, he's not the boss. Roberts is, and he's responsible for bringing his own department to its knees.
I listen to the radio, hearing these cops volunteering for calls, cancelling backups, stacking paper, and I wonder if they work for the same place I do. Doing that, insulating the public from the true severity of the situation, is what worked against us.
Our Union did not give sufficient direction; maybe they overestimated the intelligence of everyone, but j#rkoffs like the above are in our ranks and it has to be spelled out to them. When senior guys point out the situation to them they're written off as a slug.
We're F@#ked, we'll be lucky to get the five and five with no strings attached.
However, I hope everyone is in the mood for retribution...

04-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I completely agree with your entire post, except for the one sentence in which the "senior guys" are the wise old officers following all the rules of the union. BULLSHIT....tell your SENIOR GUY friends to stop making 8 S/51 arrests at the beginning of day shift, and doing bum sweeps downtown...last time I checked there's no one above 1450 assigned to that job.
On midnights we work...the calls clear up, they won't hold forever, b/c the calls slow down and the guys on mids get screwed clearing up the previous two shift's calls up. But we also have been playing by the rules.....we pretty much already were and always have been.
I worked a day shift detail the other day...you know how many district 1 day shift "senior guys" cancel back ups, volunteer, etc...pretty much the entire shift.
When NEW guys point out the situation to them they're written off as a ****y asshole who doesn't have the right to speak their mind.
But like I said, I agree...outsiders can't be trusted...and it's sad that "one of us" has turned his back on the people he used to trust his life with. But the constant bashing of "new guys" and admiration for the "senior" officer is really annoying. The categories should be "good cops" and "morons"...b/c there's no time frame needed to determine between the two.

04-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Coming from someone that recently left......I was one of the newer guys. Don't any of you guys see that its only getting worse? It may get better.....someday...but that may just be wishful thinking. Tell me something, at what point will a "fairy-tale" A+ city management and pro-cop administration wake up one day and say, "You know what, these guys are great....lets pay them the most!"...when they know damn well you all will work for less? If most of you have little time on, just go somewhere else....it sucks for a little while starting over, but its not that bad. I really feel bad for the guys about to retire, they deserve a COLA and a decent payday when they finally check out. And for those of my friends and others choosing to stick it out, awesome....those aren't the guys you hear complaining because they are happy, and good for them.....but it wasn't for me. For all the newer guys that constantly post on here and complain, go do something about it. If not go elsewhere, then take whatever is given to you. Good luck to everyone.

04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I was speaking about my experience in trying to tip off a couple new guys, but I am aware of what you're saying, too. Actually, the shit pulled by the senior guys is worse. Ball-less wonders hooking up bums before city hall sees them in the morning; don't want to get yelled at for letting one get spotted by gretsas. As for district one, if they don't cancel their backups they might actually have to leave their coffee shop/living room/sub station and go to the call. Can't have witnesses. And check the computer; if you you have an alarm and a burglary in your area, cherry pick the alarm, advise on a 94, then sit on it. Eventually, the dispatcher will xy someone to handle what should be your 21.