PDA

View Full Version : How Good is T$'s Management?

04-13-2008, 09:22 PM
From Watchdog Report Vol 8, Number 38 April 13, 2008

Commissioner Angel Gonzalez took exception with the number of police officers on the force and the use of overtime. He said in the first three months of the year that “6.1 million” has been spent on overtime and the number could hit $12 million by year-end he thought. Commissioner Marc Sarnoff jumped into the conversation saying that when it came to the revolving door of criminals back on the streets. In Miami and the county the “recidivism problem is nothing short of stellar” and he noted that only 26 new officers have been added since 2001.

Who is making all the OT? Why is this allowed, Mr. Hernandez? How can anyone say this is good management?

04-13-2008, 09:25 PM
YEA,WHERE IS ALL THE OVERTIME? UNLESS YOU ARE HOOKED UP WITH THE WAGON,THERE IS NO MONEY OUT THERE.
THE DRAFTS ARE JUST THAT? DRAFTS.
WE NEED THE O.T.LIST BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!
OH AND SOME OF YOU DIDNT WANT THE DROP??? WE NEED HELP SO D.R.O.P. AND STAYYYYYYYYYYYYY,PLEASE.

04-13-2008, 09:34 PM
YEA,WHERE IS ALL THE OVERTIME? UNLESS YOU ARE HOOKED UP WITH THE WAGON,THERE IS NO MONEY OUT THERE.
THE DRAFTS ARE JUST THAT? DRAFTS.
WE NEED THE O.T.LIST BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!
OH AND SOME OF YOU DIDNT WANT THE DROP??? WE NEED HELP SO D.R.O.P. AND STAYYYYYYYYYYYYY,PLEASE.

20$ a hour for a rookie ready to clear all calls holding or 60$ a hour for a guy behind a desk pushing paper, yeah sounds like a great idea.

04-13-2008, 10:55 PM
You must not be in patrol. We need guys,old or rooks! Trust me,rooks aint putting out any fires. These guys act as if they have been here 20yrs.
We need bodies. Dont matter whether they are paid 20,60 or 80 an hour,come pinga!

04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
The words T$ and management form an oxy-moron.

04-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Commissioner Angel Gonzalez took exception with the number of police officers on the force and the use of overtime. He said in the first three months of the year that “6.1 million” has been spent on overtime and the number could hit $12 million by year-end he thought. Commissioner Marc Sarnoff jumped into the conversation saying that when it came to the revolving door of criminals back on the streets. In Miami and the county the “recidivism problem is nothing short of stellar” and he noted that only 26 new officers have been added since 2001.

Who is making all the OT? Why is this allowed, Mr. Hernandez? How can anyone say this is good management?

umm... lets at least HIRE PEOPLE and stop giving overtime to SPECIALIZED UNITS LIKE PST come on we need them in patrol

04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Are you serious about only 26 new officers in 7 years? dont they have like 60 slots per recuitment drive?

04-15-2008, 09:47 PM
The problem has been that they hire 20 every 6 months or so but 22 retire easy to see why we have onlgained 26 in the past seven years.

04-15-2008, 10:35 PM
The problem has been that they hire 20 every 6 months or so but 22 retire easy to see why we have onlgained 26 in the past seven years.

I hear and see county and BSO recruitment ads all the time. We have known for years that we will be short people didnt retire out of the blue. Target those real estate agents now out of work and the Military. Why extend the drop of a guy sitting behind a desk scratching his behind when patrol officers are humping calls for service? Just asking

04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
The guy scratching has nothing to do with extending the DROP.
There are more guys on DROP in patrol then sitting at station anormal.
We need cops,period so even if the guys who scratch leave,new scratchers take their place!!!
Extend DROP,eliminate office jobs and send those to patrol and keep hiring.
Its that simple!

04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
T $ I gots no love for him his an anti gun political hack . Never misses a beat to be the "authority" on gun control

every time he talks he almost knocks me down with his lack of knlowlage of the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.
Hypocrite? Yes wanna be Aristocrat? Yes

04-20-2008, 02:10 AM
You have to understand that less folks want to be cops after the death of so many cops on 9-11. Same happened in the later 60, early 70's when cops were getting ambushed all over the country. Lower number applying means lower number qualify to get hired. But the dept hasn't taken any proactive steps to increase the numbers.

04-24-2008, 12:01 AM
HOW GOOD??? PISS POOR!!!!!!

04-24-2008, 12:48 AM

COMMISIONER GONZALEZ NEVER COMPLAINT WHEN FRANK PICHEL AND MIGUEL EXPOSITO WERE MAKING ZILIONS IN OVERTIME. :twisted:

04-24-2008, 12:56 AM
[quote="The Inquirer":3n9ekmb4]From Watchdog Report Vol 8, Number 38 April 13, 2008

COMMISIONER GONZALEZ NEVER "COMPLAINED" WHEN FRANK PICHEL AND MIGUEL EXPOSITO WERE MAKING ZILIONS IN OVERTIME. :twisted:[/quote:3n9ekmb4]

That's because they are special!

04-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Its funny how several cowardly individuals who won't identify themselves keep trying to slander Major Exposito with lies. These individuals feel threatened by Major Exposito presence at the Department because they feel that he will be the next Chief. They proceed to write lies on this site to create mis-perceptions. There lies are so off the wall that they sink themselves by stating that " Exposito made zillions in overtime". They are so moronic and untruthful that they don't realize that staff members are salary employees and are not entitled to overtime compensation. Let me take this opportunity to tell all the LEO readers who is writing these lies:

1. The Individuals who were investigated by IA when Major Exposito was the IA Commander.
Examples: Corrupt officers in gun throw down cases and Officers and supervisors involved in the overtime abuse scandal. Which ultimately led to demotions. Also, those officers who committed other wrong acts and were arrested by IA.

2. Additionally those who in their imaginations want to be Chief when the current Chief decides to leave.

I conclude by telling these cowards that are spreading lies that there inappropriate actions when eventually lead them to failure. Major Exposito does not need to live in your fantasy world and he would not betray his bosses for future glories unlike "YOU".

04-24-2008, 02:09 AM
since you know so much, was he friends with Pichel

04-24-2008, 02:16 AM
I DONT GIVE A RATS AZZZ IF HE IS FRIENDS WITH PICHEL OR NOT.
CRUSADER IS RIGHT ON.
MAJOR EXPOSITO IS GOOD PEOPLE,PERIOD.
OH AND ANYONE WOULD BE BETTER THAN THE ADMIN WE HAVE NOW SO I HOPE CHANGE OCCURS SOON!

04-24-2008, 02:43 AM
so his he friends with Pichel

04-24-2008, 03:16 AM
Its funny how several cowardly individuals who won't identify themselves keep trying to slander Major Exposito with lies. These individuals feel threatened by Major Exposito presence at the Department because they feel that he will be the next Chief. They proceed to write lies on this site to create mis-perceptions. There lies are so off the wall that they sink themselves by stating that " Exposito made zillions in overtime". They are so moronic and untruthful that they don't realize that staff members are salary employees and are not entitled to overtime compensation. Let me take this opportunity to tell all the LEO readers who is writing these lies:

1. The Individuals who were investigated by IA when Major Exposito was the IA Commander.
Examples: Corrupt officers in gun throw down cases and Officers and supervisors involved in the overtime abuse scandal. Which ultimately led to demotions. Also, those officers who committed other wrong acts and were arrested by IA.

2. Additionally those who in their imaginations want to be Chief when the current Chief decides to leave.

I conclude by telling these cowards that are spreading lies that there inappropriate actions when eventually lead them to failure. Major Exposito does not need to live in your fantasy world and he would not betray his bosses for future glories unlike "YOU".

EXPOSITO MADE ZILLIONS WHILE HE WAS A CAPTAIN ASSIGNED TO CITY HALL.

04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Its funny how several cowardly individuals who won't identify themselves keep trying to slander Major Exposito with lies. These individuals feel threatened by Major Exposito presence at the Department because they feel that he will be the next Chief. They proceed to write lies on this site to create misperceptions. There lies are so off the wall that they sink themselves by stating that " Exposito made zillions in overtime". They are so moronic and untruthful that they don't realize that staff members are salary employees and are not entitled to overtime compensation. Let me take this opportunity to tell all the LEO readers who is writing these lies:

EXPOSITO MADE ZILLIONS WHILE HE WAS A CAPTAIN ASSIGNED TO
CITY HALL.

Yeah, that's because he is special!

04-24-2008, 04:22 PM

RESPONSE:

The Major was never assigned to City Hall like the current Sergeant at Arms. When he was the Major of S.I.S. many moons ago he was in command of the Dignitary Protection squad inside S.I.S. and he would be present when dignitaries visited the Mayor and or the Commissioners with the Secret Service.

To answer your second question: The individual you mentioned was an employee and a supervisor with our Department for approximately 20 years. I am sure that during his career with MPD he made many professional associations. Professional associates our common in every workplace because its a necessary evil. Unfortunately in todays society we spend more time at work than we do home. Major Exposito is a man who understands the importance of keeping work associates at work and his family close to him. He is a very private family person and while at work he is impartial and compassionate to the needs of others and the organization.

I conclude by telling you that you are barking up the wrong tree by slandering Major Exposito. I strongly suggest that you divert all your negative energies towards resolving your own personal internal issues. Good Luck?

04-24-2008, 04:31 PM
EXPOSITO MADE ZILLIONS WHILE HE WAS A CAPTAIN ASSIGNED TO CITY HALL.[/quote]

I don't know if Exposito made zillions or if he was even assigned to City Hall, but the bottom line is, if he worked overtime as a non-staff person, he was entitled to compensation. To the Hater I have one question, Do you get monetary compensation when you work overtime? That was a bad argument dude. Try something else!

04-24-2008, 05:12 PM
EXPOSITO MADE ZILLIONS WHILE HE WAS A CAPTAIN ASSIGNED TO CITY HALL.

I don't know if Exposito made zillions or if he was even assigned to City Hall, but the bottom line is, if he worked overtime as a non-staff person, he was entitled to compensation. To the Hater I have one question, Do you get monetary compensation when you work overtime? That was a bad argument dude. Try something else![/quote]

The question must be: Is Expoxito the man that can put the Miami Police Department back on track? Does he have the vision, the passion and commitment to do it. Or, will it be more of the same?