PDA

View Full Version : Pay Raises

04-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Under the new Budget for the State Governor Christ, Lt. Gov. and 3 cabinet members have taken a 10% pay cut for next year. In keeping with this I feel that it would be in the best interests of all of us to consider pledging a 10% pay reduction. It is time we give back! We should all be thankful that we have jobs in these difficult times. By doing so we would set an example for all Florida employees and we would ensure that we have come to the assistance of State Government in a meaningful way. The State has been good to us and has given us excellent benefits and has enriched our lives through meaningful work. It is time to give back, to rally, to come to the aide of our country men. I urge all to pledge at least 10% back to the State that has taken such great care of it's employees.

04-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Your post is so sarcastic and cynical, I thought I had written it myself! You do hit on an interesting point, however. Major "Fourtune 500" companies have pushed wage and benefit cuts in troubled economic times. It is an easy "feel good" way to address their fiscal mismangement with the added benefit of creating the illusion of "responsibility."
Remember - nothing and no one is safe while the legislature is in session.

06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Under the new Budget for the State Governor Christ, Lt. Gov. and 3 cabinet members have taken a 10% pay cut for next year. In keeping with this I feel that it would be in the best interests of all of us to consider pledging a 10% pay reduction. It is time we give back! We should all be thankful that we have jobs in these difficult times. By doing so we would set an example for all Florida employees and we would ensure that we have come to the assistance of State Government in a meaningful way. The State has been good to us and has given us excellent benefits and has enriched our lives through meaningful work. It is time to give back, to rally, to come to the aide of our country men. I urge all to pledge at least 10% back to the State that has taken such great care of it's employees.

Pass that pipe you're smoking over my way so I can take a hit!

06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
You first, Drago!

07-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Raises from the legislature are a thing of the past. Maybe ABT can put in for a raise and have to do as FHP is about to have to do and take the 5% raise out of the FHP budget. Wonder what those poor troopers are going to have to do without to get that raise? Safe vehicles, vests, emergency equipment..who knows!!